Trump: The First 100 Days

It’s amazing. The number of times he’s said “we just didn’t quite get there” is pretty impressive.

Luckily he’s already spinning to “we’re going to focus on other things now.”

1 Like

“we’re going to focus on other things now.”

Like what, not passing comprehensive tax reform…?

3 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if that happens. When the CBO released their assessment of AHCA v1 it said “In CBO and JCT’s assessment, however, the nongroup market would probably be stable in most areas under either current law or the legislation.” We might get to see if this “death spiral” is really a thing.

Would the GOP leadership really be clueless enough to allow millions of people to lose their healthcare? Do they really think this would be to their political advantage?

Edit: Watching Trump now, and he seems to be trying to hang the AHCA defeat around the necks of the Dems–‘we didn’t get any Democratic support.’ Yes, it appears his plan is to ‘allow Obamacare to collapse,’ and blame the Dems.

Astonishing.

1 Like

Jesus…he is laying this wholly at the feet of the dems.

TB:

THIS is the part I don’t get.

8 years…and they couldn’t come up with a solid consensus on a workable bill?

Pathetic.

In their (very minor) defense, Congressional Republicans had to* deal with what Trump wanted, which is what Ryan tried to deliver, and what Trump wanted was a mess.

But they 8 years to build a consensus and a workable bill to have ready in day one - after all, they don’t have to wait on Trump to pass anything, they pass whatever they want.

Absolute trainwreck.

Edit: * had to? Really chose to, is my point. A stupid mistake.

By the way, if Democrats are smart, they start making lots of noise about repairing Obama Care and even crafting a bill that attempts to do so.

1 Like

He also said this is “probably the best thing that could have happened”. When you just got done telling the US that the ACA was “collapsing” and isn’t going to survive, this looks like petty politics.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/462242226492674048

50 million uninsured?

It will probably single payer in the future. The party that makes healthcare a free market system will get voted out pretty quickly.

But hey on the bright side, maybe it means strict borders long term. I mean can’t have single payer with illegals pouring in right?

1 Like

Single payer has always been the ultimate goal.

And as long as US can borrow and print money, why seal the border just to keep the world from getting medical?

You can kiss medical discoveries goodbye.

Socialized medicine leads to rot

Heh.

5 Likes

Government option–not single payer.

It is disconcerting that they couldn’t even vote on it and go on the record as pro or against. That being said, I am glad this version of the bill didn’t get a vote. Since it retained so much of Obamacare it put Republicans in a spot where they are pinned between their voters and their party.

I want a full repeal. That may not happen, but this will be back in a few weeks. This is just the first phase and is how the system is supposed to work. Remember, government that works swiftly and without dissent is what got us Obamacare in the first place.

3 Likes

Medicaid Babies: NM 72%, Nev 64%, NY 51%, Calif 50%…

Percentages of what?