T Nation

TRX vs Multigym?

So joining a gym is a no go for a couple of months, and getting any decent weight in the flat is a no go with neighbours below and the noise.

So out of the two which would be the best shout and why ?

Also this might sound a bit noobish but i always hear that as you get stronger to continue seeing gains you need to increase the weight everytime you lift to keep seeing results.

So if i benched say 100 pounds this week then next week i would go up to 105 pounds ? and so on… would people not reach a point where they can’t get enough weight to lift to continue seeing results and lose muscle ?

TRX has no way of increasing the resistence so one i get used to them will i begin to lose any gains i get if it is no longer as challenging ?

[quote]fendertele wrote:
So joining a gym is a no go for a couple of months, and getting any decent weight in the flat is a no go with neighbours below and the noise.

So out of the two which would be the best shout and why ?[/quote]

I would not invest in a multi-gym as they are expensive and have little practical use for serious weight training. If you are only in this situation for a couple of months, invest in some bands and a pullup bar and do bodyweight lifts.

This is called linear progression, and you are correct that it can only be sustained for a limited amount of time for novice lifters before stalling at a given weight. At some point you either need to decrease the amount of weight you increase your lifts by each week, or use a program that periodizes the sets, reps, and percentages to allow for progression. Good examples are 5/3/1 and the Texas Method. Training is usually broken up into blocks of time over which you lift heavy for some parts, and lighter for others.