Trump: The First Year

Yet.

Imo the subsidies are the start of what will be a very long painful process. In no way is this ever going to be an overnight thing, and is probably going to take a generation or 2 for us to get right. Such is the way of humans fucking shit up.

Personally I’m 100% down for getting rid of all govt subsidies, but that cripples big oil in such a way that they’d just lobby them back into existence.

Edit: Like anything of importance with the human race, it’s all about the long game.

1 Like

NATO, China as a currency manipulator, his plan to wipe out ISIS, health care for all, and a million others. He promised so much and so many of his promises directly contradicted early promises that it would be impossible to quantify any of this.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

Also Trump lies even when it makes no sense. See the Boy Scouts call, Mexico call, inauguration numbers, etc. All politicians distort the truth but Trump seems be on a whole other level. And if no one in America can fix health care why did Trumps party run for the last 8 years saying we will fix health care if you put us in charge?

At least he doesn’t look at the eclipse without protective eyewear… more than once.

Lol

5 Likes

Ten is my over-under re: the number of pts who will present to my clinic with solar retinopathy over the next couple of weeks.

4 Likes

I thought as long as you had the protective eyewear on you you would be ok? Is that incorrect? I left them in my pocket while looking the whole day!

1 Like

My wife was so convinced that LOOKING at the eclipse had a chance of blinding you that I was able to have a coworker of mine call her today and tell her I was having some momentary blindness, but that the 911 operator told us he’d be fine. (we’re fighting)

Lesson learned. Fury found the prank line. Not worth.

3 Likes

I’ll take the over for $5.

2 Likes

Oh good Lord.

2 Likes

That video is priceless. I love how he looks and everyone screams don’t look and then he pulls out the glasses like “duh I already know you’re not supposed to look at it without these.”

2 Likes

We need that crowd every time he’s about to tweet.

I really enjoyed that video haha especially the fact that he got the same shitty fitting cardboard glasses as the rest of us, not sure why I get such a kick out of that, but boy do I ever haha

Are Melanias Versace ?

If they weren’t, they transformed the moment they hit her face.

Who here works in commercial construction/land development? Now, who of those folks thinks that “building a great wall” along the entire southern border is remotley feasible?

And our president promises to shutdown the government till the wall gets funded?

There are several, already existing border barriers that are longer than that built in modern times. Branch out from CNN.

Kinda only adds fuel to the fire with how Trump managed to shit the bed with the wall as well don’t ya think?

MAGA? He can’t even copy other people’s walls. Jeez

Lol. I, and Trump, said wall. Not fence.

Please, give me an example of a first world, modern day example. The permitting, and engineering alone is billions upon billions. Then you deal with unforseen soil issues, wildlife and environmental, property rights, international agreements etc.

I’m guessing you don’t work in a related industry?

A fair point. Should have stuck with tacky hotels. Stay in your lane.

I have an idea.

Executive order 1: Legalize pot.
Executive order 2: Nonviolent MJ offenders can get a pardon in exchange for 6 months of work on the wall.

Millions of day laborers, just feed and clothe them. Call it the “Stoners to stone masons” program. Mobilize the reserves to help them build it. Done.

And not just any wall–a “big, beautiful wall.”