Trump: The First 100 Days

I made a bit too much sense for you I understand.

Go talk to your cat it can’t talk back.

1 Like

You have to follow along a bit better. If President “A” did something and President “B” did the same thing it seems to me that regardless of party affiliation there could be some agreement as to the similarities. Not unreasonable to anyone but the wacky left and of course you…and you are being unreasonable for other reasons.

As I said above you need to follow along a bit better. You missed the above when I said the following:

"What in the world would make you think that I am defending Donald Trump? Simply because I posted evidence that Obama too was secretive? My point is they are all quirky and unpredictable. I can give you a list of promises that Trump said he’d do in his first 100 days and he didn’t do them. Then again I can give you a list of things Obama said he’d do as President and he didn’t do them. "

Follow along now:

1. I am not defending Trump

2. I said they were all quirky and unpredictable.

3. I had a direct comment about Trump letting us down> “I could give you a list of promises that Trump said he’d do in his first 100 days and he didn’t do them.” That would be me saying something “bad” about a republican

So…once again…you are WRONG. This happens to you lots lately.

As I have suggested to you in the past if you don’t like the way that I present my arguments I suggest that you skip right past my posts. Short of doing that you need to tighten up your game and pay better attention.

Looks like these assholes will be allowed to stay

You are calling children who crossed the border and will be allowed to stay “assholes”?

That seems a bit harsh Raj, whether one agrees or disagrees with the administrations decision.

No?

Using sympathetic terms to describe them is a big part of the reason this discussion of amnesty is happening in the first place.

But, how can one remove “sympathy” when determining what is just?

Just read Congress is considering taxing all 401(k) contributions up front like a roth, awesome… :areyoukiddingme:

3 Likes

Are you just saying I shouldn’t refer to them as assholes or you think it’s unjust to deport the spawn of illegal invaders?

Above I was referring to you calling mostly innocent children “assholes”. Why the hate for children who really don’t know any better?

If they are labelled as “DREAMERS” one must counteract the narrative with something that helps shift the tide.

Surprisingly this is the first GOP change I’ve seen in a while that takes a pound of flesh from the middle class and basically doesn’t touch the lower class.

1 Like

I’m following just fine, I’m just wondering why you didn’t do this when complaining about Obama. How often when Obama did something you consider bad that had a Republican analog did you say “hey, no biggie, Republicans do that stuff too, no reason to get bent out of shape over Obama when he does it”…?[quote=“zeb1, post:6785, topic:223365”]
As I have suggested to you in the past if you don’t like the way that I present my arguments I suggest that you skip right past my posts. Short of doing that you need to tighten up your game and pay better attention.
[/quote]

My game is super-duper-tight, thanks - we’re all just still trying to figure out why you so obviously employ double standards, is I asked the question.

2 Likes

Your game is anything but super-duper tight. It’s more a sort of loose myopic emotional game. You can see things close up but always miss the big picture.

How about this. Take a look at the two people who “liked” one of your previous posts, ED and Tyler. Does that tell you anything about partisanship? Both of those fine gentlemen are lefties. And they liked the fact that you are calling me partisan (which I am and never said otherwise). And…they are both partisan. But for some reason that doesn’t bother you. They out do each other in their disdain for the GOP. Do I care? Nope. Do you care? Nope. But you do care that I’m partisan. And I have said repeatedly that I am partisan. So, I wonder what your point is?

“Sniff, sniff Zeb you didn’t do this when complaining about Obama…boo hoo”

Right Captain obvious…Duh

I enjoy attacking the democrat party for many reasons. Why does that suddenly shock you? I have been doing it for decades online and off. I like to make comparisons when the left attacks Trump I think it brings things into perspective for the attackers (as in the lefties…got it yet?). As Tyler said I should be “outraged” by what Trump is doing. And yet he was never outraged about Obama’s many failures. But…why should he be…he’s partisan. And so am I. Wow…revelation time…

But, even though I am partisan I have stated here on T Nation that I did not appreciate HW Bush saying he was not going to raise taxes at the GOP convention and then raising taxes once he was elected. Do you recall me saying that? I’m still partisan but I didn’t like that particular move by that republican President. I also said in the post above “I could give you a list of promises that Trump said he’d do in his first 100 days and he didn’t do them.” But, I will always be comparing Obama to Trump as long as there are partisan lefties who act as if Obama was the greatest President who ever lived and Trump (in their opinion) has done nothing right. And this leads me to one thing (there are others) that I think is behind your absurd behavior regarding my posts.

And that is…

…your absolute hatred of President Trump. It makes me wonder how fair minded that has made you, not very I bet. I am guessing that you think Trump is an illegitimate President…much like the far left wing nuts are saying. And the same way the kooks on the far right said that Obama was not legitimate for one reason or another. Oh wait I am not supposed to make comparisons because I am partisan.

Pfft…run along TB. But do comeback when you actually have a point.

Most of what you wrote was irrelevant, but regarding:

Incorrect. I care that you’re a hypocrite.

My point is what I’ve said all along. Partisanship is fine. If someone likes low taxes as a policy, and then criticizes a president for signing a bill raising taxes, that’s fine. That’s partisanship. I don’t care if you bitch about Obama’s environmental policy, or if Tyler or ED bitch about Trump’s tax cuts. That isn’t the issue - you keep trying to say it is, but you’re just being evasive.

The issue, rather, is intellectual dishonesty in the pursuit of partisanship, which you’re guilty of. You have painfully glaring double standards. You deliberately peddle misinformation. And, without fail, over the years, you have this (now comical) reflex to counter any criticism of a Republican with an automatic - and I mean, automatic - (non)rebuttal of “you know who did that or worse? Obama! Or, Hillary!”

