Trump: The First 100 Days

What’s with the fixation on Nixon?

Is it the “Trump is like Nixon narrative?”

You might at least try a different quote since his beloved daughter Ivanka married a Jewish man and they are raising their children in the Jewish religion.

I mean it’s okay with me if you want to continue but it makes no sense.

I’ll agree with this part wholeheartedly. That being said I think the “remove 2 regs for every 1 added” thing is adorable. Putting the thought out that all regs are created equal doesn’t set a great tone with me for an educated population (but then again politics in general has disdain for educated voters so I guess it’s meh).

I believe the Nixon stuff was in relation to Raj saying weed was banned for a reason. Just because “reason’s” exist, doesn’t mean they’re good ones (hence the anti jew rhetoric).

2 Likes

He’s moving up in the world!

Trump started out being compared to Hitler. Now at least he’s among the ranks of US Presidents.

2 Likes

Solid :pokerface:

1 Like

Actually, I agree with that. If they’re going to continue publishing stories of dubious quality or no substance just to slam him, they can get their info second hand.

The media wants to play publish first, redact or correct later. He just made the ones that like to yell “First!” second.

Buzzfeed: Steele Dossier
NYT: Cohen/Sater, FBI case
Politico: Manafort blackmail
CNN: Priebus-FBI
WaPo: Flynn discussing sanctions

3 Likes

Priebus got called out on one of the Sunday shows for complaining about anonymous sources being used, then refused to disclose his source at the FBI who apparently said there was nothing to any of these Russia connections.

2 Likes

Don’t these 3 typically just source from Mother Jones twitter account anyway?

:badpokerface:

1 Like

Has that dossier been proven to have any valid information in it at all?

Also, a couple of decent stories among an avalanche of garbage. Those organizations publish literally anything that anybody writes, as long as has some angle of trying to make Trump, family, or any associates look like shit.

They need to clean their act up. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to quit publishing shit.

He just exercised the pimp hand, and they deserve it.

1 Like

Even in this little sub with 30 readers, we generally request some citation if the post is not an obvious commentary.

Does it really benefit the readership to be fed an endless string of unsubstantiated reporting? I going to vote no, as the line between fact and opinion get so murky as to causing said readers to tune out, other than as entertaining bias confirmation.

Ha ha that was a good laugh. And you are spot on as well.

Thank you my friend.

This is a very dangerous road to go down. If this is acceptable, how about kicking out everyone who ever prints a bad word about you? The pressers could be nothing by Fox News, Breitbart and InfoWars.

Then maybe they’ll quit yelling “First!” and get back to real journalism instead of putting their stamp on less than even a crappy blog quality of product.

PRESIDENT TRUMP, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO USE THE MIGHT OF THE PATRIOTS TO STOP THE PSYCHIC VAMPIRES FROM STEALING OUR CHILDREN’S LIFEFORCE AND ENACTING ARMAGEDDON FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR INTER-DIMENSIONAL, SATANIC MASTERS?

ALSO, ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS FREEZE-DRIED FOOD AND THESE MALE VITALITY SUPPLEMENTS?

6 Likes

Yes, unlike those bastions of journalism I mentioned.

Hahaha.

Breitbart: “Sean! Sean! Is the president aware of how awesome he is?”

Spicer: “Yes. Yes, he is. Next question.”

4 Likes

You dropped a link to the Wikipedia page “Watergate scandal role of the media”. I would agree with you fi this were back in the day. However, if you think for one minute the press was ready to take down Barack Obama for any one of his several misdeeds (I won’t continue to post them) you are dead wrong!

Back in the Watergate era the press only leaned left. Today they are conservative hunters and rabid Trump haters. There is no independent press. I think it might have ended in 2008 with the ass kissing of Obama.

Trump is correct in keeping out the purveyors of fake news. When they prove themselves worthy by telling the truth then let them in again. I am not talking about negative press every President gets some, or in the case of republicans, a lot of that. I am talking about outright fake news stories made up to make Trump look bad. My gosh doesn’t he do enough goofy things without having to have a news agency make stuff up?

This is just a reality.

Almost like the questions that Obama used to get at his press conferences…that is when he had them.

NBC: “Um Mister President how has your golf game been coming along”

Obama:" Ahhh um um ahhh um ahhhhh Good good…"