Trump: The First Year

Polonium 210.

1 Like

I really dont think people would be so crazed if Bush or some other dude won. Trumps just a nut bag.

1 Like

Well you had a bunch of people upset when Obama won. They were upset that a man who launched his career at a Bill Ayers’ party and went to Jerimiah Wright’s church for 20 years now had the run of the Patriot act. These same people had no problem when the Reps passed the Patriot act.

1 Like

Poop tweets off the heezy 4 sheezy this weekend
 Looking forward to beastmode response haha

So Net Neutrality is back in the spotlight. Initially their plan was to vote on this the day before Thanksgiving, hoping to pass its repeal when a lot of people wouldn’t be paying attention. The dismantling of anything Obama continues:

The proposal, put forward by the F.C.C. chairman, Ajit Pai, is a sweeping repeal of rules put in place by the Obama administration. The rules prohibited high-speed internet service providers from blocking or slowing down the delivery of websites, or charging extra fees for the best quality of streaming and other internet services for their subscribers. Those limits are central to the concept called net neutrality.

Edit: Almost forgot:

1 Like

That will literally kill the internet as we know it. I can’t fathom why anyone except the likes of Comcast would be for it. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNGlrABUIAAr9RO?format=jpg

1 Like

I knew your link was going to be referencing Portugal before I clicked it. Exactly right.

1 Like

Yes, but Portugal is skirting EU wide net neutrality regulation with aggressive local loopholes and that is a very, very mild version of what’s in store.

The possibilities are endless, because they would be switching from a “pay for access” scheme to the good old “pay for product access” raking in untold billions while killing hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Wouldn’t this be the antithesis of a free market in internet terms ?

Considering most ISPs in the US are monopolies or duopolies, it absolutely is the antithesis of the free market. I have one choice: Comcast. Comcast owns NBC. There’ll be nothing stopping them from charging more, or even prohibiting me, from visiting their competitors sites or using their apps. There’s probably a hundred other ways they’ll be able to hit me in the pocketbook.

It’s pretty clear Trump doesn’t listen to the citizens (there was no mention of the 22 million comments filed with the FCC in support of keeping NN in their announcement today), but maybe Assange can get through to him:

In other Trump news you guys see the LaVar Ball interview
 O man he threw chum in the water and Trump ate it up like a shark with munchies
 Yall know it was just a media stunt to gain more exposure. Dudes not dumb
but the cnn Cuomo vs Ball interview was great
 Get yur popcorn ready

Fyi next day Trump kicks out Haitians
not really sure why prolly cuz there black and he cant kick out Ball
hoping beastmode tweets more
 Im actually enjoying this Trump presidency
might vote him 2020 so I can keep the show

I’m always so confused at how republicans can pretend like they want (or even care about) a free market after reminding the world that the ISP industry completely owns them.

1 Like

hahaha just reading some of it now. Wow, truly amazing. Good thing he is homeschooling his kids because those are some wise words.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/21/politics/lavar-ball-chris-cuomo-amazing-lines/index.html

2 Likes

Here’s Trump’s tirade from this morning:

Is there no bait the POTUS won’t rise to take?

3 Likes

Does he realize he has his own clothing line and other business ventures? Its obvious just stirring pot for free press. What a nimrod
He hates LB do much hes helping him get richer #dotard

lolololol

The Haitians overstayed their Visas, by alot. They kept getting extended. One of Trump’s platform planks was controlling immigration and enforcing existing laws. It’s a rare moment of clarity where the actions match the promises.

He really is like a freakin brook trout.

4 Likes

LaVar Ball in 2020!

His dumb is strong!

1 Like

That might have something to do with the fact that their country was leveled by an earthquake, and remains in no condition to support their repatriation.

Myopia is not clarity.