T Nation

Trump: The Third Year

Nah. Clinton was too cool.

Wierd, huh?

Edit:

Reminded me of this bit. So good. RIP.

Looked up wall verses for more silly FB ad campaigns. Fairly good anti Trump one here:

[Proverbs 25:28]
Like a city that is broken into and without walls Is a man who has no control over his spirit.

So they built and prospered:

[2 Chronicles 14:7]
For he said to Judah, “Let us build these cities and surround them with walls and towers, gates and bars. The land is still ours because we have sought the LORD our God; we have sought Him, and He has given us rest on every side.” So they built and prospered

Prepare for wall hype songs:

[Isaiah 26:1]
In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: "We have a strong city; He sets up walls and ramparts for security

Trump could tweet this before the next democratic national convention:

[Ezekiel 22:30]
"I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one.

“If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation,” Trump said.

I just keep coming back to this pure gold. I really want Trump to put together an entire poem or wrap about stopping looking into his presidency.

The lady doth protest too much methinks

I think he would get stuck trying to find a word that rhymes with orange.

Did my phone really autocorrect to wrap? Leaving it to show I’m a non poof Redfing dumbas.

Don’t investigate me. Can’t have peace if you do.

Maybe he’s been getting Jesse Jackson to write his lines.

It LOOKS like Trump is going for the “Win/Kinda’ Win”:

1. He is going to sign the latest Border Security Agreement (avoiding a shutdown); AND

2. Will declare a State of Emergency on the Southern Border (thereby getting his wall…but certainly not without a LOT of legal/constitutional challenges…)

If he gets “2”? Not one damn Conservative/Republican better let “Executive Overreach” pass their lips…ever…

Thoughts?

Has this been confirmed? I’ve been hoping he’d do this

It won’t be confirmed until he does it.

That’s just the rumor at this point.

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action — including a national emergency — to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

I’m thinking if he does, it’ll have to be immediately following the caving of the budget. It’s the only way he’ll be able to save face after getting dumped on with the shutdown

(…I thought Sarah Sanders was going to leave at the beginning of the year???)

Why on Earth would you hope that?

Wasn’t it conservatives a few years ago that were afraid that Obama was going to declare a national emergency, use that to implement martial law, then send govt. thugs door to door to gather up our guns?

It’s almost like we create what we fear.

If he does I don’t think this will fly with the courts and trump knows it. He is just trying to placate his base and have an out by saying, “see I tried to build my wall but those liberal judges in the lower courts are against border security”. If some strange reason it does get over… Just wait till the next democratic president is in office and declares a real national emergency like gun control or healthcare. People on the right head’s will explode. But they can thank trump.

100%. Well said. The executive action is primarily an exit ramp strategy for Trump to save face with his base. And they’ll fall for it - a few thousand shares of an angry meme on social media about liberal judges letting MS-13 come torture your kids and this tale of foolishness - a complete faceplant by Trump on the government shutdown strategy and a heinous and dangerous indifference toward executive overreach to try and recover from it - will be forgiven and forgotten by his base.

Before the court challenge, though, assuming Trump uses the statute everyone thinks he will, Congresd is given a chance to approve/disapprove of the emergency action, and it’s by majority vote (not subject to a filibuster in the Senate). GOP Senators aren’t renowned for the strength of their spines these days, but here’s a great chance to vote in line with the conservatism they say they adhere to. Let’s see.

Because it was inevitable. He can’t run for reelection without the wall. Full stop.

But now Mr dealmaker couldn’t make a deal when he has Congress control, got bitch slapped by Nancy Pelosi so hard that Trump’s first wife felt it, and at the end of the day his national emergency STILL might not hold up