Trump: The Second Year

Most of us lol. Usually I like when I’m on the right side. I really, really hate being right in these contexts.

4 Likes

But the media is doing us all a disservice by not looking at the real issue here: Hillary’s emails. Why isn’t anyone talking about this?! SAD

3 Likes

EXACTLY. Why does nobody get this. We’ve got an active criminal like HRC on the loose, Trump now has FULL access to all of the classified intel surrounding those events, and yet he refuses to send the DoJ after her. It’s like now that he has the full unedited story, which is obviously HRC is the hellspawn of the antichrist Obama, he’s gone soft on crime.

But then again… :thinking:

4 Likes

But this isn’t promoting the general welfare, this is picking winners and losers, just like government always does.

China produces roughly 50% of the worlds aluminum, the US around 1.5%. Wouldn’t you rather free trade where cheap Chinese raw materials can be made into premium US products and sold all over the world?

Obviously a fan of Friedman, but for those of you who haven’t seen.

2 Likes

Manitowok peaked at the end of January then shit the bed and has been crashing since.

Of course it looks bad because Icahn is a high profile investor with connections to Trump, but how do you explain the rest that have been dumping it?

Don’t worry bros, these Sactions on China will force Emperor Jinping to rein in Rocket Man.

It’s just different soft power.

China should kiss our ring, not control our fate.

It always happens when something like this goes down. People in the right places know things beforehand and stand to profit. The irony is a leaky administration that allowed Icahn to know one way or another. Either Trump called it out to Icahn on accident (bad) or on purpose (worse).

That still doesn’t explain the massive dump of it by many investors a month before this story dropped. Looking at 5 year cyclical growth and drops does though.

But now that the seed has been planted, what can be said to people that would like to believe it that would convince them otherwise?

It’s not meant to explain the massive dump a month prior

Big dump last month, immediate rebound and further growth (trending). It seems weird to think last month’s dump and this week’s are caused by the same thing.

Whether or not Trump intentionally warned Icahn so he could save some coin, the information about Trump’s steel tariff HAD to come from his camp. So best case, Trump’s admin’s inability to keep their mouth’s shut AND Icahn’s inability to not abuse insider information intermingled. Worst case big Don was playin golf with him and said “might wanna dump your steel man, this dump is gonna be huuuuuuge.”

Both options don’t exactly make Trump or Icahn amazing.

Do you honestly think that this is the first time something like that has happened, or that it is even illegal?

Foreknowledge of changes in legislation are gold. And definitely something that moves markets.

Why do you think Icahn dropped about a billion dollars into oil and gas on the night of the election?

This trade and the size of it are chump change to those guys.

Isn’t that the literal definition of insider trading?

inˈˌsīdər ˈtrādiNG

Noun
the illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one’s own advantage through having access to confidential information.

1 Like

No, and yes.

An abuse being repetitive should never convince everyone it’s “normal.”

No. Its a little more complicated than that.

This is just the wiki- Insider trading - Wikipedia
and obviously a little more in depth than the google look up, but you’d actually have to be an attorney with working knowledge of the terms to really understand it.

Maybe @thunderbolt23 or @Jewbacca could clarify.

But since Trump is not an officer of Manitowok, and the information is not private material of the company, it really doesn’t look like insider trading to me, at all.

Ok. Lets bring it a little closer to home for a moment. Lets say you know someone that works for the Federal Open Markets Committee. They tell you that there is legislation being written that would give parity to crypto with the USD on all transactions world wide.

What would you do?

This is a fun game!

Lets say the Prince of Saudi Arabia will limit oil production, if you invade Iraq, while simultaneously Sanctioning Iran and Russia, dropping world oil supply and more than doubling the price of oil. What would you do?

1 Like

Sit on it. I’m not rich enough to avoid going to prison for insider trading. I really like my freedom

1 Like

Am I the only one excited for todays xanex induced poop tweets… Bring on the funny el presidente :joy::joy::joy::poop: