Trump: The First 100 Days

So you think it was a good idea for Trump to escalate tensions and spark fear across Asia by announcing we were sending an “armada”?

What’s a good slogan that serves as the opposite of “speak softly and carry a big stick”?

2 Likes

The following is indifferent to the latest incidents:

When a rogue leader is both threatening us and doing everything they can to create a nuclear missile with which to do so, we should decapitate them - with zero notice.

And yes, I understand that “It is illegal by our laws, the Geneva Convention, and probably any number of worldly cooperative directives”

North Korea is a huge problem - one of the reasons is that the population in general has been brainwashed for 60 odd years, so we’re talking around four generations’ worth of indoctrination. Kindergarten children are taught to worship the Kim dynasty and rat out their parents, for example.

That means very few policy options for the US - no “coup”, no " finance the opposition", no “regime change”, nothing…

I was in Seoul once and I remember a discussion with the local businessmen about South Korea’s options vis-a-vis North Korea and the consensus was that South Korea doesn’t know what to do with them, even if the NK leadership said tomorrow, “ok, guys, you win, we lose” as the overall population has literally been brainwashed into craziness.

1 Like

Yes I agree 100%.

We do have historical perspective that societies can be shaken out of the delusion that their leader is a god and can read minds, hear whispers, or whatever.

To me, that begins by killing the psychopath and however many of his high ranking underlings it takes, to allow the Kim myth to begin dying.

[quote=“loppar, post:6727, topic:223365”]
"…North Korea is a huge problem - one of the reasons is that the population in general has been brainwashed for 60 odd years, so we’re talking around four generations’ worth of indoctrination. Kindergarten children are taught to worship the Kim dynasty and rat out their parents, for example…[/quote]

What loppar posted deserves emphasis.

There is this perception that the NK is a Country full of oppressed people yearning for Cell Phones, McDonald’s and NASCAR.

Some ARE yearning for freedom…but millions are more than happy to follow their “God” (which Kim Jong Un is) to their brainwashed deaths.

One doesn’t “negotiate” when this kind of fanaticism is present.

In answer to an earlier question; I do not think that it is in our best interest for Trump to escalate things with his rhetoric. Even if Kim Jong Un can’t hit us…he can certainly reek havoc with his neighbors.

The true key is working with China, IMO…not Trump’s Dick-Waving…

2 Likes

For those wanting to know more, here are some suggestions…

Written more than a decade ago, but still relevant, Martin’s book, despite being depressing and stomach-turning is actually riveting. Well worth a read.

Also, here’s a documentary about one of the most notorious US traitors.

I actually think its about time somebody flexed nuts on NK… but why do we gotta do it? NK is just a bunch of big mouths they cant do shit… Just another waste of our $$$ Let China or somebody over there deal with em
I thought Trumps giant bomb was good idea but hes gonna learn if you talk enough shit someones gonna test you and we cant afford to fight Iraq,Afghanistan, Syria, NK, and Russia… Maybe this is Putins master plan to break us

[quote=“Mufasa, post:6729, topic:223365, full:true”]

Agreed. NK wants attention. What do we do? Give them attention. So, now, we’re playing their game, as opposed to them playing ours.

Negotiate through China, make tough demands but announce nothing about it, and shut the Hell up in the media.

1 Like

He is working with China did you miss that part?

4 Likes

No I did not.

I don’t know how I feel about guns made in Croatia…

Just kidding. XD is a fine weapon.

1 Like

President Trump called President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey on Monday to congratulate him on winning a much-disputed referendum that will cement his autocratic rule over the country and, in the view of many experts, erode Turkey’s democratic institutions.

Let’s hear it, Trump apologists. Spin this one.

Well, not being a “Trump apologist” I hate to jump in. But this one is so rudimentary that I just can’t resist.

A few things: Firstly, we have embraced dictators in the past many, many times. For example, the worst modern day President Barack Obama opened relations with Cuba. There are worse players on the world stage than the Castro brothers, but they are certainly up there in their abuse of humanity. Secondly, When Nixon opened relations with China back in the 70’s, the biggest abuser of people in the world, we were dealing with a very unsavory entity. He did this for several geopolitical reasons not the least of which was to strengthen our hand against Russia.

Finally, Trump did the smart thing, in politics many times, “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”

“The White House emphasized that the two leaders were united in their determination to punish Syria’s president (and to defeat Isis)”

Trump says plenty of stupid stuff…mostly on twitter. You should focus more on that if you want to zing him at least then we can all have a laugh and you will feel better about your hate for Trump.

How about an objective post about Trump Administration’s first 100 days - actions taken towards campaign promises (or renegs, if more applicable). I include the admin, since this is where much of the action should be actualized, rather than only the president.

One inhibitor is sloth in appointee confirmation.

1 Like

The first part of the statement is true, the second patently false. Several German reporters of Turkish origin were thrown into prison in Turkey for daring to report how Bilal Erdogan - Tayyip’s son - is doing business with those same guys his father is allegedly trying to defeat.

Just citing the article and it may be correct. But either way my original point stands. War makes strange bedfellows.

And business. Business also makes strange bedfellows.

1 Like

^Is that real? Surely that can’t be real.