Trump: Starting Re-Election BID

Next time just say I can’t do it and it will save time.

Do you have any graduate-level education?

You want me to defend one side of the (ridiculous) binary decision but you refuse to defend the other.

I asked what Trump thought the role of government is and what he stood for. Your answer was lets talk about something else.

And with that pathetic response I’ll just laugh and point at the retard.

Not sure I would question someone else’s education with that nonsensical remark. Laugh and point and the retard?

So you still can’t do it. Attacking me doesn’t change that fact but your inability to answer questions is noted

He seems to hit about 45* from each side of center on the political half pie chart thingy. 90* out of 180* is plenty to win. Leave the loons on each far side to their own, and maybe throw out a few bones every so often to appeal to the far right.

It just boggles the mind. The repubs are proposing “simplified O-care”. They will end up leaving the entitlement in place just 10% or so less. The two parties really are one in the same at this point. Might as well vote for WWE wrestlers at this poiint. I think a Dwayne Johnson/Stone Cold Steve Austin ticket would be fun.

We have achieved idiocracy.

4 Likes

But sides, brother, you gotta love your side

1 Like

You are forgetting the dismantling of Medicaid under the proposed Senate plan. That represents an enormous change, one that will decimate healthcare for poor, elderly and disabled Americans.

1 Like

I haven’t had time to read a quality synopsis of the Bill. If they are going for socialized medicine short of Universal it should be one system for all. Not one system for the poor, a separate system for the elderly, yet another system for the people with jobs and another for government employees.

I have zero faith in any politician of any party to come up with a workable solution. I’m just going to have to get wealthy enough to pay ala carte.

1 Like

You haven’t read it

I don’t understand. Why do you feel it must be ‘all or nothing’ so far as universal health care is concerned? Why not universal basic (‘Chevy’) care, appropriately rationed (death-paneled, if you like), but with the option to purchase additional (‘Cadillac’) coverage on the open market? Why not also have fee-for-service? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Different coverage options are fine. But if you want quazi government subsidized/controlled healthcare there should be one government agency that oversees all the programs.

Under Obamacare there’s
Medicaid: for the poor, largest growth with ACA.
Medicaire: for the old (sicker)
Marketplace: (subsidized and not, for people without healthcare at a job)
Employer based plans
Private Market

Now if the whole point of insurance is risk pools… getting low risk people paying into the same pool as high risk people then why have such a fragmented setup? How many government employees does it take to administer laws and tax credits etc over dozens of different programs each with their own rules?

Put everything under one tent is where I was headed.

1 Like

OK, so you’re talking administrative efficiency. I gotcha now.

It doesn’t cost that much. The only real drawback is that employers don’t comp you for what your plan through them is worth as non cash compensation. Its either take it or leave it (at least in my experience).

My Gram did the option of covering out of pocket what medicare refused. The last maybe 10 years cost about $2.5 mil.

Edit: I know what you mean here, I just can’t resist a perfect Austin Powers setup.

It’s been about 8 years and I think my grandma’s 3 days in ICU was 90,000

My oldest daughter was born 6 weeks early due to preeclampsia. After an emergency C section and 11 days in the NICU, the grand total came to just north of 110k. Fortunately at the time our insurance covered most of it. My current (work sponsored) Aetna insurance would have covered 80% of it after we met our deductible.

God bless capitalism.

Umm. Without a whole lotta capitalism your kid might not have made it. Somebody has to make the NICU facilities, gloves, tables etc…

On second thought, no political points made with people’s sick kids. Sorry.

1 Like

I went to the doctor, I said, “Doctor, I got shingles.”

He tried to sell me aluminium siding!

3 Likes