Trump: The First 100 Days

I didn’t say that you said terror attacks. I asked you a follow-up question to your post…

A whole 29 out of the 100,000 or .029% of the refugees. Sounds like a serious problem…

1 Like

Thanks for the link.

I agree in part. Keep in mind he has a very different coalition than the typical republican. You are astute and already know this. No one has attracted this many democrats since Ronald Reagan (not comparing the two men otherwise).

[quote]Trump will be choosing conservative Judges.

We’ll see soon enough.
[/quote]

I like to turn things around to better understand them. What reason would Trump have to appoint Judges who are not conservative? Also, he’s already put into nomination a very conservative cabinet and chose a very conservative VP in Mike Pence. So…

Okay, going to go grab a workout.

Have a great day everyone!

Yes. This is country, not party. Patriots are in melt-down mode.

1 Like

I can think of a few reasons off the top of my head:

He’s clearly not a fan of the press so he might want a judge that will give him leeway on the 1st.

He’s a fan of eminent domain so he might want to broaden that power especially as it relates to private businesses.

I think any pursuit of a Muslim ban would need a justice willing to ignore precedent and, again, leeway on the 1st.

I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting.

I’ve said before and I certainly could be wrong again, but I don’t think Trump runs for a second term. This means he doesn’t have to bow to the NRA or keeping any of the promises he’s made in order to be re-elected. He also has no love for the party so protecting Congressional seats is also not an issue.

Hi ED,

[quote=“EyeDentist, post:2164, topic:223365”]
Does it matter? Or per your position, is the salient issue that they published it at all?

My point re including the link was to demonstrate that reporting on the existence of the dossier was not unique to CNN, or even to the ‘leftstream’ media. Thus, Trump’s singling out of CNN as equal to BuzzFeed seems hypocritical (at best).[/quote]

My position is that, while CNN didn’t explicitly detail the unsubstantiated contents of the memo, them trying to pass off their efforts as being just an FYI on the goings on of our government is weak.

To use the knife they stuck in BuzzFeed’s back as a handhold on their climb back onto the pedestal of journalistic integrity is weak, too. Pragmatically speaking, there is nothing “vastly different” about CNN and BuzzFeed’s coverage, except that BuzzFeed didn’t stop at just the tip.

I mean, there IS a report out there, it DOES contain unverified information, part of that unverified information IS the claim that Trump likes to watch Russian hookers piss caviar and vodka on each other as retaliation against the Obamas, and this IS being discussed throughout the government. This all exists in our reality; they’re not making anything up by telling us that.

So just own it. Don’t tease me about it, pass the buck to Buzzfeed, and then whine about integrity when called out.

Re: the Fox article – I’d rather blame the asshole that dumped chum in the water than the sharks that nipped me, but I can appreciate what you’re saying.

No, I truly don’t understand. All you mention (except for paid instigators disrupting rallies) sounds to me like appropriate political activity–like an engaged electorate.

You continue to chastise the left for engaging in appropriate political protest. That puzzles me.

You’ve made all good points. But, I will still fall on the side of him picking a conservative Judge. As for him running for a second term. Once they get the taste of power they usually want to go for another run. LBJ didn’t in 1968 and he is the only modern day President who chose not to. But then again Vietnam took its toll him.

One thing for sure we won’t have long to wait to see who’s right.

I will try to spell it out to you again. But in all seriousness I think you know exactly what I mean. The left is reacting or should I say over reacting to the Trump win at an unprecedented level. And far more than any conservative ever reacted to a democrat winning. If you disagree with this then you are either not paying attention (that can’t be it you are well informed individual), or you are just playing dumb in order to keep this worthless debate going. Not that I don’t enjoy it…

So stop with the straw man attack. I am NOT saying it is inappropriate. DID IT? no…AND you now that.

It’s actually funny to watch and I am enjoying seeing the left meltdown.

I think it’s debatable whether the Left’s reaction to Trump’s election is more disproportionate than that of the Right’s reaction to Obama’s. (This is especially true if one factors in the controversy surrounding Trump’s election, an element not present in either of Obama’s wins.) But given that ‘reaction level’ is not the sort of variable one can readily quantify, it’s a debate not easily settled.

What puzzles me is your sneering at Americans exercising their right to assemble and protest–as quintessential an American act as there is. To his great credit, VP-elect Pence recognized this when he was booed by the crowd while attending Hamilton. As the boos rained down, he turned to his kids and said “That’s what freedom sounds like.” Good on you, Mr. VP-elect.

What’s next–you going to start dissing mom and apple pie? :astonished:

That you don’t distinguish the differences between appropriate political protest and disruption bothers me.

Ha ha okay my friend.

It was fun…

Peaceful civil disobedience is a legitimate form of political protest.

If you can’t recognize that the left is in full meltdown. More so than at any other time and more than the right ever was. And if you can’t recognize that I did not say they didn’t have a right to do it but just want to point it out. Time for me to walk away…or this goes for 78 pages and then I throw up.

I guess that’s it for me.

Go fix someone’s eyes for heaven sakes…you are spending way too much time attempting to defend the wacky left.

Ha ha enjoy :smile:

Shh…let him think that what the left is doing is oh so normal and has been done after every single Presidential election. He wants to believe that and dog gone it he’s a good guy LET HIM BELIVE IT.

If that is what was happening I would agree, but it was not.

There were people getting blocked up in traffic for hours just trying to get home from work, various incidents of property damage and sporadic violence.

It’s not the right to turn entire metropolitan areas into a roving episode of The Maury Povich show.

I do not of course condone property damage and/or violence.

Do you condone obstruction of peoples ability to pass freely and unmolested on roads and highways?

What you see as spirited exercise of their rights, I see as trampling everybody elses.

1 Like