Trump: The Second Year

Ughhh. Why does there ALWAYS have to be a direct line to Russia…

Yup… Not a big coincidence hrs after he agrees with UK he gets the axe… Don’t need PhD in detective work to figure this out…he’s protecting his Boss our real president Mr Putin :expressionless:

I’d also argue that through political damage etc. Clinton paid much more than $130k.

If we’re counting political damage, I like to think the Evangelical voters aren’t flocking for Trump as hard these days

Everyone knew Trump was a sleaze.

Rasmussen has him at 48%. The 538 composite has him at 40.5% approval. I think voters are getting Russia/Stormy/Racist/Bafoon fatigued. Remember not all the population votes. He may not need to do better than 40% to get a 2nd term.

Show me one single evangelical type whose outward persona isn’t in response to their inner urges and I’ll show you a retarded eunuch.

He’s their hero.

3 Likes

Sure they did. But now when election season rolls back around the evangs will have to knowingly vote for a guy who paid a prostitute to sleep with him while he was married to his wife.

I’m not one of those people that genuinely believes 100% of Trump voters can’t be swayed.

In a 2 party system it’d be one helluva hail Mary to win with only 40% of the popular vote. Especially given how embarrassing his first popular vote performance was.

1 Like

They (evangelicals) aren’t going anywhere

Imo all they have to do is stay home in a non zero number.

At least from the small population of my family (rural WV), the men aren’t phased at all by this. Many of the women are.

Who knows who they end up voting for when alone in the booth. Guess time will tell

Except the same Hell they seem to relegate everyone else too…

2 Likes

Who really cares about the evangies… We all know Rebs been playing the family values/Jesus card for decades… it’s all bull they grab as much ass & bang whores just like Dems…big shocker rich powerful guys like puss :smirk:. Im just not liking he’s a traitor for the Ruskies

Saw this. Made me ponder. Does the average American care about an additional $93/paycheck or $2,418/year in take home pay? I do, but I’m weird. I’m busy trying to save, invest claw and fight my way out of the middle class trap.

The article claims that 90% of Americans will see an increase in take home pay in 2018. Is Nancy Pelosi right? Is $2,400/year “bread crumbs”.

I know there are plenty of counter arguments like “but healthcare costs”. Well there’s no more penalty if you don’t want health insurance and you’ll be able to buy low cost plans again soon.

I doubt this will save Trump and the Reps in the mid terms. But does this even move the needle with the electorate? What says the T-Nation brain trust?

hmmm I prefer Rebuplican Classic… Same great tax cuts but 25% less racist

1 Like

I mean shit, the average American dreams of one day reaching 75k. I wish the article ran comparable numbers for a more common salary range

Eh probably not. It’s still akin to a ~3% raise.

She’s probably usually referring to people closer to the average pay. For those people (iirc) the benefit is more bread crumbish

Lol. Made me chuckle with this one

2 Likes

Does the average American make 75k a year?

1 Like

Average household is like $55k. No idea why $75k was used.

*That’s roughly median household pay anyway.

Just found this:

2 Likes

Probably because most estimates were showing less effect of the tax bill the closer you get to “low income.”

I’d wager the increase per paycheck isn’t very clickbaity at 40k/yr

1 Like

@pfury @anon50325502

Well with the standard deduction doubled wouldn’t the dreaded 47% who don’t pay any net taxes still see a benefit (bigger refunds)?

We need to recruit a tax attorney to these boards lol. @countingbeans come back!

1 Like

Should have been more clear here. You can buy catastrophic low premium high deductible plans again. Which would lower your out of pocket in a healthy year. Interested to see if the states that are establishing cross border policies will actually save people money.

Sure. But given the size of the refunds, it’s essentially unnoticeable.

Anecdote. I got my SiL and husband with 2 kids and combined income of ~22k got a refund of 8800 in total this year. 3% increase brings that to ~9064. Would you notice?

1 Like