Trump: The First Year

Wow. If true, Trump truly is the casually-racist elderly uncle who everyone dreads sitting next to at Thanksgiving dinner:

2 Likes

Probably not saying anything most of his supporters donā€™t already believe.

1 Like

There was a time when every single news story didnā€™t need this caveat. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m letting nostalgia get me or if news sources write a lot more ā€œheresayā€ articles for clickbait to generate ad revenue.

I donā€™t think the NYT is a clickbait sort of outlet. I included the ā€˜if trueā€™ as a courtesy to the WH, which denies the story.

Whatā€™s really sad is we now have a President where if you hear he said that your first thought isnā€™t ā€œthat does not sound like something the President would say.ā€

1 Like

Yep, my first thought now, well heā€™s said worst in the past so more than likely he said it.

I have refrained from googling whether or not Haitian have higher rates of HIV/AIDS than muricans. Iā€™m afraid his assertion is >50% accurate. After all the sting in any rebuke is the truth. He has a way of phrasing things that just makes half of people angry and the other half roll their eyes.

I know the DR has crazy AIDS rates being a ā€œsex touristā€ destination.

Edit: couldnā€™t help myself. As of 2016 Haiti has a higher HIV/AIDS rate than the rest of the Caribbean. But the DR has more total people with HIV/AIDS.

Neither of them can touch the leading African nations. Swaziland has the highest rate with 27.2% and 220k patients. South Africa is 4th in rate with 18.9% but 7.1M patients. Jeez thatā€™s high.

What does this prove exactly? He allegedly said they all have aids. So unless the number is 100% his assertion isnā€™t accurate. So itā€™s a mind numbingly moronic thing for a sitting president to say in front or anyone.

Shocking poorer countries have more infectious diseases. And Trumps ā€œeww those peopleā€ response is the same as when he talks about any minority group.

Phrasing isnā€™t what annoys people about what he says itā€™s intelligence. Well that and the belief that the leader of the free world should have some level of self control.

Pro-tip: You donā€™t need to google how many African people live in huts to see if that phrase was racist either.

3 Likes

Estonians have a higher adult prevalence rate of HIV/AIDS than Haitians (2,2% vs. 2,1%), for example.

Also, itā€™s s game of percentages as sample sizes are vastly different - 2,1% and 2,2% Haitians and Estonians respectively is drastically different from 0,6% 'muricansā€¦

Trump socialized with the President of Estonia on the NATO summit in Warsaw - I wonder if he explained to him that ā€œthey all have AIDSā€

2 Likes

How can the assertion that ā€˜all Haitians have AIDSā€™ be 50% accurate? Itā€™s either accurate, or itā€™s not.

I believe the terms for that way of phrasing things are ā€˜wrongā€™ and ā€˜ignorantā€™ and ā€˜beneath the dignity of the office of the presidency.ā€™ I am at a loss as to why you feel a need to defend him on this score.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t defending him. It turns out Haitians do indeed have the highest rate of AIDS in the Caribbean. They are high up on the world rankings as well.

Whether Trump said it or not, thereā€™s a nugget of truth there. Just like the Mexican border sends us MS13 gand members, and a steady flow of narcotics, and everyone freaked out when he criticised illegals.

My lord how are you not getting this itā€™s slam dunk easy. All Haitians have aids is completely inaccurate. Your looking up of the numbers shows how inaccurate it is (notice how far your number is away from 100%).

Jesus if I said all people with the confederate flag are mass murderers and you said not accurate at all and I posted a picture of Dylan Roof would your response be ā€œOh I guess a nugget of truth!ā€

Not to mention the obvious sense of people with poor health care having higher rates of infectious diseases. Damn you can defend or attempt to defend Trump on a lot of things but why you are touching this and coming to a demonstrably wrong conclusion based on your own fact finding is beyond me

1 Like

You continue, inexplicably, to defend him. There is no ā€œnugget of truthā€ in the statement ā€˜all Haitians have AIDS.ā€™ None.

Now, if Trump had said to his advisors ā€˜I recall that, many years ago, the Haitian population was known to have a very high prevalence of HIV. Assuming this is still the case, are there immigration policies in place to make sure Haitian immigrants donā€™t pose a public health risk to our citizens?ā€™ that would have been a reasonable thing to say.

More people in the United States have aids than people in Haiti. 1.1 million vs.150,000 according to a google search. What if they said donā€™t let anyone from America around us cause they have way more people with Aids! I would think that is a dumb statement.

Your own link says 2.1% of Haitians. How is this close to all? Some of the reasons for this are likely poor education and lack of access to contraceptives. Two things the GOP is against in terms of funding and what they say on their billboards and platform. Also shitty health care helps. Which is also something Republicans try attacking.

Of all the things to back the President on this statement and the go back to their huts one are not ones I would touch. Though I look forward to the continued mental gymnastics of trying to make him look right on this.

All of the ones that have AIDS do.

On the other hand, all of the ones that donā€™t have it, donā€™t. Thats like 100%.

Its a matter of sets.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2.1% is fake news. All Haitians have aids. Liberal media not reporting that the entire country came to my inauguration. Morning Joe not talking about Africans in huts. John McCain got captured like a little bitch. Arnoldā€™s ratings suck and mine were better. If Ivanka wasnā€™t my daughter I would totally grab her by the pussy!

I bag on Trump too much he is probably the first President to be suffering from Touretteā€™s.

What? This is an example of what tribalism can do to the human brain.

Iā€™m sure the defense will include a reference to Obama or Hillary.

Triggered.

I donā€™t think that word means what you think it means.