In fact, I had reason to read the old Hillary vs. Carson thread recently. Carson - no one’s idea of a superstar - was fairly criticized for being a fabulist when news of his series of falsehoods trying to embellish his life story and resume hit, and your immediate reaction? “You know who got a pass from the media…Obama!!!” Legitimate questions about Carson’s integrity and competence were raised, but without fail, you try to change the subject to how awful Democrats are.

Fast forward to now, and the moment someone criticizes Trump (and fairly so) not on policy grounds, but on character and integrity and honesty issues, sure enough, the counter is “Obama!”. Nearly every reply above is a litany on Obama’s misdeeds - same as it was during the election.

I guess my remarking on it is, in the short term, it’s sad that you’re so limited you can’t move past this silly strategy that everyone sees and thinks silly, but bigger picture, it dawns on me - you’re precisely what is wrong with partisan politics.

In that sense, you’ve actually been helpful to diagnosing what’s wrong with the country.

As is, no need to answer my question. It answers itself, it turns out. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Back on topic, this should be damning, but recent polls show that there’s no buyer’s remorse among Trump voters yet.

Stacking your cabinet with Goodman Sachs alums should have been the first real signal.

How amazing, though - recall how many people ready to wield pitchforks against the “GOPe”, including people here, have now helped elect a wealthy cronyist and wastrel who couldn’t get Obamacare repealed with a full house?

1 Like

Absolutely. It appears his base is rock-solid for now…and I don’t know what it would take to turn them. Full ME assault with boots-on-the-ground? A deal with the dems? Interesting times…

Edit: timely.

But was I wrong? No. Once again a comparison is not a bad thing. But it might be to you as your hate for Trump makes you seethe at anyone who even appears to defend him (once again you are lead by your emotions). Ha.

And I was correct. You have no point. Did I defend Carson’s wrong doing? Carson was wrong but so was Obama. Carson was called out by a hostile left wing media while Obama was given a free pass. That is ABSOLUTELY worth mentioning in any rational political debate. You don’t like it? Awe…Someday maybe you will understand a bit better.

No I compared how they were each treated when they were in the wrong. To compare and contrast the awful media beating that Carson received with the completely free pass that Obama got. Once again fair political commentary. You need to start an “Post Here If You Hate Trump” thread. Then only those who want to attack Trump can post there. I promise I will stay out. But a thread that says “Trump: Fist 100 days” is fair game for comparison to other past Presidents. And it is also fair to point out a hostile left wing media. Go start that other thread…you and the other’s who hate Trump can live it up I won’t go near it.

Right…I’m partisan the opposite of what you are regarding your anti-Trump stand. And just like the left wing media when they attack Trump and gave Obama a free ride. And just like ED and Tyler do continually. It’s called POLITICS TB. Did you notice that there are two parities with millions of people enrolled in each party? Most are partisan.

[quote=“thunderbolt23, post:6797, topic:223365”] you’re precisely what is wrong with partisan politics
[/quote]

Yes, I have core beliefs that a democrat will be unable to live up to based on their party platform. It’s really quite simple. What did I say about Trump if he were to be elected? I said he would be governing about like every other republican would govern (about). And I was correct. Who said he would choose a conservative a Supreme Court Justice? Me! Who was doubtful that would happen? You! You can keep your politics of personality…I will stick with the better of the two parties for me and my country.

Wrong again just as you have been all along with your political commentary (should I list them all again?)

We have basically two major candidates that run for President each year, each represented by a political party and each party has a platform… If your little theory were correct then we would ditch the two party system (which has served us well) and we would be no better than some countries that feature 10 or even 20 candidates. Thus splitting the vote so that someone who gains perhaps 15% of the vote is elected to the highest office in the land. Do you honestly think that is the best thing for a country? Well, maybe you do, but the end result of that would be eventual chaos. The two party system which some pound the table against is part of what keeps this country functioning. Obviously we have problems but those problems will not be solved by opening up the two party system to 10 or so other candidates (like goofy Gary Johnson) all running for the highest office in the land. Partisanship in its purest form is a good thing for both parties and a good thing for the country. As I said it is not perfect but it beats the alternative.

Partisanship is first understanding what each party represents and then choosing which political philosophy is best for yourself and the country. I am proud of my partisanship and you can be proud of being an overly emotional individual who apparently values personality over political party. I guess that’s why you said “Hillary Clinton would be better for the country in the short and long term.” But you said you just couldn’t bring yourself to vote for her so you threw your vote away and voted for Gary Johnson. Fine, that is your right. Just as it is my right to have voted for Donald Trump and it is my right to compare how the media treated Trump as opposed to Obama. And it is my right to continually remind those bitching about Trump that…ready? OBAMA WAS WORSE. It’s called politics!

Suck it up TB we have a long four years

Sadly, this is means the death of American exceptionalism, showing that even the US is susceptible to run-of-the-mill populists - I could name on the top of my head at least a dozen populist Trumps in various countries - the defining characteristic being rampant demagoguery, occasional outrageous public statements and a rock-solid voting block that lives in constant fear of the “enemy” and will therefore back their candidate no matter how many times he changes positions, lest an apocalypse occurs.

2 Likes

As expected, your entire reply avoided the point - the issue isn’t partisanship, it’s dishonesty in pursuit of partisanship - and more besides, I didn’t vote for Gary Johnson.

Thanks anyway.

Although, it may be early yet for full-on buyer’s remorse. For those that feel duped, it’s hard to admit that, as a matter of pride, especially only 100 days out from the inauguration.

1 Like