Trump: The Third Year

I certainly agree. My point is that the heads of those organizations inherited a very profitable model, but are not smart enough to see anything beyond it.

But I’m repeating myself.

1 Like

Certainly not when you consider the MSMs available audience of those paying for cable packages against JREs audience of the English speaking population of the planet with internet access

Edit: salty with myself for not fact checking that 150M/episode number. Now that I actually think about it that’s just absurd lol

Lol, not to pile on Uncle Gabby (since I also had a hard time finding a source with accurate numbers) but I read “150 million per episode” and immediately thought “no way JRE’s listenership every episode is more people than watch the Super Bowl.”

1 Like

Lol the better of two evils … never have I seen a better example than our politics. It’s uust sad it went this far…

Someone else said it on these forums way way long ago: Dave is really good at getting you out of debt, but not really good at all at building wealth/net worth. I think I agree.

I will say this though–in his defense, while the % interest numbers make sense with your debt scenario and it wouldn’t be optimal to work on the small ones first, I think a large amount of this approach isn’t actually geared around the “optimal” path. Instead it seems geared around building belief that you can be debt free.

Similar to many fat loss struggles, a lot of people just lack the belief it can happen. They lack hope, and so never actually start. Sure, it’s dumb but it’s also a reality for many. So, in this instance it’s more about seeing SOMETHING finished off rather than the hard numbers. Seeing even small things check off the list can give you emotional momentum to keep the process going, like the whole process of seeing the scale move for the first time. We tell newbs all the time “better have imperfect action and stick to it than a perfect plan that you never execute”, because they get analysis paralysis.

2 Likes

Where you been friend? @Aragorn
I literally just looked at your page after seeing you reply in an old thread.

1 Like

Yes. Yes it does.

On topic
Since Trump was a Manchurian Candidate, then doing Putin’s bidding to repay election, and is now under suspicion of actually being a Russian spy - would the next logical progression be that he is some sort of Stepford Wife of Putin’s?

Hello friend!

I miss the goings on around here tbh. But I was spending far too much time on here and not getting enough accomplished in “real life”, so I took a hard break. Kinda like breaking my caffeine addiction, but harder :P. It started by cutting out Facebook entirely last year (I still have an account but never check it) and getting away from Instagram.

I never felt better or less stressed.

PWI was more of a practical decision… because I would spend entirely too much time debating with the fine intelligent denizens* of this corner of the interwebz. I’ve stepped away from research and started a business, and its eating my soul lol.

*zep and select nuts excepted

3 Likes

You are better for it.
Businesses always drain your time and brainpower, but l can’t say no either

Good luck with the venture.

1 Like

The irony.

The left is so stupid for thinking Trump has deep ties to Russia but Trump himself was a birther.

For someone interested only in America First, his chaotic foreign policy is consistently 100% aligned with Russian geopolitical goals.

Not a spy, that would be too flattering. An useful idiot.

“Hey everybody, look at my notes - we’ve been discussing legitimate topics and this wasn’t a asset debriefing” implied Putin while publicly showing meeting notes in unusually large font

2 Likes

A plethora of damning accusation
A dearth of verification.

So he is a useful idiot now, instead of a ‘Russian asset’, as Dems were saying?
What does that make the intentional liars, negative spin artists, and would be coupists? Useful idiots, heroes, or treasonous subversives?

Just looking for some actual substantiations from the great investigator…

Personally, I think that his general ignorance blurs the line between premeditated collusion and narcissistic pettiness.

The nice Russians who praise his intellect and admire his business acumen helpfully “explained” him international politics - he just has to annul some unimportant alliances like NATO and throw some tiny countries under the bus and he’ll get a nice plot of land on the banks of the river Moskva to build the biggest tower the world has even seen.

It speaks volumes that we’re discussing semantics whether the sitting POTUS is an actual spy or just an idiot.

Think about this - even Jeanine Pirro, the pillar of detached, impartial and professional journalism (sarcasm) had to include in her softball interview a direct question to Trump whether he works for Russia.

You mean the current US administration? Because to me they tick all those boxes above.

1 Like

I was going to start another Thread…but I think you encompassed many of my thoughts. @loppar.

The LEFT is going so ape-shit crazy with the hyperbole and “Russian Agent” bullshit…that they are losing what would otherwise be legitimate arguments.

The RIGHT is showing itself to be blind apologist and lapdogs so far up Trump’s ass that they can see his tonsils. Listening to them is as nauseating as listening to the LEFT.

“The Truth” (if we will ever find it) is probably somewhere “in-between”.

My thoughts are that in 2016; Trumps could almost taste what for him would be the largest ego boost of his narcissistic Life…the Presidency of the United States. The only problem was that pesky bitch Hillary Clinton was in the way.

Putin (along with the “impartial” Wikileaks) said we can take care of her…and this is our deal…they met (Trump and his minions under his direction)…shook hands…and the rest is history.

It terms of all this “Patriotism/Make America Great/Conservative” conversion that Trump has had? (Something he never, EVER exhibited all the years he has been in the public eye)…Trump will always do whatever will feed his ego and his ends…and he gets it fed on almost a daily basis. I also honestly think that he hates the system the founders set up and would much prefer an America where the POTUS has absolute and unquestioned authority…with Billionaire Oligarchs as his only “advisers”.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! I appreciate it.

I still plan to keep popping in. Too much good talk to tap out. I just need to make sure “the habit” doesn’t get out of control haha.

1 Like

I don’t think those are mutually exclusive.

In any event, you don’t think is acting on behalf of Russia because of compromise or agreement. Fine.

Answer me this - if a president was acting on behalf of Russia because of compromise or agreement, what would that President have done differently from Trump over the past two years re: Russia? Anything?

What actions are your specific concerns?
Read one of these 3 or don’t.

You certainly don’t have any more inside knowledge than they. Only an axe to grind, while praying Mueller will produce anything after 1000 days and tens of millions of $.

PLEASE tell me this was a “fluff”, satirical piece on how “tough” Trump has been on Russia…please???

Two things:

1. Trump has to do something in order to keep up appearances, and

2. Putin was most likely “okay” with the actions …and did want he wanted to do anyway.

Which? All 3?
Better?