Truvia

I use Stevia every day, in my coffee, in my oatmeal, love it!

[quote]VTTrainer wrote:
Save yourself some money and go buy Kal stevia right now. It’s on sale too, lucky bastard, I just bought some. I promise you that you won’t regret it. It also mixes really easily into cold stuff with a shake, unlike truvia. Lastly, it tastes just as good.

http://www.amazon.com/Kal-Pure-Stevia-Extract-Powder/dp/B000VRSR84 I use about 40 packs/week of truvia (heavy coffee drinker) but the small 1.5 oz of Kal lasted me for about 2 months. The 3.5oz bottle should last a long damn time.

Just be careful, it’s the stevia extract, a pinch of it is enough to sweeten coffee, so go slow as you add it.[/quote]

I’ve been using KAL stevia for a while now. Love it. I use about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon to sweeten an entire gallon of whatever I’m drinking at the time.

I also use some packets of Stevia in the Raw at work for coffee. It works pretty well. I like it because it doesn’t have the erythritol.

Bill, do you have experience with trehalose? I just bought a batch to experiment with. It is supposedly less sweet than normal sugar, has a lower glycemic index, and even some positive neurological and cellular effects. It sounds too good to be true. Heck, if you even have a enough of it in your system, you can be desiccated and revived with water! Well, if you’re a sea monkey that is.

Actually no, I’ve never tried it.

[quote]yorik wrote:

[quote]VTTrainer wrote:
Save yourself some money and go buy Kal stevia right now. It’s on sale too, lucky bastard, I just bought some. I promise you that you won’t regret it. It also mixes really easily into cold stuff with a shake, unlike truvia. Lastly, it tastes just as good.

http://www.amazon.com/Kal-Pure-Stevia-Extract-Powder/dp/B000VRSR84 I use about 40 packs/week of truvia (heavy coffee drinker) but the small 1.5 oz of Kal lasted me for about 2 months. The 3.5oz bottle should last a long damn time.

Just be careful, it’s the stevia extract, a pinch of it is enough to sweeten coffee, so go slow as you add it.[/quote]

I’ve been using KAL stevia for a while now. Love it. I use about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon to sweeten an entire gallon of whatever I’m drinking at the time.

I also use some packets of Stevia in the Raw at work for coffee. It works pretty well. I like it because it doesn’t have the erythritol.[/quote]

Ya, you’re right man. That would easily sweeten a gallon, it’s super potent

Quick question is like to add, sorry for derailing the talk about Stevia but it has to do with Splenda. how can it be calorie/sugar free and not spike insulin when 2 of the 3 ingredients are Dextrose and Maltosextrin. I’m confused as hell about that?!? I ask because I tend to use Splenda alot in coffee and its in the Arizona diet Green Tea I drink HEFTY amounts of.

Thx fellas

Because the amounts contained within each packet or serving size are so small that it falls below the standards for which a food source can be considered calorie free. Also, due to the small amount, its effects on blood sugar is minimal.