Trump: The First Year

Yeah you’re as original as you are smart

1 Like

I do see a greater good far beyond immediate political benefit. But, many times that greater good is begun through politics. Where did Social Security, welfare, food stamps, tax breaks, the family and medical leave act (1993) and so much more come from? Politics!

Some people live in a black and white world but the rest of us understand that there are shades of grey.

You didn’t answer my question but you have no obligation to do so. No problem.

And I don’t think you fully understood my answer. I will try again. If Obama was a stronger leader our enemies would not have felt so emboldened to constantly push the envelope thus we would not have had to send massive numbers of troops etc.

Raj, I hate to break this to you but IQ is only one thing…ONE THING that matters regarding a persons eventual success or failure> Take it from a guy who has given a standard IQ test to all employees for the past 24 years. I have had some score into the 160’s and they are complete failures. Some of the super high IQ folks multi-task and seem unable to focus on one thing. And I’ve had many in the 100-110 range who are super achievers. Don’t put all your eggs in the IQ basket, it’s a bad idea.

There are plenty of things involved in success Raj. IQ is certainly one of them, but EQ is another.

This has been discussed ad nauseam on your other thread I don’t want to rehash any of it here. But at this point it seems that you have this IQ agenda and you won’t let it go. Why don’t you give it a break for a while?

It almost seems like it would be a better fit in the “Off Topic” section.

1 Like

If you’ve been giving iq tests to your employees then you have been breaking the law

This response - which absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about - confirms you really have no idea. None of these things has anything to do with certain principles that transcend partisan policy victories. At least now I know what the problem is now.

I see the problem as well…you are being argumentative–WOW…didn’t see that coming Ha!

This is what you said:

Basic political benefit translates into government legislation. See the transition there? Understand it?

To further explain “basic political benefit” as you put it might mean your candidate winning. The greater good BEYOND politics can be many things one might be legislation that either helps or hinders the population…there are other examples. But the point is the same.

Wow. I get it now. No, things that transcend politics - like the importance of separation of powers -
have nothing to do with a candidate winning. In fact, it’s the exact opposite - it’s an important principle to uphold regardless of whether a Democrat or Republican wins. That’s the point - it transcends partisan politics.

You have no clue what I’m talking about on this point. It explains a lot.

We are having a political discussion. No where in your previous posts did you mention “separation of powers”, or anything else even remotely related. I assumed we were basing our discussion on political power and what such power can mean for the populace. You now tell me that is not the case.

Odd…

Suddenly we are now onto a different discussion?. I answered your query precisely. Now you are claiming that you meant more in that question than you originally alluded to. Perhaps you wanted to state something in your question that you did not get around to articulating but you were thinking. If you had that would most assuredly lead to a different answer. But, I’m not a mind reader. I interpreted your question as anyone on a political discussion board would.

If you say that I simply misinterpreted it then I guess the onus is on you to be more clear when attempting to ask such a question.

Incorrect - separation of powers was an example, as was my example of misuse of executive orders. These are merely examples of the larger issue, on which you don’t appear to have any knowledge.[quote=“zeb1, post:289, topic:229190”]
If you say that I simply misinterpreted it then I guess the onus is on you to be more clear when attempting to ask such a question.
[/quote]

The issue is - and always has been, as I raised in my intital posts - your lack of ability to understand standards independent of politics. Obama can abuse EOs and it’s bad, but Trump can abuse EOs and it’s perfectly fine with you as long as the abuse leads to conservative policy outcome you like. And you’re fine with it and see no problem while most people understand that the abuse of EOs is bad regardless of who abused them, because the abuse itself is the problem, even if they otherwise were ok with the policy ends achieved by the abuse.

Like I said, this is eye-opening. It’s clear you haven’t spent any time considering this stuff.

Zeb you are probably conflating job specific testing and general intelligence testing. The former is common while the latter is illegal

Is IQ testing illegal to do at all, or illegal to make mandatory? I worked at a McDonalds in high school that offered (what they were advertising) as a free, voluntary IQ test. Guess it’s possible they were just disguising an aptitude test as an IQ test to be fair.

If Trump reverses bad EO’s is that a bad thing?

I’ve spent many more years “thinking about this stuff” than you can imagine that we may disagree is not my problem.

Good Lord - what does reversing EOs have to do with what I wrote? With every response, you prove you don’t have any sense of what I’m talking about.[quote=“zeb1, post:293, topic:229190”]
I’ve spent many more years “thinking about this stuff” than you can imagine that we may disagree is not my problem.
[/quote]

Actually, it’s patently obvious to me - you haven’t. Its never been more clear.

Testing that’s not specific to the job was made illegal in 1971 because it was deemed discriminatory towards African Americans

1 Like

It was your example.

Great, have a good night.

Remember how I said the future of the right is nationalism in some form?

Surprisingly well. The Tet offensive was the last ditch effort of the north. If we’d pushed on we could have finished them. But morale was undermined on the Homefront by the left.

2 Likes

Since we are on a workout site, this is Trumps mentality about exercise.

3 Likes

You realise the people you’ve been championing would refer to you as a “mud skin” right?