Trump: The Second Year

That’s not all they share.

Well played sir, very well played

@ It’s about the timing. OK, but you seemed to be saying that he’s a big crook in your previous post. It appears that isn’t the case.

‘Not the case’? Slow ya roll, there. The claim that Libby was unjustly convicted relies heavily on the statements of Judith Miller–a completely disgraced and discredited individual. (The special prosecutor is to blame for her faulty testimony? Gimme a break.) Thus, IMO this claim is, at best, a subject for debate. My point was, even if we assume Libby was deserving of it, the timing of this pardon (and thus its underlying motivation) is extremely suspicious.

Can someone explain where the Russia investigation is? For all the noise about Cohen/Stormy/Access Hollywood, they aren’t really about Russia.

The only way I see it tying in is if they find incriminating things in Cohen’s files and the USDA refers info back to Mueller.

1 Like

Hard to say, given Mueller’s sphinx-like demeanor and his team’s lack of leaking.

Given that Cohen and Trump are thick as thieves regarding Russian business deals, I’d say the probability of this is well above zero.

2 Likes

They aren’t PUBLICLY about Russia.

Also…Putin is not yapping endlessly like Twitter-obsessed Trump; Hannity; and the host of other people and their lawyers who are suing Trump.

Mueller is running a tight ship.

1 Like

We might be giving Mueller too much credit. It used to be commonplace to not be drowning in leaks that exposed half your mistakes. Trump just seems to be so bad at inspiring his people he doesn’t even get a pass from them when making decisions.

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense though. Those people that spend every day with him should just love him unconditionally like his base. Duh

When compared to the group he is investigating…you may very well be right.

You ever wonder if he gets beers with his team and they all laugh together? Like it’s not supposed to be this easy.

“Yeah and then the big orange guy goes ‘I would love to testify in front of Mueller’ hahahaha”
“Well as you know, he does know all the best words.”

1 Like

Been posted before, but worth a re-post here I think:

2 Likes

There’s some housekeeping going on in Russia at the moment.

And oligarch Ziyavudin Magomedov imprudently talked to Muller’s team upon landing in LA (he’s an investor in Hyperloop and its board member) so he’s in prison now.

4 Likes

No kidding, I was recently thinking of asking you when you think Russia would have another round of clean up/rash of suicides and death by misadventure.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the guy who was gunned down right in front of the Kremlin. He predicted Putin would kill him the day before.

download

2 Likes

“In 2016 the District of Columbia Court of Appeals reinstated Mr. Libby to the D.C. bar after it said a legal disciplinary counsel had presented “credible evidence” in support of his innocence. Mr. Trump’s pardon should now restore his reputation in full.” WSJ, April 14.

Was the DC Court of Appeals wrong then? They determined that there was credible evidence that he was innocent, and reinstated him to the bar in 2016.

If they’re correct in reinstating him, then the only thing about this is timing. It would have been better if President Obama had taken care of it before he left office, or Trump in his first weeks in office. Of course, that was a real chaotic time in the White House. ← understatement.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Or after the Mueller investigation closed.

3 Likes

If the DC court of appeals had already ruled, what did the pardon actually DO?

Pardon the ignorance, I can’t bring myself to start googling Scooter Libby info. It’s just a sea of current stuff

Imagine you lost your license to practice your profession because you were wrongly accused, and that became big national news. Your friends and family all knew about it and considered you very close to a traitor? I doubt if having your license reinstated so you could work in your field again would be enough for you. If that happened to me, I’d want to be pardoned yesterday. Having everyone think I was guilty of outing a CIA agent, purgery, lying… Yeah, I think most of us would want our reputation restored officially.

"No hurry, you’re not languishing in jail. " That wouldn’t be very comforting if I were in that situation.

Do you (or anyone really) genuinely think Libby’s reputation is somehow restored by having been granted a pardon by Trump, the guy who pardoned a mouth breathing birther after he admit to a judge he willingly and knowingly broke the law and got a pardon anyways?

But I ask again, what did the pardon actually DO. Was it purely for him to be able to say “see I told you.” Serious question.

Even if the goal was to salvage his reputation (I would again ask how that functions via a pardon), is the mission accomplished by Trump using the pardon as an obvious publicity stunt? He made a mockery of Libby’s reputation with his inherent message that Libbys woes didn’t matter until they presented the opportunity for a political move.

Sorry, I don’t know how to answer your questions.

Thinking out loud here…

I think this depends in part on how much respect you have for the office, or the institution.

Maybe ask yourself if you earned some distinguished honor, maybe a medal, if you’d be willing to go to the White House and let the President put it around your neck. Or would you choose to stay home.