Trump: The Second Year

Saw an article that 77k people tried to get into that rally and camped out for tickets.

I follow political news more than I should. I have zero desire to attend a rally for anyone. That’s a lot of true believers.

I think the final tally was 6 figures. We laughed at these rallies in 2016, and look what happened there.

1 Like

I’ve seen some of this from people on Facebook. There is a legit ground swell of support from the bottom up taking place with some serious numbers showing up. Yet to be seen whether or not they show up at the polls.

It should be interesting.

1 Like

Re: my earlier sentiment. This doesn’t sound like an optimistic opposition.

Stick a fork in North Dakota.

@SkyzykS…I think they will.

If you couple the Cult-Like following that Trump has with 1) negative “Mob” Ads that would make Pelosi think twice about voting Democratic and 2) no “real” message from the DEMS (as we have discussed; “anti-Trump” is not a message); and I can see the Mid-Terms being in favor if the GOP.

(However; as @pfury always reminds me…I am NOT good @ Political predictions…)

4 Likes

I’m trying a new thing. I look at what the consensus is and say the opposite. If I get it right, I look like Nostradamus. If not? Just as wrong as normal. 0 downside.

1 Like

Me too. Lip service or not, being for something beats being against (in my book). The pro America, pro jobs, pro keep your money in your own pocket message has caught on like wildfire.

1 Like

That’s unexpected.

This was not the case for 6 years of Obama’s 8 years lol.

Buuuuut I agree. It’s hard to look bad when everyone is doing better than they were, regardless of whether or not its because of them

1 Like

I still think they take the house, but it might be a real nail biter.

I’d have to check, but I think Republicans always lead at early voting

He ran for hope and change and won twice. What am I missing?

Quite possibly. I have to admit ignorance on the subject.

I think so. But, I don’t think the NBC is liking the the size and scope of the leads. I guess Neveda is the only state where the Democrats lead so far. I mean, if there’s a blue wave, should that lead be materializing so strongly? It at least suggests there is now GoP enthusiasm.

1 Like

Bad news for Heller if so.

It also has to be stated that the GOP have a huge cash advantage going into this primary, so if they fail, it won’t be for lack of Benjamins.

A 2:1 cash on hand advantage is huge.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/22/politics/wealthy-republican-donors-fuel-cash-edge/index.html

The GOP ran a platform of “anything other than Obama” and proceeded to gain overwhelming control in Congress, including a very large majority in governorship and state legislatures.

This isn’t a presidential election, so it would make sense it wouldn’t follow the pattern that only applied to the president.

And Trump hit his highest favorability rating yet, according to a WSJ/NBC poll. Possibly a “Blue Ripple?”

Absentee ballots too with the military.