Trump: The First Year

It was actually a subtle slam against the Obama administration for not doing enough. I thought it was pretty clear but I guess not. Many times the written word fails to communicate attitude.

I will say if nation building is possible, it is with a population with an average iq in the triple digits

So would you have been in favor of Obama spending more time/money/lives to fight a global problem or are you saying they didnā€™t do enough with what they had?

Not talking about ā€œnation buildingā€. Iā€™m talking about nation squashing ā€¦under the right circumstances.

Thatā€™s the natural next step. Canā€™t have one without the other

I would have been in favor of Obama gaining respect and fear from our enemies. Intervening at the proper times in certain circumstances that called for it. For example, calling Isis the ā€œJV teamā€ was a horrendous mistake. He should have been far more aggressive with them BEFORE they gained their sick little following (60,000 strong now?). Be vigilant and act like a President, not a laid back, chilled out Professor. There are many examples where the US should have acted and didnā€™t. There are other examples where he acted and shouldnā€™t have. Iraq for example, not only did we pull out too soon we actually told our enemies when we were going to pull out. This then helped create more terrorism. Does it ever help to let the enemy know what you are going to do in advance?

Lookā€¦I am not going to make a long list of Obamaā€™s foreign policy failures as it might give a couple of posters anxiety attacksā€“Ha. Suffice it to say that ā€¦umā€¦I want to put this delicately. Obama was not a good foreign policy President. The history is only too clear on that point.

Okay Raj give it to me straight, are the Koreans IQ 's too low?

Be careful nowā€¦

No the opposite, High enough that a western style democracy can blossom. Theyā€™re genetically identical to South Koreans which is a whopping 106!

Iā€™m not talking about policy differences - Iā€™m talking about standards in conduct and behavior.

Now, I understand the problem - you simply struggle to understand what standards in conduct and behavior even are.

Example: Democratic President uses constitutionally dubious executive order to create a liberal policy, and a Republican President uses a constitutionally dubious executive order to create a conservative policy.

Zeb says the Democratic President was bad and wrong to do that, but the Republican President was ok and good - why? Because a conservative policy was advanced!

Wrong answer. Both Presidents were wrong, because the real wrong was the fact that both of them used power they didnā€™t have, and thatā€™s a bigger problem than whether a policy you like it didnā€™t like got created.

This is the kind of stuff Iā€™m talking about - standards in conduct and behavior, double standards (ā€œwhen you do it, itā€™s ā€˜Hateā€™, when I do it, itā€™s notā€). It appears you donā€™t understand these kinds of issues.

1 Like

Hereā€™s where you start getting insulting and itā€™s really not needed.

Obviously, I am not in favor of any politician using dubious means. But to add to your little scenario. When the conservative does it at least I benefitted. And if the conservative did it to undo what the liberal did it makes just a bit more sense, no? Either way, I can appreciate the benefit while still not admiring the methods. Do you understand the shades of grey in politics? There is black and whiteā€¦but

Question for you: Do politicians on both sides abuse their power on occasion? Do they ever lie to reach an end that could not have been reached otherwise? And my follow up is how does that make you feel if and when it occurs?

Itā€™s not an insult- itā€™s merely a recognition that you struggle to see a greater good beyond basic political benefit. And thatā€™s been a source of confusion in our exchanges - I assume every person, liberal or conservative or otherwise, appreciates that concept.[quote=ā€œzeb1, post:270, topic:229190ā€]
Obviously, I am not in favor of any politician using dubious means. But to add to your little scenario. When the conservative does it at least I benefitted. And if the conservative did it to undo what the liberal did it makes just a bit more sense, no? Either way, I can appreciate the benefit while still not admiring the methods. Do you understand the shades of grey in politics? There is black and whiteā€¦but
[/quote]

This illustrates my point above perfectly. [quote=ā€œzeb1, post:270, topic:229190ā€]
And my follow up is how does that make you feel if and when it occurs?
[/quote]

As you can see from my posts, I criticize without regard to party or partisanship in there kinds of matters.

This is such a god mode example of why IQ is useless in determining comparability with cultures. N Korea and S Korea residents are genetically identical yet one is a culture of repressed backwater ā€œrevere our leader as a Godā€ while the other is a thriving country.

I get all of that, but itā€™s in no way what I was asking. Iā€™m asking if you would have been in favor of Obama spending more lives/time/money than he did OR if you think he spent an appropriate amount and he didnā€™t accomplish enough with what he had to work with.

No its not. I have no idea how you made that conclusion.

Try actually studying some of the actual science behind iq

Your argument has been, time and time again, that IQ is the best objective indicator of social/cultural compatibility. If N Korea and S Korea are genetically identical, and by your logic, have the same average IQ, wouldnā€™t they both be equally compatible with America?

Yes and? A society of smart people can be controlled by a an evil ruling class.

The Nazis who stood trial were given iq tests and they all scored extremely high

And if theyā€™re controlled by an evil ruling class, they are no longer compatible with other cultures, right? So your environment can and does overrule any potential IQ in regards to culture compatibility?

I have no clue what this means.

Only high iq people can succeed in a high iq society. Other than that Iā€™m not sure what to say

Guess your IQ just isnā€™t high enough to get it.

6 Likes

this has been used by activities guy probably 5 times previously.

Try to be the least bit creative next time

If itā€™s been used 5 times you should really have it figured out by now. Might do well with some more IQ

2 Likes