Trump: The First Year

As a witness? No, unimpeachable. As a law officer, I think he has had myriad failures, and his own testimony vindicates me.

As I am you are aware ED, I am not a Trumpkin. But I think Coney beclowned himself On that Tarmac and twice subsequently twice as the election went on.

What did Comey do on a tarmac? I think you have him mixed up with the AG.

FBIā€™m with herā€¦

Busted out hearing that

His testimony indicating he no longer believes the DOJ could close the case, for one.

My bad for mixing the events.

I bet he doesnt pledge any of his friends money to Puerto Rico after Irmaā€¦ He prolly doesnt even know they are citizensā€¦

2 Likes

Probably thinks theyā€™re Mexican.

1 Like

Well, Republicans, youā€™ll always have Niel Gorsuch.

3 Likes

Itā€™s 4D chess, brah, youā€™ll see.

5 Likes

If we know anything about Trump sticking to his promises, Democrats might be celebrating a bit early.

Edit: Found this article, and laughed at the Hillary tweet at the end. If all the discussion about policy goes in the wrong direction, throw in a Crooked Hillary comment because thatā€™s always a winner.

1 Like

Shumer and Pelosi have been at this game a LOT longer than Trump.

It is highly unlikely that they ā€œjumped the gunā€ or made a premature announcement without some knowledge of the Long Game.

Those two knew exactly what they were doing.

Serious question: Regardless of which side won, is this deal good, bad or indifferent for the country at large? Iā€™ve never believed that Trump was a ā€œrealā€ Republican, and I had this very faint glimmer of hope that this might lead to some form of weird, even if itā€™s accidental, form of bipartisanship.

At least Trump did okay on the hurricanes. I think heā€™d be great focusing on one project at a time like that. Promote Pence to President and let Trump manage the reconstruction efforts.

Heā€™s just not a big picture kind of guy.

In my view? Very good.

1. Itā€™s good policy. We need DACA - in no universe should we deport these kids who are, as Democrats like to say, Americans in every way except on paper.

2. A DACA statute gets rid of the constitutional abomination of the Obama executive order. We donā€™t need such a precedent - that the president can suspend the applicability of a law to an entire class of people and confer new benefits on them by executive order - on the books for any president to consider using, and especially the current one.

3. The bipartisanship is great. Iā€™m ready for some adults in the room to start working together to get things done. Itā€™s been overdue for over eight years.

2 Likes

Well, I shudder a little at Nancy Pelosi being THE adult, but I agree with your sentiment.

You and me both. Maybe at her age and the fact that sheā€™s presided over catastrophic losses in her House, sheā€™s decided to take her shot at working with a Republican president.

1 Like

Trump trying to score some political points after an attack in London. I am amused by the irony of him calling his policy ā€œthe travel banā€ while legally saying its not a ban. We also need to ā€œcut offā€ the internet. Can somebody keep the toddler away from twitter?

2 Likes

I donā€™t even know where really to drop this and if itā€™s already here my apologies. I think itā€™s important to put it out. But this doesnā€™t look goodā€¦

Haha. So they were surveiling Trumpā€™s peopleā€¦ But they can deny which wires were tapped. Okay.

ā€œThe President himself fueled the speculation when in March he used his Twitter account to accuse former President Barack Obama of having his ā€œwires tappedā€ in Trump Tower.
The Justice Department and the FBI have denied that Trumpā€™s own ā€œwiresā€ were tapped.
While Manafort has a residence in Trump Tower, itā€™s unclear whether FBI surveillance of him took place there.ā€

Also interesting to note that Podestaā€™s people and Manafortā€™s people were both working with the former Ukrainian president in 2014. Manafort got surveiled, I wonder if they surveiled Podesta too? They couldnā€™t charge anyone of 3 seperate companies with that investigation. So both sides are working with Russiaā€¦? Tin foil hat time: #uniparty #deepstate !

1 Like

Yeah, I thought the same thingā€¦Keep in mind the source too. Itā€™s CNN, if there was any plausible deniability there is no way they would print this story.

1 Like

Iā€™m not 100% on the timeline, but didnā€™t Manafort retroactively register as a foreign agent?

If that time period starts before the wire tapping, doesnā€™t that mean we were tapping a foreign agent??? But that means the surveillance wasnā€™t correct as we werenā€™t aware he was a foreign agent at the time. So without that surveillance, nobody ever finds enough dirt to force Manafort to retroactively register as a foreign agent, which goes back to making the surveillance valid???

This is the same reason you donā€™t fuck with timelines in movies. Has back to the future taught us nothing?

Yup. Iā€™m there.

3 Likes