Trump: The Second Year

So so totally true. Like sponges, and some of those memories are the best ones

If I was never bored as a kid I never would have started reading for fun! Or playing chess and developing math tricks or new skills.

1 Like

I never realized how profound this was until I had a sensible home, married young, two kids and three jobs. One day I’m like damn… I’m my dad now. Never planned It, but I followed his example.

I even got aggravated at the kids when they were under-foot one day while we were cleaning up in the kitchen and I said “you’ve got 2,000 square feet and all four of us are right on top of each other!” One of my dad’s catch phrases growing up. Damn.

1 Like
1 Like

It seems like this is the perfect answer to the wealth inequality “problem” certain pols like to harp on.

Problem: “The rich are getting richer while the poor fall behind.”

Solution: “Less people to collect taxes from then.”

Pro tip - never say to your wife “stop being your mother” after being annoyed at something she did or you’ll end up in a world of shit.

6 Likes

Eh, except, now you have a larger pool of people more than happy to accept a hand-out since it costs them nothing.

Panem et circenses.

Buying votes, it works. Really well.

1 Like

So, a massive tax break for the rich is a sop to the poor?

:thinking:

sop?

a thing given or done as a concession of no great value to appease someone whose main concerns or demands are not being met.

2 Likes

No. Making sure the poor/working class have almost no skin in the game when it comes to taxes is a great way to buy votes. The GOP and the Dems are guilty of this.

Trump’s tax cuts include a doubling of the standard deduction and other benefits “crumbs” for the non-wealthy without raising rates on them. And nearly all of the tax burden remains on the wealthy… where it seems both parties want it.

Im doing the Rudy slow clap right now… Well done sir… well done

1 Like

Because it’s the glory hole of society. It feels good, but we never knew what was on the other side, not smart.

Now we do know and it ain’t pretty.

Ehhh I mean plenty of people knew the rough idea of what was going on. Pretty much anyone in marketing or a tech based field will already tell you to take steps to prevent your computer from distributing your data.

People that didn’t were either just idiots or unwisely (imo) didn’t care about the ramifications of their data.

That being said, big data is absolutely crucial for the growth we’ve seen in the economy in the last 10-15 years

2 Likes

Take heart–if you agree with the WSJ that the poor are “lucky duckies,” you can always join them. A Federal-income-tax-free life is yours for the taking.

2 Likes

Right, thats the second reason to chastise, once you know whats going on with it GTFO of there!

Ok…and?

I’m not necessarily arguing against your point, I only use FB as an easy way to distribute pictures of my kids to so many family members.

But it’s like with any other ToS kinda deal. Anyone pleading ignorance is actually just stupid. The knowledge of what big data does with your online identity has been known for what is probably going on a decade+. People just want a reason to bitch about facebook.

Hopefully people vote with their dollar IRT this latest FB thing. It’s the only option they realistically have. But on the flip side, it wouldn’t really matter. Without taking steps to shield your personal information from being gathered, you’d have to basically stop using the internet altogether.

2 Likes

Ministry of truth much?

1 Like