Trump: The First 100 Days

I don’t have a problem with that line of thinking because I’m all for a smaller, less intrusive government who keeps their hands out of our pockets but a small defense budget would mean we aren’t a military super power. That would not be in anyone’s best interest.

2 Likes

Practically all post WW2 US foreign policy has been a disaster. On top of that the US has the luxury of having a huge ocean separating it from most of its enemies and friendly neighbors to the north.

Yes, but in a globalized, internet powered world military invasion isn’t the only thing we should worry about as a country. Economic primacy is critical, and that is enforced by a) soft power and political maneuvering and alliances and b) hard military power projection.

“You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.”

Well, geopolitics demands that we have the ability to back-up our words across the globe as well as reassure our allies. A small military does neither, so even if we aren’t invaded we also do not get to lead economically, and THAT is a disaster for us.

If someone wants to say we are over-extended currently, I won’t argue that. If someone wants to talk about decreasing military spending in order to cut the debt, I won’t argue that (in principle, anyway). But saying that we should just keep a small, low budget defensive army to deter invasions is folly.

2 Likes

Peter King confirms Obama administration tapped Trump

It’s pretty clear after yesterday that Congress can’t effectively investigate all this stuff.

Their partisanship will always get in the way.

And I’m starting to agree more and more with Zeb…for them; it’s all turning into a bullshit “game”…

3 Likes

Its all about being able to say “Gotcha!” at just the right time.

1 Like

…and there’s nothing new under the sun … this tit for tat shit is fucking tiresome.

1 Like

People are blaming Trump for anti semitsm in the US but it’s mostly fake news.

Edit : suspect is Jewish

http://apne.ws/2mXDiJm

http://time.com/4710615/when-a-president-cant-be-taken-at-his-word/

This is an actual quote:

2 Likes

Truth is dead all right…IN THE MEDIA!

As a lefty it must be difficult to see not just Hillary lose…but to Trump! Ha ha…oh man that’s gotta hurt. But I’m thinking that the entire shit storm that the left is kicking up over this phony Russian nonsense and other issues is only going to bite them in the butt with the American people.

No one likes to lose but it might be time for the left to suck it up before they become a permanent minority party.

Thanks Mufasa and as I said in the post above. The gamesmanship is just about out of control. I have never seen it this bad. It’s time the dems take a step back and try to set aside their extreme hate for Trump and actually look like they are trying to work with him. Keep in mind they don’t have to work with him but it’s time that they start looking like they are. Most people don’t like this crap…and it’s never been worse.

The @zeb1 doth protest too much, methinks.

1 Like

He’s probably not happy about turning into the Repub version of what he spent a long time hating. It’s a weird sensation when your party gets everything it needed and now it’s time to watch them shit the bed.

1 Like

Based on the first two months, I’m thinking they might have a stomach bug.

2 Likes

Wow, it’s so true that people see what they want to see.

Me thinks you want Trump to fail so very badly that it’s actually coming true…IN YOUR MIND.

Expect–not want. Big, important difference.

1 Like

Yes, sometimes they are one in the same. But none of this matters let’s just all sit back and wait and see what happens.

The only improvement on this would be if labeled Alternative Facts

1 Like