Trump: The First 100 Days

Without a job how does the average unemployed American manage to live in better conditions than them?

Section 8, ebt, and family support prolly

Hebrew nailed it. In short, social services geared towards the poor

Remove cheap labor force
Drives higher employee prices
Lowers net revenue
Less income for business owner

Remove cheap labor force
Drives higher employee prices
Lowers net revenue
Increases prices to compensate
Higher prices for consumers
Less people indulge in product

Pick one. Increase in labor cost means SOMEONE loses more money, consumer or business owner. Supply and demand doesn’t not apply just because you don’t understand it.

This last bit on the subject, then you can fuck off for being an asshole.

Dave cuts grass for $50./hr. He cuts a lawn that takes 30 minutes for $25.00. Daves costs go up so he raises the price beyond what the purchaser is willing to pay.

Purchaser hires Timmy down the street because he’s a good kid for $25.

No go eat a dick you arrogant fuckhead.

1 Like

Thanks yes Im also a landlord so I deal with po folk all the time…BTW most my S8 are white… Not being a dick but my opinions here are based on reality…, not internet articles… I agree people shouldnt be here illegally but if you drop kick everyone out in one fell swoop it will do more harm than good. Many many businesses need these people… and most of these guys just want a better life… Harmless people doing work Americans wont do… Sure kick out the bad guys but give folks who are not real criminals a path to citizenship…This way we all win… Not to mention these are human beings spliting up familys or deporting kids or leaving kids to fend for themselves is wrong…I think if you guys worked with these people like I do your opinion would be different

1 Like

So we are essentially paying extra tax money towards people so they can live better than immigrants willing to do work? Is there anywhere else this kind of thing would hold up except in government?

2 Likes

I doubt it. But people seriously underestimate the amount of hard work and willpower your average illegal immigrant brings to the table. They bust ass for next to nothing.

3 Likes

Your math doesn’t add up here. Previously you indicated citizens had all these government benefits, can’t that just be shifted to meet their higher employee prices? Overall you get a higher percentage of working population, no freeloaders. This means instead of paying 100% of their living costs your paying a fraction because the employer makes up the difference.

Shit if only I’d have known that every single consumer of landscaping has the ability to hire a neighbor kid.

My bad man. You totally win

Since we’re talking about discretionary spending, yeah, you can spend it at your discretion.

Nobody on public assistance is living better than an immigrant with a job; not in my part of the country anyway. I’m sure most of you realize that there are lifetime limits on most public assistance too.

1 Like

The best part about this is discretionary spending is what drops the most when the supply and demand shifts.

Prices rise you don’t stop heating your home. You stop paying your landscaper to prune your bushes and do it yourself. And that not even looking at all the other factors.

Its not just that… What everyone here fails to see is nobody else wants this work… How many of your friends dig out septic tanks, pick straw berrys or strip off roofs in summer…I doubt any…Right now I have 3 different homes under construction and 6 duplex rentals… When I need mass labor for shit like building french drains, stripping off roofs, carrying truckloads of drywall… There is not 15 US citizens looking for work in one spot at a moments notice…Like I said drive by a labor union and see if you can find 10-20 guys…Not possible big corporate contracting firms swoop them up… Which is a good sign it means economy is good…However guys like me need workers… Im not alone here besides res construction these guys get used for all kinds of labor…If they go so does a big chunk of economy

2 Likes

You’re missing a few things. For one the direct cost to employee an illegal v. a legal is significant. Say you pay an illegal under the table at $5/h. Well, im MD that’ll cost you 10.10 at least (that might not be the new min until next year) plus employer FICA requirements. So add about an additional 25%. This will create a cost of living adjustment ripple effect. Your groceries now cost 5-10% more, so does the construction of your house, etc… You’ve essentially mived the poverty line higher.

I don’t support illegal labor, but pfury is not wrong in that a change will cause economic issues that are both short and long term.

2 Likes

Which would be applicable if we were looking at that as a factor, but we weren’t talking about a reduction of money on the consumer side.

You started out saying that removing illegals would increase cost.

I call bullshit because the cost can’t exceed what the market will bear, and you haven’t given any thought at all to competition in the market for a given service.

You keep trying to look for ways to be right.

I don’t understand how you believe that increasing labor costs won’t translate to a higher cost for the consumer.

Higher cost to employer → higher cost to consumer.

Your industry isn’t special because you say so.

And you had to jump to the other side of the equation in an attempt to be right.

either 1. You think you know more than you do

or 2. You think I know less than I do.

Either way, we both get a glass medal for being window lickers by arguing over the internet.

Whatever you say champ. I can’t see a side of the equation where you’re right, but there’s no use arguing about basic math.

Good talk broski

I’m right on the side where a consumer has 100 dollars to spend. Contractor says “This is going to cost 150.00”

Consumer says “I’ll pay $100 to the next guy. You can leave now.”.

You don’t live in a house, do you?