Trump: The First 100 Days

Yes thats the reality of it…but the problem is without illegals right now those jobs dont get done at a price industry can afford…This is global but also very much a local issue… Which in a way is a good thing…The reason there isnt 30 white guys under the bridge looking to dig ditches for $10 per hr is they found better work…Un documented workers fill the void… btw tons of companies hire undocumented workers due to subcontracting unknowingly… As a company the bigger you get the harder it is to see everything…When running a business you have timelines and budgets ideology takes a back seat to profits and losses…

This is the inevitable problem. Unfortunately people that are so gung hoe on DEPORT DEM DER MEXICANS that they don’t actually acknowledge all the problems from that type of a “solution.”

1 Like

Correct the idea is not based in reality…Also for what its worth most of these workers work hard have familys here do a good job

1 Like

On the contrary. The “fix” people see is very much so based in reality. “Deport people that aren’t here legally” is a very very hard argument to beat as it makes a shitton of sense.

Where the difference comes in is people looking at the bigger picture. The ripple effect on something of this scale that’s SO ingrained into our economy shifts the discussion. Very few people genuinely believe that illegal immigrants are “in the right” by being here illegally. The argument is that, at this point, it’s so much more the lesser of 2 evils to let them stay and integrate fully into our society.

Even if you provide a ton of research and support as to WHY they should stay, you still have to argue past the “deport people who aren’t here legally” crowd that are too shortsighted to understand what you’re saying.

2 Likes

Acknowledging your question, but respectfully - I’m done on that subject.
It apparently is too divisive. haha

Bring them in legally on temporary work visas?

Like the farm behind me does. That way you get people who are willing to do it right, and a good many stick around year after year.

Then you don’t have to worry about the legality or illegality of it, and the workers benefit by not having to jump and run, or getting stuck in the rut of day labor for Joe Pickuptruck.

It’s kind of a win all around. The farm gets good cheap labor. The labor gets paid + room and board and send a bunch of money back to their families, and I get low cost produce right off of the tree.

The problem of only seeing an illegal solution to something that everybody else does legally is greed and laziness. Millions of people work hard every day and live normal lives, but there’s always that one guy that thinks the only way he can make it is to sell dope. The real problem is that he knows he’s going to work harder and not make as much by living like everybody else.

1 Like

Well said.

This is kinda my point. This is a very very easy argument to be in favor of, because quite frankly, it makes a ton of sense. What it doesn’t do is acknowledge what happens to the market when you suck out all of the illegal immigrants that are currently helping it run.

At a more high level view you have to look at the damage it will do to various industries and decide how much damage you’re alright with in exchange for the “fix.”

What will hurt these industries will be temporary. I’m sure industries suffered when slavery was made illegal as well

Various industries? Like shipbuilding? I’ve worked with guys brought in from all over central and south america- legally.

Or getting your flower/shrub beds mulched? Cause thats where I see the illegals.

It’s gonna drive the cost of your alcohol up…

Why don’t you start your own “Muslims are shitbags” thread? Then you can have a conversation with yourself like kneedragger’s doing with abortion.

3 Likes

I was amazed at how much a case of beer costs now. I haven’t bought a case since about February of 2000.

3 Likes

Except we have different options when slavery was made illegal. Now companies have the ability to outsource. Also industries exist where American labor isn’t a feasible option in today’s world.

Are the guys cutting your lawn not working for an American company that pays income tax? When they lose half their workforce to deportation and are forced to double the hourly rate they pay, does that not hurt their company? What happens to the supplier of the weedkiller this landscaper uses? What happens to the companies that supply the weedkiller guy with chemicals for the product?

This is just one example of the high level effect from one type of company in one subset of one industry. NOW hit every industry that relies on illegals. Hit every industry that supports those industries. ETCETCETC

1 Like

It’s all those damn microbreweries, man…

You say this while concurrently replying to me.

No one is forcing you to read my posts

You bring up this topic in every damn thread. At least wait until Trump introduces his new-and-improved ban.

Every alternative available to slaves wasn’t cheaper than “free”

I can’t process this level of stupid. I keep trying to have adult conversations with you because I like to know how the other side thinks but JESUS.

4 Likes

It was brought up from the Sweden comments Trump made