Try Almond Milk

Quite honestly, this is the best milk replacement I think there is. It may not taste as good as milk by itself, but to me it makes shakes just as creamy and flavorable as regular milk. Heck, I actually like it straight up too.

The only kind I get is made by Blue Diamond Natural. It’s important to get the UNSWEETENED vanilla or chocolate flavor. Here’s a link to the stats:

http://www.bluediamond.com/retail/breeze/Almond%20Breeze%20Nutrition%20info_Layout%201.pdf

For those who were too lazy to go there, I’ll give you the gist (for the vanilla unsweetened flavor):

Cals (per 8oz): 40
Fat: 3 grams
Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Sugar: 0 grams
Protein: 1 gram

Ingredients: …eh…I’m not typing them out. But the first two are purified water and almonds.

Most grocery stores carry this brand, HOWEVER it is rather hard to find the unsweetened variations. Your best bet is your local health food store.

This is a great option if you love rich, creamy shakes and want to stay clean. There’s simply no better way to do it than this IMO. Also great for those who are lactose intolerant.

Let me know if you decide to give it a go and tell me what you think.

sounds good. I’ll look it up. I’ve been looking for something else to mix my shakes with, since I won’t drink soy anymore. I’ll pick some up tomorrow at the store and give my review.

almond milk is ridiculously good. Ive gone through like four 32 oz containers this past week. So good.

Hi guys,

Bare with the video, but it contains an awesome recipe for making your own milk.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=3933978321697613891&q=kung+food&total=155&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

It also has some awesome information for real health.

Would be awesome if T-Nation could interview Dr Jubb. I know there’s some stuff t-nationers just wont agree with but there’s also much information we could benefit from.

Yep.

I try and keep the drink as raw as possible by adding in some raw free range and organic eggs ( just put them in boiling water for 10 seconds to kill off any salmonella). Add to your liking.

At other times I add in a raw plain as jane Micellar or WPI. No additives, preservatives etc.

Hey…was my thread title edited or something? Weird…

[quote]
Mod note:
Yes it was. We shorten and change them as needed to make them concise, descriptive, and to fit on the screen [/quote]

I’ve had the unsweetened original and unfortunately my store doesnt carry chocolate and vanilla unsweetened.

Of the two choc & vanilla, which do you prefer?
(unsweetened variety of course)

[quote]Millerizer130 wrote:
I’ve had the unsweetened original and unfortunately my store doesnt carry chocolate and vanilla unsweetened.

Of the two choc & vanilla, which do you prefer?
(unsweetened variety of course)

[/quote]

Both are good, but I perfer vanilla simply because it’s more versatile.