Trump: The Second Year

why would you say that?

Without a driving factor for change (depression etc.), of course, just like others are saying.

Yeah, I’m going to bow out as this conversation has the potential to get heated. Have a good one.

Just remember, I was the one who avoided going into this topic.

You did.

I responded.

Now you’re walking away.

Well played dude.

You’re the one espousing the “proper” ways to raise a kid, yet you don’t have any. GTFO with this.

3 Likes

Lol, the tangents we go on. Our daycare is incredible and our oldest son is certainly treated like an individual and not just a part of a herd. I couldn’t be happier with our situation. I’d probably pull what little hair I have out if I had to stay at home with the boys 24/7. My wife would too.

This isn’t intended to be a shot or anything, I just always find it fascinating to read the opinions of people that have done it and the people that haven’t done it and see how crazy different they can be.

5 Likes

I have an 18+ yr education on raising kids.

I have parents, and I can guarantee you they would agree with everything I’m saying.

I have the ability to analyze, solve, and prevent problems that others don’t. I see fuckup parents all the time…Who am I to say?..see above. When I talk to my parents about what I see, we finish each others sentences cause of how well I understand. Hard to believe? Sure. I wouldn’t believe me if I was you reading this. It’s ok I understand.

But remember, there’s plenty of great parents who had ZERO EXPERIENCE raising kids until they had them.

Experience is incidental, not earned.

Experience is incidental, not earned.

I have thoughts, like I said earlier I don’t KNOW, and I’m willing to admit that, but that’s not going to stop me from making my points. I’m going off of what I’ve been told (by my parents), what I see and then think because of it. Whats wrong with that?

I’ve been on this site getting shit for almost 10 yrs for being brash or naive etc. Never gonna stop, the biggest mistake I could make is to underestimate myself, and I’m not going to do it here either.

So no real intention of joining a debate over daycare, but I’ll chime in with some insight. My mother has worked in the daycare industry my entire life. She started working at daycares, started a small business until she tanked the daycare with bad debt management techniques, back to daycare admin, and currently works for a local city managing their city “youth center” (daycare).

Think what’s being missed, is daycare vs non daycare isn’t really the metric that matters. You have to look at the quality of the caregiver and see which comes out on top.

The VAST majority of parents aren’t nearly as skilled at teaching and fostering a child’s development when compared to a daycare employee. Plus a ton of parents in this country are simply sacks of shit

It’s very similar to whether or not a child should be homeschooled. Is the homeschooling parent able to provide an education that gives more value than a real school? Very very rarely.

5 Likes

Mmkay… You sorta went off the deep end there, my friend…

3 Likes

Let me know which part is untrue, if you find it.

Even the good points you make are not something I’ve heard/seen from the parents I know. All I hear is daycare is insanely expensive, and I see their kids behave like shit and the parents have no control over the kids.

Telling myself now I will absolutely not be sucked in, but here goes.

Respectfully, this is patently adorable. I mean no insult when I say this, I just remember being this young before and I laugh at that version of myself. That guy was an idiot.

You absolutely do not have an education on raising kids. You have an education on being raised. Those 2 things are not the same

It’s not surprising the people whose image you were molded in would share your view. That was kinda their goal.

This does not, in any way, mean you understand. It means you have similar views and opinions. Nothing more nothing less

It’s not about it being hard to understand. It’s about you lacking a fundamental piece of knowledge.

Every parent had zero experience until they had them. Having a child is a pre requisite for knowing how to raise your child.

Of course they do. You just lack the experience to know this without asking.

It’s been a while since I’ve agreed with something less, and I’ve been in the Zep thread lately.

Again, you need to look at quality. A child’s development isn’t magically better because they share blood with the teacher.

3 Likes

I am curious, what does this mean?

It isn’t necessarily that it’s untrue. It’s that it’s not relevant…

You have parents and they agree with you. Okay, so what? They didn’t send their kid to daycare, right? Do they have any experience with a daycare? Do you?

I bet a lot of people that like daycare have parents that agree with them. Probably the strangest appeal to authority I’ve ever seen.

Mkay…

Agreed.

Again, how is this relevant at all. You know your parents so well that you can finish their sentences. Okay, I don’t mean to be a jerk, but you sound like a parrot. I thought your mom taught you to be an individual? It seems to me you’re just mimicking your parents not thinking for yourself.

That’s not intended as an insult just my interpretation of what you’ve written.

Again, relevance?

Relevance? My incidental experience is that daycare is fucking phenomenal.

Who is trying to stop you from making your points? You’ve made them. Those of us, thus far, that have kids disagree. I don’t see what the issue is.

Nothing. Who said there was something wrong with it?

You do you, man.

1 Like

Exactly. There are shit daycares. There are shit daycare teachers. There are also phenomenal centers and teachers.

1 Like

It’s essentially the same venue as school districts. Do some suck? Sure.

Are essentially all of them going to provide a better education than your average American is capable of? Abso-fuggin-lutely

2 Likes

Agreed. I was homeschooled for a year (7th grade) and I spent the vast majority of my time playing Sega Genesis. Academically, it was a complete waste of a year. I’m lucky I didn’t fall behind.

1 Like

Guy with no kids making blanket statements about how everyone should raise their kids.

tenor%20(2)

Bow out man.

3 Likes

He’s fine. He’s not wrong in thinking a stay at home parent is a good way to raise a kid. I think that’s certainly fine.

What I take issue with is the notion that it’s inherently better and that the world would be better if kids didn’t go to daycare. I think that’s completely false.

3 Likes

Smiley Face Emoji

After all, it takes a village to raise a child.

Smiley Face Emoji

1 Like

But they’re good points (in your words)… So, what’s the issue? Not all parents agree with me. That’s perfectly acceptable. I don’t expect them to.

Yes and no. We spend about $14K per kid. That’s not chump change, but it sorta is if you think about it.

It’s like $7/hour of care… Would you watch a 2-year-old for $7/hour 2,000 hours a year? ZERO fucking percentage chance I would. I’d rather work 3 jobs than do that.

The same is true for many kids that are raised at home.

It seems like you want to blame the daycare. I blame the parents. Discipline is their jobs after all.

3 Likes

A daycare is just that. A place to CARE for your kids during the day.

Some people use them to substitute raising a child, in the same way many turn to their television for the same thing.

Ultimately it’s the parents responsibility to make sure the kids isn’t a shithead, regardless of what school or daycare you send them to

4 Likes

images%20(5)

5 Likes