Trump: The First 100 Days

Outstanding. I chuckled.

1 Like

And you think term limits would help that? The problem is institutionalized-the power is going to expand almost regardless of who is in office, and the exceedingly rare individual that doesn’t do so should not be forced out of office by some arbitrary term limit.

You mentioned voting for long-term self interests as though you believe that is a good thing, but a representative that knows he only has four/six/whatever years to plunder has no reason to make decisions that do anything but improve his condition over that short time. At least, without term limits, there is some incentive to do things that don’t hurt his constituents too badly over the long-term. Of course, a king can be said to be preferable to a president for the same reason.

I think it’s time to recognize that what allowed this county and its people to take great strides for awhile was that its government was limited, both legally and actually(it didn’t have the funds to be a tyrant). You can’t have an awesomely powerful government and freedom, and an awesomely powerful government abroad will be even more awesomely powerful at home(until its collapse).

A difference of opinion I have to this would be that you can see from the Executive branch, there are indeed changes in priorities when new people come in. Look at either Obama or W or Trump, compared to their predecessors as easy examples.

And on this point, perhaps we would get some ‘servants’ rather than masters, in the same mold as a person joining the military due to a patriotic or serving the country reason. My thought being that they would know there is no way to set up a fiefdom of perpetual rule, and would shy away from the office in the first place, unless they already felt patriotic or altruistic to some degree.

I am not suggesting a Pollyanna view, that the Founding Fathers were not the wealthy and connected class. But they did what they did from a stance of leading, rather than enriching themselves like hogs at a trough.

Yes power will expand for any individual in office. However, in Congress you have competing power centers. When a Senator or Representative leaves through term limits, there is no particular reason to expect the successor will inherit those power structures just because the successor has the same home district.

Trump could use the Secure Fence Act of 2006 that was passed as a template for the wall. I know it’s racist, but even Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both voted for it.

Trump needs to explain how he would pay for all this shit.

1 Like

Best explanation ever LOL

That should be the questions congress has for him. It’ll be interesting.

1 Like

That’s the easy part, no trade from Mexico comes in until they pay US labor to build the wall. :wink:

Edited for clarity

1 Like

Yes, but it could be done other ways as well

https://70news.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/craigslist-35hr-for-anti-trump-protesters-in-palos-verdes-trump-golf-course-dress-to-impress-expect-to-stay-10-hours-thats-350-total-another-soros-funded-riot-to-come/

Grassroots movement my ass, only Soros could afford to pay $35/hr for paid protesters

GO to craigslist, jobs, none profit. Look around and notice that liberal orgs pay for activists. It has been that way for a very long time. Oddly the highly capitalistic Republicans never do that. No there is no such thing as grass roots protests.

One can only imagine if a conservative with Soro’s wealth was paying people to riot against Obama. The press would be in an uproar blaming Donald Trump for not saying something. They would be screaming for his head. But all we hear from the Mainstream lying left wing bastards (as proven by wikileaks) is silence.

But where is Barack Obama in all of this?

He should be saying “everyone go home stop rioting you are harming our great nation.” But he must first believe in America right? He will now do the same thing did when black lives matter tore certain parts of large cities to the bone. He will remain silent. The last time I recall rioting like this was during the 1960’s. Obama birthed these types of actions by not preventing them with the power the bully pulpit (as Teddy Roosevelt called it).

He is being mister swell guy to Trump right now. And he is doing it for a reason. You can never forget where he came from and his core beliefs.

1 Like

Hey, Trump said he was going to create jobs…

4 Likes

That is very funny Guy LMAO

I was pretty proud of it, thanks.

Gotta laugh sometimes, right?

3 Likes

Mr nice guy. who makes no effort to stop the protests and riots. Up until this election protests and riots over elections was what they did in third world nations. Civilized western nations respected elections.

Exactly, but when we elected a community organizer as POTUS this is exactly what we get. And I honestly don’t see it letting up…until the snow flies that is. As I said about Occupy Wall Street protesters a couple of years ago. When the snow files they will be gone.

I agree that the riots are despicable and ought to stop, but it is worth noting that Trump spent several weeks leading up to the election leaving doubt whether he would accept the results if he lost, and on Election Day filed a lawsuit regarding a specific polling location staying open late to let everyone that was in line vote (of course, the “facts” in that story vary depending on who you are speaking to). The whole “Civilized western nations respect elections” would ring truer if the candidate who won had answered a direct question about that in the debate with “Of course” instead of “I’ll keep you in suspense.”

Do I think they should knock it off and go home? Of course. Just felt like it was worth pointing out that fir weeks Trump battered home the idea that the election was rigged and fired up his own supporters by pretending that he might not accept the results if he lost; since he won, we’ll never know what he and his supporters would have done.

1 Like

If the election were close and Pennsylvania or Florida had made the difference, I would have liked him to contest the results to see if voter fraud altered the result

That sounds good but when have conservatives ever rioted? And Trump was taking about voter fraud not just freaking out because he lost