Trump: The First Year

When I say base I mean his hardcore support not everyone who voted for him.

Trump wouldn’t have won on a slash and burn entitlement approach because regardless of who wins the government isn’t getting smaller

That makes no sense, it’s incoherent- but you’re right that he wouldn’t have won. The Reagan Democrats that delivered his victory wouldn’t have pulled the lever for him.

Taking inventory so far…Trump appoints a conservative to the SC. He lays down some Tomahawk missiles in Syria. MOAB’s in Afghanistan killing 16 Isis leaders…pushing for lowered tax rates. And now he wants to cut entitlements.

As I have been saying for oh so very long…when someone is elected by a party he will then govern with the party philosophy.

This is easy stuff and those of you who are lost need only look to history for your answers.

Edit: So easy for the novice to get all caught up in politics of personality…Pfft…

Another Trump betrayal

Not to sound argumentative, but so far his “accomplishments” in your list is the SCOTUS appointee. The Syria thing is a backtrack, pushing for lowered tax rates is useless unless it’s actually accomplished, ditto on cutting entitlements.

I don’t think anyone was going to argue with Trump will bring a conservative SCOTUS, cut taxes, and cut entitlements. It wasn’t all that hard to predict. In fact, tens of millions of people predicted it.

My point was to demonstrate that Trump is acting like any other republican would.

I agree but it was really hard to predict for a couple of the T Nation PWI regulars…I will leave it at that.

I think he’s strayed more than far enough from the traditional republican, both in his campaign and his term to date, to validate that he’s not a “traditional republican.” I mean shit, half the reason he beat 16 other candidates that were twice as qualified for the job is BECAUSE he’s not a traditional republican.

One day you’ll have to accept that your prediction of Trump winning wasn’t based in math. You had a roughly 50% chance of being right, and you were right. It means you won the coin toss, not that everyone else was using a dirty crystal ball and you weren’t.

If Trump hadn’t gotten obliterated in the popular vote I’d be more inclined to agree with you.

Another secret source

Thanks for your thoughts. I am not quite sure I agree, except of course that I don’t expect any domestic changes in SA.

I personally feel that the move towards a more moderate leadership in Iran is a good thing for us, but the region is messed up beyond belief so opinions are of course going to vary.

I kind of agree lol.

Definitely. I am scared to even hope though lol. We all know Congress won’t even think about seeing this through but it will be a decent gesture…i hope

The Saudis aren’t giving military hardware to terrorists unlike Iran’s arming of Hezbollah and Houthi rebels.

I’ll just leave this here

Umm…AQ, JaT, ISIS? And of course that whole 9/11 thing…

EDIT: Houthis are a bunch of nasty, backward, dirt poor redneck tribesmen with their weird heretic shia religion living in one of the poorest and most inhospitable places in the world. For all of their nastiness, they’re roughly average by Middle Eastern sectarian standards.

Currently, the have the dubious honor of being subjected both to an aerial bombing campaign by Gulf sunni states SA, UAE, Qatar while suffering from ISIS suicide attacks.

If the US expands its role against the Houthis, the US and ISIS will be fighting on the same side which beggars belief.

2 Likes

I’m not denying that SA hasn’t given material support to Salafists but Hezbollah is (thanks to Iran) a conventional army with advanced(relatively) missile technology.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Note the distinction: material support - ie, money, safe houses etc and military hardware - ie, missile technology etc

Salafis - ISIS and AQ and all other assorted Saudi-funded terrorists present an existential threat to the Western way of life (see Manchester).

Hezbollah, while being a despicable terrorist organization, is currently engaged in costly conventional fighting with the Sunnites in Syria and will not be blowing themselves up among groups of kids in the UK.

Not for any moral reasons but because their bosses in Tehran want rapprochement with the West. For the Iranian regime, Hezbollah terrorism was/is used as an extension of their geopolitical goals.

It’s the Salafis who want to destroy the Western way of life.

1 Like

But we’re not arming terrorists. We’re arming the Saudi military. The Saudis are not passing on military hardware to terrorists.

Al Qaeda, JaT/JaF and al-Nusra would disagree with this statement.

That says rebels. Not necessarily al Nusrah.

^^^^