Trump: The First 100 Days

Trump misunderstood the FOX News segment.

If I were running a country that was either an US ally or a supposed foe, the first thing I’d do is call FOX News and ask how much a “political placement” would cost in one of their news segments and on The O’Reilly’s Factor.

Think about it - even if FOX said US$ 100 million for a show or two the payoff would be immense as you’d get an opportunity to determine US policy (and additionally Trump’s tweets repeating exact phrases of your choosing) vis-a-vis a specific issue that’s pertinent to your country.

Preface every policy suggestion on these “policy placement” news with the phrase “Obama wouldn’t have the balls to…” and you’ve got a winner.

This is a bit long winded but a pretty good commentary on the current state of the MSM. If you want to get the the stuff about Trump, fast forward to about 19:45.

Demagoguery is not just for world leaders anymore. Now it can be a youtuber or pretty much just any ole body. Since it is no longer an objective term used to describe real behaviors and has become a pejorative to be hurled at someone you disagree with, anybody can be a demagogue.

Even Me!

Damn! I feel so trendy now. #bluecollardemagogue!

Okay, guys…help me out here…because I am missing something:

1. This “PewDiePie” has quadruple the following (by his charts) of the nearest “MSM” source.

2. He has (by his admission and again by traffic and statistics) much greater influence with “the people”.

3. He makes Millions.

4. Trump is President of the United States with a GOP House and Senate…with the GOP dominating State Houses and Governerships throughout the Nation.

5. Trump is a Billionaire.

6. Trump crushed every “mainstream” GOP and DEM Politician that stood in his way.

7. The “MSM” is, quite frankly, getting their asses handed to them on a daily basis by the President and these Social Media “victims of oppression”.

Help me out, guys.

I am trying my best to find these “oppressed Victims” in all this.

1 Like

Ok then lets rephrase it-

Pew-de-Pie- a guy with a you tube channel being targeted by The 4th Estate, and all of the weight it can bring to bear on A GUY WITH A YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

There is no analogy for this. It is so utterly unbefuckinglievable and unprecedented.

This is a term that needed updating 10 years ago.

While it originally referred to the print media or “the Press”…it is pretty obvious that these powerful AND influential social media “victims” ARE the new “4th Estate” (based on following and influence).

And they get more powerful by the day.

They really need to drop the “oppressed victim” bullshit.

1 Like

PewDiePie had his show cancelled as a result of this which according to him 100+ people worked on.

Trump’s brand is suffering.

The media goes after people’s livelihood, if they can attack people with endless resources and reach, imagine what they can do to the rest of us

And he has personally nothing to do with this?

1 Like

Look, guys.

I’m no defender of the “MSLM”. They all need to start looking at themselves more closely and recognize the biases that exist. I have no problem whatsoever with them getting their arrogant asses handed to them by Trump or anyone else.

But I also have little tolerance for “the pseudo-oppressed” or “Fake-victims”.

The World has plenty examples of both without having to create fake ones.

If you hold a conservative position openly on abortion, gay marriage/homosexuality, immigration and probably some other positions I can’t think of, your business is going to suffer consequences.

Did Trump know he’d hurt his brand before running for president? Sure.

But who created this political climate?

if it makes it clearer for you, think of the employees of these two guys that suffer as a result of the media attacks. They don’t make millions or billions.

You don’t see how this creates a system wherein free speech is only free if a We that is much greater than You approves of it?

And how if you do find an outlet for your views, how ever successful an individual may be at it- They are attacked by professionals that are trained in the use of words.

Remember that old saying “The pen is mightier than the sword”?

Well they’re using them to assassinate opposition and competition.

Look…the guys own charts show that the “MSLM” is doing a damn piss-poor job of doing that.

It fact; it showed that their actions had a negative affect on their bottom-line.

And another point that been argued over and over and over again…

“Free Speech” does not ALSO mean “Freedom from the consequences of that Speech…”

You say it…you own it.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMPS_DIPLOMAT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-02-20-03-23-39

Thoughts on Tillerson? I had pretty much forgotten he was in the whole thing by this point, the article seems to point towards an intelligent and thought out approach from him concerning his role and how he would like to conduct himself moving forward.

Despade:

Outside of Trumps “inner Circle”…I think that he has put some damn solid choices in these positions.

Tillerson…Mad Dog…some others…I think that they will not hesitate to let the President know when he is off-base and/or flat-out wrong. They also seem like the type of people who would resign rather than put up with a lot of bullshit.

1 Like

Oh, so their attack on him doesn’t matter because it backfired?

And who is a corporation to decide that it is their job to mete out consequences? This is the WSJ and Disney we’re talking about, and they’re setting the tone for people to be attacked and their livelihoods diminished under false pretense and claims of wrong doing.

If you are referencing the video, I think Sargon is saying they are viewed by the people as victims of unjust targeting, not that they are victims per se. It showcases why the media can not destroy Trump’s support, only he can destroy it. For the most part the media’s attacks are falling on deaf ears.

I particularly like when he spoke of the “Overton Window.” Paints a pretty good picture of how the media has lost the trust or at least the attention on the masses.

Yeah, I agree with having some good men and women that aren’t simply “Yes men.” in place around him. As you said though they may resign rather than put up with the inevitable headaches, I can’t imagine that successful, hard-nosed, intelligent folks (typically what it takes to get to the top) are going to enjoy playing “clean-up” with our allies for 4 years

That’s what I’m saying too, Al…

(Somehow it’s being translated into me saying something else…oh well…)

And SkyzykS.

These “classic” Media outlets…the WSJ…NY times…newspapers in general…are dying a slow death…

Good luck to you if you want to take on somebody like Disney…you should expect to get bitch-slapped by “The Mouse”…

That’s dumber than boasting publicly that you don’t pay taxes because the Constitution doesn’t say you have to…

2 Likes

@SkyzykS …how the hell did you and I get to the point of disagreeing on stuff???