Trump Tests Positive for COVID-19

Yeah I guess that kinda goes without saying. But yeah not being a demented nursing home resident with multiple comorbidity does a lot for your chances of recovery I would imagine.

I wasnā€™t implying that you wish for Trump to die, Iā€™m just curious as to what could potentially happen. There is a good chance he wont even develop symptom at all anyway.

They donā€™t want the vaccines for themselves and their kids, but I have yet to hear of anyone calling for an outright ban. Of course anything is possible these days so who knows.

Your comments are too early, unless he actually gets sick the fact that he is infected is pretty much irrelevant. But hereā€™s a thought, maybe he didnā€™t even test positive at all and this is some kind of publicity stunt to prove that even for an elderly man like him the virus ainā€™t shit.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Yeah but the average life expectancy in the US is only 78.6 years so statistically heā€™s almost dead anyway. Being older is a risk factor in itself, but a large part of the reason for so many older people dying is that they are much more likely to have pre-existing health issues. If Trump has nothing going on except for carrying some extra fat then he should be fine.

I imagine his checkups go something like thisā€¦

Gotta hand it to him though. He seems more robust than most men in their 70s.

Empathy+not having to lose another debate+not talking/tweetingā€¦his approval ratings and election chances are going to see a bump no doubt.

Itā€™s 2020 and anything can happen, because everything and anything already has and keeps happening.
That being said, I am not ready to entertain conspiracies. The reality is that, despite his age and diet, heā€™s in pretty good shape, not perfect but average for most Americans. Heā€™s got the best medical care available. And as long as he feels up to executing his duties at a distance, he can do so.

If it becomes necessary and it may, Pence can take temporary control and become interim president if Trump is incapacitated. Section 4 of the 25th Amendment spells out what will happen.
Much to the chagrin of twitter, Trump will most likely be fine.

When did he say it was a hoax?

Conspiracy time: Trump is faking positive test to

1. distract attention away from his debate performance
  2. ā€œproveā€ he was right about the virus not being that bad, by showing how ā€œunaffectedā€ he is/was

Note: I donā€™t necessarily believe in this conspiracy theory, but am not ruling out the possibility

2 Likes

Maybe he just wants to use up his sick days. Most jobs you have to use them or lose them.

12 Likes

Ug, at least you led with ā€˜Conspiracy timeā€™.
I will say this, I do prefer the people rejoicing and wishing him a slow, painful, agonizing death over those who fake wish him well, when you know they barely can contain their excitement that the possibility he dies is raised.

1 Like

Which conspiracy? The leaders of BLM and many followers really are into witchcraft, do you doubt they would try to use it on Trump?

1 Like

I said this out loud the second it hit the wire. Itā€™s in his playbook.

What really happened with the debate? I didnā€™t watch it or pay much attention to what the news had to say because they are all biased one way or another. All I know is it became a childish argument and Biden told Trump to shut up.

Do I doubt they have and continually try to use it on Trump? No. The veracity and effectiveness of Witchcraft is another matter altogether.
Now, that doesnā€™t mean I think Wicca is all bunk, quite the opposite. But I am not sure about their ability to psychically stream negative ju ju towards the President or anyone else.

They was that stuff is supposed to work is they summon demonic spirits to afflict the victim in various ways.

Go to the 2020 Presidential Debates thread for all your debate , uh, news and thoughts.
It was, what I thought it would be, a brawl. Entertainment value through the roof, but largely unwatched.

1 Like

Well, if it worked that way Trump would have been a goner a long time ago.

He has the worldā€™s top witch doctors on his team

2 Likes

Depends on the degree to which Democrats f up the messaging. I think something like, ā€œTrumpā€™s recklessness exposed him and his family to the virus. Do you really trust him to protect your family,ā€ would be a start. Democrats are the masters of unforced errors though.

I donā€™t think this is outside the realm of possibility either. Trumpā€™s approval tends to go up the less Americans hear from him. Not sure about #1 on your list though. I mean, did Trumpā€™s debate performance win over many moderate, suburban women in swing states? Probably not. But, it did fire up the base, which was enough to win in 2016. So, by that measure, I think Trump considers the debate a success.

1 Like

It is an interesting question as to what happens if he falls gravely ill through election day. Does he remain the candidate?

Most likely he comes out of it with mild or no symptoms. I donā€™t believe in the conspiracy theory that heā€™s faking it, but I do think theyā€™d downplay the severity of his symptoms if they feel the need to. I think any candidate from either party would do the same in this situation so thatā€™s not a slam on Trump.

His risk factors:

1. Heā€™s male and males account for 54% of deaths from COVID-19
  2. Heā€™s obese. His BMI is over 30 officially and quite likely higher as he lies about his height. Obese people are 44% more likely to die from COVID-19. Among nearly 17,000 patients hospitalized for coronavirus in the U.S., more than three-quarters were obese. Sidenote: Although I donā€™t think Trump has handled the pandemic well, heā€™s not at fault for this countries obesity epidemic which is one of the reasons our death rate is so high.
  3. Heā€™s 74 years old. People 65-74 are 5 times more likely to be hospitalized and 90% more likely to die from the virus than younger people.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-02/trump-s-age-and-weight-make-covid-particularly-dangerous

2 Likes

That argument wouldnā€™t get them far, too many pro-lockdown pro-mask people got infected too. Canadian dictator Justin Trudeau-Castro and his wife had it in the spring. There really isnā€™t much you can do to effectively prevent yourself from getting the virus other than staying inside your house all alone, surgical masks offer limited protection and cloth masks are basically useless. You would need a properly fitted N95 mask for any significant degree of protection, but you need the proper resources to be fitted for one and you wonā€™t have than unless you work in healthcare.

At the start of this, in Canada we were told that 60-70% of the population was expected to eventually be infected. The supposed death rate at that time was around 10x higher than what it now appears to be, but this was still seen as acceptable by the government and medical establishment. Now it turns out that the virus isnā€™t nearly as bad as previously thought but we have to stop the spread at all costs. The only word to describe this is coronaphobia.

2 Likes