Trump: The First Year

And since the courts aren’t infallible on guessing intent correctly, I stand by my view.

Without further language to limit the word “everybody,” that would cause understandble confusion, I think you could probably just fall back to how it’s defined.

eve·ry·bod·y
ˈevrēˌbädē,ˈevrēˌbədē/Submit
pronoun
every person.

To quote a wise man, phrasing is important.

1 Like

Wait your from Boston and not a pats fan?
Yes Jets and skins was a kid in NY then moved to DC so Im jets & skins…live in KC now so root Chiefs too but born & raised Jets…its a tough life but being white and rich helps take the sting off

No I am… I’m just not really a “fan” in a general sense anymore. Def route for the Pats (and Giants when they play everyone but the Pats) and Sox.

Agreed. That was a really round about way and a ton of effort to finally agree that ED was full of shit.

Enjoy.

While I don’t care to pursue, I’ll go on record here rq to say my stance is the opposite.

You too. Have a good’un.

1 Like

So you’re wrong too then.

Okay.

1 Like

For real though… If you have anyone’s email that ight have mine and need help with your returns let me know.

I’m only going to discuss certain things in public lol.

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate it. The wife’s a tax accountant and deals with partnership passthrough a lot and she’ll help us on our personal returns (She’ll just do ours, lol). She just doesn’t deal with sales tax much and I don’t like to bother her with tax questions anyway. She gets them a lot (as I’m sure you do, lol!).

np

I’d have a hard time arguing you don’t have nexus in the states you have members and sales, which puts the LLC into filing in those states at the very least.

She should answer your questions lol, you two are married. She expects you to wipe her butt if she every ends up needing it, the least she can do is answer a tax question. (I genuinely enjoy what I do so I don’t mind.)

Ya, that is what I was thinking too.

Lol, she would for sure. She’s got a lot on her plate right now, though, so I don’t like to bother her.

:thinking:

Agreed. A market economy works great for demand and supply, but in a case of desperation and supply, it doesn’t work as intended.

We’ve reached a baseline of treatment for sickness and injury through scientific advacements that makes supply of said treatment subject to pure consumer choice a bad idea, even immoral.

In libertopia, there’s nothing stopping heart surgeons in a 25 mile radius area from setting the price for bypass surgery at $10 million. No thanks.

2 Likes

Oh come on now doctors will work for next to nothing and without the burden of taxation everyone will help everyone else pay for this. Anarchy would be so great if it wasn’t for all these people against it

1 Like

About ELEVEN percent of Americans identify themselves as Libertarians. Eleven. Imagining that we’d all be in a better place if we could just get those people to see that we need more government? The libertopia builder are really f - ing the country up, man. Jerks, without normal human emotion.

And certainly…

…to describe libertarians as synonymous with anarchists is ridiculous. There’s a percentage of Libertarians who just want to smoke weed and be left alone. If they’re in your way, then… Maybe you should have new goals.

Most of us just care about the people who are sticking our kids with an astronomic national debt. If that makes us immoral? I’m OK with that.

2 Likes

That’s a damn good point. There’s really no way I can argue with that. In “libertopia,” surgeons would certainly be prohibited from charging less than 10 million dollars for a bypass. Yes, that would truly be a libertarian society. I guess the existing surgeons would use force to ensure that no one came in and charged $9,999,999.

We all know service providers will always price themselves out of the market if left alone. I wonder whether medical care gets cheaper, or more expensive, with each additional regulation.

Is it that high? :wink:

I use “libertopia” as shorthand for the unregulated, free market fantasyland that is offered up us a panacea to all our woes. Markets can be great - I’d love to see more market powers in the world of pharmaceuticals, for example - but health care is different.

1 Like

They wouldn’t need to - people experiencing heart attacks don’t shop around for the best price. They go to the closest health care provider and show up with no leverage to negotiate price.

2 Likes

How do they ensure people don’t get transported to the cheapest provider? I’m not following. Your scenario involved a 25-mile radius, if I’m not mistaken. I’m pretty sure some people travel farther than that for emergency care.

Im curious how the new Trump care efx me. Im on ACA and im healthy. Discount city i hope. If not in 2yrs when it sinks like a lead turd Ill get the Gov option. Sounds like a win win for HH dont see the problem.

Free-market healthcare: Your child is bleeding out from an accident. You take him to the ER. The doc says he’d be happy to save your kid’s life–that is, if you’ll sign this paper transferring the deed of your home over to him. Of course, you’re welcome to shop around for a better deal, but your kid will be dead before you can get him back to the car. Whatcha gonna do, Ms. Rand?

4 Likes