T Nation

Trustworthy & Affordable Supp Co.

Need help… can anybody here tell me a few trustable and affordable companies for supps. Wanna buy Whey, Beta-Alanine, BCAA, Waxy Maize. Has anybody used these products from a company that is affordable and worked?

Other than the waxy maize, I suspect a lot of people have purchased “trustable” supplements from the company that sponsors this forum.

Click on the “Biotest Store” link to the right and you will find what you’re looking for.

jpb

You know, this is a lot like walking into a bathroom and asking:“Hey! Does anyone know where I can take a leak?!?!”

Click on “store” above your post. You can’t beat Grow! Whey at the price point. Biotest’s BCAA are also a great buy when you compare the actual content per serving.

[quote]Player wrote:
Need help… can anybody here tell me a few trust able and affordable companies for supps. Wanna buy Whey, Beta-Alanine, BCAA, Waxy Maize. Has anybody used these products from a company that is affordable and worked?[/quote]

I just depends on what your buying. Fancy stuff, test boosters diet pills ect are all kind of… iffy even Biotest stuff isn’t magic.

If you want Quality protein/creatine Biotest all the way.

If you need vitamins or fish oil short research will show you the light. Run the chemical comp of the vit in question and you will find out what you need to know.

Example Glucosimine HCl has a near minimal bioavailably, Glucosamine sulfate has a high bioavailably. When you compare price you will see that glucosimine sulfate costs a lot more.

Heres my knowledge. Look for.
glucosimine sulfate
chromium picolinate
Zinc (all seem fine)
magnesium aspartate

As for calcium I don’t know, I do know that most calciums have mediocre bioavailably.
Iron: DON’T this is toxic in low levels and is rarely needed. If you doubt that get a gold coin rub it on you forehead, it leave a mark you need iron.

Biotest for all workout related supplements

NewChapter is the alpha and omega of all herbal supplements IMO

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:

Iron: DON’T this is toxic in low levels and is rarely needed. If you doubt that get a gold coin rub it on you forehead, it leave a mark you need iron. [/quote]

Huh? really?
I know that fingernail ridging is a sign of low iron, but never heard of that one.

[quote]dianab wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

Iron: DON’T this is toxic in low levels and is rarely needed. If you doubt that get a gold coin rub it on you forehead, it leave a mark you need iron.

Huh? really?
I know that fingernail ridging is a sign of low iron, but never heard of that one.[/quote]

LOL, yeah, I think I’m a bit skeptical about this, as well. It seems like something someone came up with to tell someone to do and then hit them in the face and laugh or something, not to tell how much iron you’ve got in your system.

Plus, what if that mark is permanent?

To the OP, you cant beat Biotest, IMO.

Grow Whey… seems great.
Biotest seems to win here

I hear there is some obscure supplement company that sponsors this board.

The name escapes me though.

Bio… exam?

I like optimum nutrition, have tried some Biotest stuff. I can see how people would like the products but for my protein I stick with ON personally.

Tons of people on this site like Biotest, they have a loyal following. Most prices are within range of one another. Amongst reputable companies it’s all just preference.

Obviously Biotest, for stuff not in their range all the products sold by elitefts are high quality and they have a discount at the mo on waxy maize

USANA , Beverly International. Both are pricey, but best I’ve had by far!

Vitamin D
4000 IU per day in CAPSULE form not tablets.

22IU/lb thats what Charles Poliquin says!

Lol, Just kidding i don’t know if Charles recommend Vitamin D, but seems that Vitamin D is the new cool vitamin to take so research about that. And the capsule form seems to be more absorbable.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
trueprotein.com[/quote]

Damn, great prices, these guys are legit? Have you ever had a supplement from them?

Biotest is great, my second choice is optimum nutrition. ON has more options than Biotest, ie powder BCAA’s, and a lot of other stuff .

[quote]Player wrote:
cyph31 wrote:
trueprotein.com

Damn, great prices, these guys are legit? Have you ever had a supplement from them?[/quote]

Very legit, good quality, but high shipping costs…great for LARGE orders, but for anything in the sub 5lb range, Biotest can’t be beat.

[quote]atg410 wrote:

Very legit, good quality, but high shipping costs…great for LARGE orders, but for anything in the sub 5lb range, Biotest can’t be beat.[/quote]

Agreed, I tell people to buy 16 lbs at least or buy elsewhere.