Trump: The Second Year

Chain migrants…duh.
:wink:

People who don’t want to work aren’t considered unemployed.

1 Like

The memo just dropped

1 Like

Not sure I’d simply yawn away potential abuses by the FBI. It’s not like illegal surveillance of an American is unprecedented and you know, coming from me, this isn’t just a partisan playing defense.

It’s essentially four pages of complaining about Steele. And Carter Page, who this memo is framed around, has been under a FISA warrant since 2014.

Considering the build up to this, I think the gif was appropriate. Also, the Steele Dossier isn’t what launched the Trump/Russia investigation.

1 Like

I’m confused?

I read it and, yes, it does appear to complain about Steele, it also appears to point out some inconsistencies/oversights in how the FISA process is supposed to work.

That is concerning to me.

That’s fine. The dems on the HIC have a memo as well but GOP members of that committee didn’t approve it for release at the same time. I imagine that will shed light on it for you.

They were REALLY betting the house that Trump would not win.

I know that arguing whether or not something is in fact a conspiracy is best left to really good attorneys, they appear to have conspired to use official channels and positions, including the FISC to execute a hatchet job on a presidential candidate and surveil a private citizen by getting a FISA warrant rubber stamped.

If my understanding of that is correct, that is really fucking bad.

That’s how it appears to me based on the memo. Granted, the FBI is saying material information is missing. I suppose we’ll see in the coming weeks. Or we won’t…

1 Like

Agreed, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t concerns.

I think there’s an almost automatic reflex to either support the memo if you’re for Trump and discredit, for lack of a better term, the memo if you’re against him.

To me, there are two different issues at play here.

1. Mueller’s investigation. 100% warranted based on the info we have.
  2. FBI’s possible abuse of the FISA process.

#2 doesn’t discredit #1, but it’s very concerning to me.

3 Likes

By whom?

Ok, that’s fair. But I think people who believe what’s in the memo are sorely underestimating what’s involved in securing a FISA warrant. FISA judges are appointed by Chief Justice John Roberts. To suggest FBI agents “pulled a fast one” on one of these judges to get a warrant on Page is absurd (not saying you said this).

Secondly, the only way the Steele Dossier would have been acceptable as the sole basis of the warrant is if information within it had been corroborated and the FBI could prove that. If that was the case, that kind of goes against Trump/Nunes’ narrative here.

Lastly, just another reminder that Page, having been known to work with Russian agents in the past who were trying to turn him, had been under FISA surveillance for two years prior to this.

1 Like

If what’s in the memo isn’t accurate, which it may not be, then that means that a previously classified memo contains outright lies and is now being used to try to undermine/discredit the FBI and intelligence community in general for political gain.

That is also pretty concerning to me…

I agree with everything else you wrote. I just think potential abuses shouldn’t be taken lightly. I’m certainly no expert on the FISA process.

2 Likes

I haven’t read the memo, but it is my understanding that it pertains to circumstances surrounding either the 3rd or 4th time the FISA warrant against Page was re-authorized. (As @Tyler23 noted above, Page has been the subject of FISA surveillance since at least 2014.) So if it was an Obama/HRC/Dem conspiracy to get Trump, you gotta admit it was exceedingly well planned, what with them implementing it in 2014 and all.

Frankly, I’m at a loss as to how anyone can take the assertions in the memo seriously. The House committee chairman (Nunes) is obviously carrying water for Trump (hence his forced recusal), and has been the entire time. (Recall he was a member of Trump’s transition team.) Further, the committee refused to share the memo in advance with the Republican chairman of the Senate Intel committee. And finally, the committee refused to allow the release of a memo written by its Democratic members. C’mon man.

It’s painfully obvious (not for nothing this scandal is called ‘stupid Watergate’) what’s going on here–a coordinated effort between Nunes and the WH to provide cover for Trump to fire Mueller’s boss, Deputy AG Rosenstein. (It’s telling that Nunes has thus far refused to answer queries regarding whether his staffers wrote the memo with the assistance of WH aides.) So, in due time Trump is going to fire him, and attempt to replace him with someone who is a member in good standing of ‘Team Trump.’ As the Senate must confirm a Deputy AG, it is at that juncture we will learn which GOP Senators are patriots, and which are craven, sniveling cowards.

1 Like

By the people that compile employment statistics. People who don’t want to work are not considered part of the labor force and thus neither count as employed or unemployed. The unemployment rate is the percentage of the labor force that doesn’t have a job.

The 150 hours WAS with 1.5 times. I guess with double pay you’d get closer to having enough hours in the day, but 10.50 an hour net 80k a year doesn’t math. Not even a little

I’m just telling you, we had a guy making like $15/hour break six figures last year. It might be rare, but it can happen.

1 Like