Trump: The First 100 Days

I lean right on most fiscal issues and left on most social issues. Exceptions would be leaning right on the death penalty, and allowing that my left leaning social ideas will SOMETIMES overrule my right leaning fiscal ideas.

Edit: I’m sure there are other exceptions to the above, but I have a hard time visualizing all the major topics at once with my “leanings”

1 Like

Well, I think people do treat it with gravity as you say, as it affects their lives on many different levels.

You are the new voter! And the new voter is driving both parties crazy as I am sure you’re aware. The democrats can’t seem to become fiscally conservative enough to impress folks like you. And the republicans are having a really tough time not being liberal enough on social issues to gain your vote.

2 Likes

Stock market didn’t like that bomb being dropped.

Well, Trump said he was going after Isis. Hopefully he killed a good deal of them with this bombing.

Interesting point (that probably belongs in the “Partisanship” thread): is the pool of “new voters” ever going to be sufficiently large that the parties will actually move in step with them, or is it more likely that a third party arises to capture the imagination of the new voter?

If I was a Trump voter I would be very confused, are they supposed to trust the intelligence agencies and the media now? Are they still fake?

That is the single best question that has been posted on any of these political threads in quite sometime.

When Ross Perot ran as an independent in 1992 many thought that the public was so fed up with both parties that he was going to win. And he was ahead of both Clinton and Bush (HW). But then something odd happened and he dropped out…and then reentered the race. The public hated that and thought that he ran because he felt the heat of the campaign. Anyway, he ended up with about 19% of the vote.

I think we have been ready for a long time for a third party. The problem of course is money. It would take plenty of cash to launch a nationwide third party successfully.

But just think, a candidate who is liberal on social issues and a fiscal conservative.

1 Like

That completely depends on what they’re reporting.

1 Like

I think most of this comes from the Dems losing ground with young voters compared to previous elections. Unfortunately (from my exposure to people my age), most of the Trumpers in my bracket voted as such because they genuinely believed the laundry list of things HRC was “going to do” without any semblence of logic to it. They were also naive enough to truly believe Trump “wasn’t a politician” before this all began.

I don’t think it’s quite that. I think the DNC leak shook some people my age to their core. Many people my age that leaned left had this rosey glass view that Dems were somehow above the shitshow and hypocrisy (because let’s face it, Repubs made that super easy). When the Dems were exposed for playing the same level of BS that Repubs were open about for years, it made them stay home. I think you’ll see a huge resurgence in young voters if the Dems nominate someone like Bernie next cycle.

This feeds back in the hypocrisy people generally see about Republicans. I can tell you, definitively, that my entire family tree has spent nearly their entire lives on some type of government assistance. When asked about it, they’ll tell you “but we don’t abuse it like those welfare queens from the ghetto.” Lets just say I avoid family reunions.

I believe as old people finally die and my generation fully takes over, all others will fall into line with the “new voter” or they’ll be forced to sit the fuck down.

I think this will be what forces people to finally decide where they draw the line (I’m sorry I keep saying it). Personally, I think most people’s ideas about social issues will override, to some extent, the fiscal stuff.

I would say this is pretty self-aware, and I fall in the same camp (with some exceptions) maybe we are the hope and salvation :raised_hands: help us all haha

Excellent point, as soon as someone becomes a candidate they’re a politician.

That might very well be true. But unless Trump messes things up royally (and who knows?) I don’t see Bernie beating anyone for the highest office in the land even though as you say he will own the youth vote. Especially since he’s promised them plenty of "free’ stuff.

Ha…I go to mine but most of my extended family are diehard democrats (plenty of teachers union members). They’re fine people so we just don’t talk politics.

My understanding was that it was dropped in an area where ISIS has a large underground infrastructure. The goal was to crush it. I hoped it worked, that’s quite a bomb. 21,000 lbs? It should pretty much destroy what it hits.

Nice!

1 Like

So I was listening to Rush during my lunch break and a pro Trump caller named Raj was talking about Bannon’s role in the administration. Was that @therajraj or coincidence?

1 Like

Jesus. This is getting insane…

Is WaPo giving Trump praise? Whoa

If he influenced Xi to step in and face down NK, then he deserves credit.

2 Likes