T Nation

Try Opening Large Threads Yet?

Any one try to open a big-ass thread yet? I wondered how this new design of not having pages would do with a large thread, so I opened the largest thread I know of…THE ASS WORSHIP THREAD.

I really like this new one-page-per-thread idea, but that thread is still loading as I type this, and the typing on the screen is taking forever to catch up to my actual typing.

Just thought it was funny how long it’s taking to load that thread. Also, having so many pictures is probably contributing to the long loading time.

Still loading BTW…and I have a cable modem

wow, after taking forever to catch up to my typing, and going back to make corrections, I waited another 5 minutes, and I couldn’t do much of anything so I had to go to my task manager and end the task.

I am using Firefox, so I don’t know if it would still take as long with internet explorer, but I would assume so.

I’m going to try and open it again, but go watch tv while I’m waiting for it to load.

[quote]SWR wrote:
Any one try to open a big-ass thread yet? I wondered how this new design of not having pages would do with a large thread, so I opened the largest thread I know of…THE ASS WORSHIP THREAD.

I really like this new one-page-per-thread idea, but that thread is still loading as I type this, and the typing on the screen is taking forever to catch up to my actual typing.

Just thought it was funny how long it’s taking to load that thread. Also, having so many pictures is probably contributing to the long loading time.

Still loading BTW…and I have a cable modem[/quote]

Am I missing someting? I haven’t seen any changes. I still see all those lovely page numbers.

[quote]Madman2 wrote:

Am I missing someting? I haven’t seen any changes. I still see all those lovely page numbers.[/quote]

Hmm, that’s weird. Maybe I messed with my settings some how.

I don’t see any page numbers, all threads are just one continuous, long page.

There’s something wrong with your computer.

[quote]SWR wrote:
Madman2 wrote:

Am I missing someting? I haven’t seen any changes. I still see all those lovely page numbers.

Hmm, that’s weird. Maybe I messed with my settings some how.

I don’t see any page numbers, all threads are just one continuous, long page. [/quote]

Dude, I had the exact same problem, although now fixed, and reported it here.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1576866

You might want to do the same because its not an “added feature”!

Yup, it’s my loggin. I just logged out, and I’m seeing the pages again.

[quote]YourXLNS wrote:

Dude, I had the exact same problem, although now fixed, and reported it here.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1576866

You might want to do the same because its not an “added feature”!
[/quote]

How did yours get fixed?

I logged out, cleared all my cache and temp. internet files, but when I log back in, same problem.

[quote]SWR wrote:
How did yours get fixed?
[/quote]

I believe the problem is on their end, but if you have any doubts, and a second computer or a friend with a pc, have them log in under your profile and see if they are having the same issue.

If more than 1 pc is having the same issue with the same profile I’m pretty sure its on their end.

BTW: When you logged out were you still not seeing the pages displayed?

Oh, and finally, another problem I had when this was happening was that I couldn’t see at the bottom of the articles “Discuss this Article”. When I reported this to a mod both issues got fixed minutes later. So they were probably related.

[quote]YourXLNS wrote:
SWR wrote:
How did yours get fixed?

I believe the problem is on their end, but if you have any doubts, and a second computer or a friend with a pc, have them log in under your profile and see if they are having the same issue.

If more than 1 pc is having the same issue with the same profile I’m pretty sure its on their end.

BTW: When you logged out were you still not seeing the pages displayed?

Oh, and finally, another problem I had when this was happening was that I couldn’t see at the bottom of the articles “Discuss this Article”. When I reported this to a mod both issues got fixed minutes later. So they were probably related.[/quote]

Yea, I can see the pages when I log out, and I also can’t see the link to discuss articles.

That’s another thing that I thought was a new feature. lol