Trump: The First Year

@ActivitiesGuy promotes NAFTA! and to prove it he’ll be serving Molson and Dos Equis with those burgers.

2 Likes

Fake News! All burgers will be made with local beef and all beers will be American made craft brews!

MAKE AMERICA GRILL AGAIN!

3 Likes

It might be hard to find people to grill on election days so we will use those foreign workers trump just hired. How about an I voted sticker gets someone 20 dollars off at a bar or something? At least people can get drunk at a discount while watching the fact that Trump or Hilary is about to win

Have you become familiar with Cheplics yet?

The 18th congressional district is up for grabs. Meats from there, buns from Mancinis, and cake from Bethel bakery (don’t do a mitt romney!) and it would be a landslide.

The only free trade I’m concerned with is if I can switch out my fries for coleslaw. I hate upcharges on my sides. And why do they put fries and cheese on freakin EVERYTHING around here?!?

End Upcharges on Sides!

2 Likes

Unreal. We appreciate when people learn English but this horrific culture of switching out fries for coleslaw has to stop. Keep that in whatever weirdo land you’re from.

You’re probably not even obese. Assimilate or get on the other side of the wall!

6 Likes

You would actually like it here.

Only place in the world where you can get a sandwich that contains both.

Preach brother. Primanti’s is the only coleslaw I actually like.

Since @H_factor doesn’t know of the land where the coleslaw and fries live (only briefly) in peace and harmony-

2 Likes

I’ll be your campaign manager.

Ok now I want to be an immigrant.

The burgh has been voted America’s most livable city a few times. Just won best US City to retire in through some magazine. Mid level salaries and dirt cheap real estate that seems insulated from the swings other cities get. So it’s not all bad. We’ve got a big influx of hipsters though.

Shhhhhhhh - I don’t want people to know this.

(Sidebar, maybe worth its own thread if anyone’s up for it: would it be a net positive or negative for Pittsburgh, or any city, to “win” the bid for Amazon HQ2?)

1 Like

Point of order: If you’re putting your ‘sides’ on the sammich, they ain’t sides–they’re just weird toppings, like pineapple on a pizza, or lime on a beer.

Edit to say I visited P’burgh back in 1987. Very pleasant city. People nice, but talk funny. Was dating a girl from the area (don’t remember exactly where she was from, but the name ended in ‘Township’ if that helps).

3 Likes

I had pineapple on a jerk chicken sandwich the other day, amazeballs.

1 Like

I think you are correct, but I’d have to double check.

This, of course, is the worst possible scenario for the country. I think the two houses as things are is Rep’s in control of the house, and Dems in control of the Senate. (Obviously I’d like to avoid super majority in either, but as long as they are split, it should be okay.)

This is based on the fact R’s seem to fracture from each other more often than D’s do, and are the only party to at least entertain “spending cuts.” (Not that they ever actually cut spending when they have enough power, but they are sure good at it when a D is POTUS.) So with R’s in control of the purse, we’re better of, as it is the only practical way we really have of possibly slowing spending growth.

I think we’re better off with a D controlled Senate because A) I want a R controlled house and B) D’s seems much more likey to not fracture amongst themselves, so this should make compromising and getting legislation passed a smoother process. D’s in recent history also are much less likely to be total idiots on social policy (however this may be changing, but as of right now, we’re still good to go.)

So for 2018 to see R’s gain in the senate and lose the house… I think would be a bad thing, overall, for the country, not just because “my team has to win”. R’s play lip service to “sane fiscal policy”, while they generally fail to deliver, a broken clock is right twice a day, so they should be in control of spending. D’s pay lip service to “helping the common man”, while they generally fail to deliver, a broken clock is right twice a day, so they should control the senate, which is where legislation is supposed to be improved.

SO to switch, just like the R’s spent a stupid amount of time “repealing the ACA” while Obama was POTUS, you’ll have the house focused on “impeachment” every fucking day for two years… Great for the base, bad for the country.

This killed the R’s in 2012, and got them trump in 2016. Can you please continue to mention this in the hopes this dumpster fire can be put out?

Oh, sure, that narrows it down…

http://apps.alleghenycounty.us/website/munimap.asp

2 Likes

If it’ll help narrow it down further, her township was hilly, and chilly in the Fall. Everyone there seemed to be a Stillers fan, and hated the Cleveland Browns.

There, that should be all the info you need.

3 Likes

Bean’s.

Intriguing thoughts, that I really Like. (Actually, VERY thought provoking and insightful, my Friend!)

For anyone who likes to always “Shout and Praise” the Founders (which they rightfully deserve)…one should NEVER want both houses controlled by one side or the other.

IMO; that would be counter to what the Founders actually envisioned

1 Like

Thanks man.

I mean outside of practical considerations I outlined, I also have a feeling the Red House Blue Senate split helps keep a more healthy balance between the Blue Urban and Red Rural issues we face as a nation. (I don’t like the “costal elite vs fly over country” comparison as much.)

Living close enough to NY state I see it pretty plainly and MA has the problem to. The cities are so dominantly Blue, every single person in 99% of the rest of a rather large state could be red and it’s irrelevant. This puts a minority of citizens at a significant disadvantage and extremely under represented. Quite frankly, they are totally ignored. So any state level legislation is NYC focused, even if it hurts hundreds of thousands of other people who live and work in the state. As long as it helps Manhattan, it’s getting through.

We can’t have that as a nation and expect any sort of hope we come together in any way, shape or form. People live very different lives and they all matter.

The Senate is based on state popular vote, so you’ll rarely see a R Senator in CA, NY or MA. (Works the same in “red” states too obvi) So the only hope upstate people in NY have of federal representation is the House, and if Republicans lose the house… Well these people are super fucked, you know?

Again, the parties need churn out quality candidates first and foremost, and I’m not saying we start weighting votes or anything, but I’m just giving thoughts on why I think the split I outlined is best for everyone.

1 Like