Trump: The Third Year

you’d do well testifying in front of congress…

I’ll take your answer for now as a “no”

I’m convinced Trump wants people to dislike him.

4 Likes

The Clean End of the turd.

2 Likes

Sorry let me more direct.

I think the media has a responsibility to remain objective and unbiased if they want to appear legitimate. I do not think the govt should use the threat of force to ensure it happens.

Take it however you want lol. Reading comprehension is a skill after all

To be fair, he campaigned on and won with a platform that included the media being his enemy. Not that they were any more his enemy than they were Romney’s, but he said it out loud… often. So they’re not fair to Trump. Nobody is surprised.

The majority of the media was never going to give a Republican president a fair shake, attacks or not. I’m just shocked he still has a Twitter account.

2 Likes

I’d say they’re much more biased against him than they ever were against Romney. But Romney wasn’t out there kicking the junkyard dog in the face and whining about how it bit him.

Kasich woulda been fine…

(I’m still bitter, I love Kasich)

3 Likes

It took Trump to make George #2 look good.

Bush had a great rapport with the press in his rose garden presses though. Those are actually pretty great to watch.

4 Likes

One other point - Trumpkins demand that the (privately run) media be held to the standards of objectivity, truth-telling, sobriety, integrity, decorum, and fairness because of their public responsibility.

The Presidency, however, gets a pass on every single one of those standards. Because libs.

In other words, Trumpkins want their opponents to fight by the Marquess of Queensbury Rules of gentleman boxing, while the people they support can lie, cheat, steal, bite, and pull out brass knuckles whenever its suits their purpose.

If Trumpkins didn’t have double standards, they’d have no standards at all.

5 Likes

^^^ from @thunderbolt23 years ago
They are naturally going to see how the straight news media reacts when it is confronted with the challenge of reporting objectively on politically charged events like the Iraq war. That would be the ultimate determinant of whether the straight news media can do its job when it is needed the most . The more contentious and political the issue, the more necessary that the media do its job and get it right. Examining how the media does its job during the Iraq war is exactly the best way to try and examine bias - because the reporters and editors are at their fever pitch with opinions. Can they set aside those opinions and deliver the news?

Good to see you have abandoned your formerly reasonable thoughts on the media due to TDS. Since finding this old post took at least 10 seconds, l bet you have many others, stating the necessity of a fair minded press, in order to help safeguard the ideals of democracy.

The other point, that Treco so elequantly made, was that if you hold Trump to the same standards that his people attempt to hold the media to, you de facto support said media and cannot disprove of both sides.

Because fuck logic.

2 Likes

Gotta be honest, I’m glad Zep is gone, it’s kept me mostly out of PWI…

@treco

The media should not get a pass when they report falsehoods. They have a responsibility to report facts as bias free as possible. They hold a lot of power and should be held to a higher standard than most other professions; however, they are also human beings after all and it’s virtually impossible to eliminate individual bias from the news.

That said, so does the President who is also a human being and is not above reproach. Perhaps he should lead by example and rise above the petty discourse a lot of news outlets partake in.

Or, he can call a highly decorate General a dog…

It shouldn’t be confusing why so many people, even those that lean right, do not like the President.

6 Likes

I doubt many like Trump much, but he does represent a perceived bulwark against the creeping Leftist attitudes and policies emanating from the worldwide Intellectual think group. These go well beyond the classical Liberal thoughts that have raised man out of mud huts scratching the earth with a stick.

The man is quite literally attacked for every thought, word, deed, and even existence, irrespective of position taken. Who could rise above that? Not I.

He just used executive authority to ban a firearm accessory.

That is not true at all. Rand Paul just defended him, even called him a conservative (lol), after the Romney OP.

Look at the comments section on any social media site; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever and you will find a plethora of Trump supporters that vehemently defend him regardless of what the article says. He has plenty of support.

If you don’t believe me just look up anything related to the Mattis resignation. It’s amazing how many folks have all of a sudden turned on Mattis because he dared resign (they’ll say he was fired) over policy differences.

1 Like

Obama was called a foreign born ISIS member. He was also called the Antichrist (sister in laws in laws genuinely believe this, luckily none of my family does).

Not saying Obama rose above it perfectly, but he dealt with 80% of the mud and easily did 10x better at rising above it

Was talking MSM…sorry to have not specified.

1 Like

Fox is MSM, right? Have they stopped defending him on pretty much every show and in pretty much every article?

I get my news from other sources so maybe I’m wrong. I haven’t looked at Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc… in several years. They’re all terrible.

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this right here…

Edit: Is this enough for him to be re-elected?

5 Likes

Nah there isn’t a snowballs chance in hell she’ll get the nomination. She’s the goat from Jurassic Park. Now Trump will spend all his time tweeting about her and forget she’ll never be his opponent.

1 Like

Another point to add to that of @anon50325502.

@treco…you talk as if Trump is some innocent, besieged Chief Executive just trying to do his job…who gets incessantly and unfairly attacked not for the job he is doing…but because people just don’t like him.

Trump has been the instigator of just about every fight he has been in…and usually is the one to fuel the flames when it was best for him to just walk away from the Twitter.

And look at his pseudo-loyalty to people. Yeah…he is loyal until they disagree with him…

And those who follow-him even if he shot someone on 5th avenue?

Pawns in a game for Trump to get what Trump wants. It always has been…and always will be… “TRUMP FIRST”…and he’ll use anyone he can to get there.

3 Likes

I agree with this.

I doubt this, though.