Trump: Starting Re-Election BID

I don’t care so much about flip flops. More information and compromise tend to do that. Hard headed ideology is far more dangerous

So what do you think Trump stands for? What does he actually think the role of government is? Because I have no idea.

Most people in any type of organization desire a leader with a clear vision about where they want to go and how to get there. Trump is a 100% wild card

What does HRC stand for?

Hillary Rodham Clinton.

(Just bustin’ your chops, SB…!)

2 Likes

Well played, sir. Well played.

In 2016? The status quo.

He loves the ra ra fests thats 4 sure… Also besides attention he loves money… Wouldnt be shocked to see those funds go bye bye.

Yup Dems are toast unless They get behind a guy like Corey Booker… Only chance Dems have is a more moderate candidate of color preferably… Why reinvent the wheel… Personally I’d rather see a Indy or a Libertarian but that wont happen in my lifetime

1 Like

Corey Booker was my hoped-for veep pick in 2016. Instead, Clinton went with the pleasant-but-utterly-uninspiring Kaine. Just another of the many strategic errors made by her campaign.

Yup she was as exiting as a bowl of oatmeal… Hey but on the plus side you now have more excitment than you know what to do with. The comedy is fantastic Bill Maher show has never been so good

2 Likes

I really hope they elect a POC.

With the top 3 positions being non whites, the white vote for the Democrats will almost completely dry up

Trump isn’t unusual - many autocrats, would be autocrats and pathological narcissists love constant campaigning. It’s fun - frenzied supporters chanting your name, massive media coverage… Governing is boring. It’s just a lot of meetings, minutiae, compromises and tough decisions, especially if you’re holding office in a democracy with checks and balances.

Fidel Castro’s rule over Cuba was basically just one big campaign - mass rallies all over the country, five hour television addresses and thousands of women bedded during these “trips”.

The former president of Ecuador, Rafael Correa (also a huge Trump fan), was another fan of constant campaigning - he even pioneered the use of Twitter for unrestrained lunacy, even reading tweets from “haters” during his rallies and responding to them from the pulpit. He routinely accused the CIA of “hacking” his Twitter and other social media accounts, not to mention his peddling of Alex Jones-y conspiracy theories.

And that was two years before Trump even announced he’s running for President.

Here’s another one - thanks to its President (well, Prime minister) Serbia is in campaign season non-stop for the last three years, as President Vucic is calling snap elections every six months despite his party having obtained absolute majority in the previous election.

He’s so addicted to campaigning that he ran for President (as the current head of government) last month and won. He introduced the “underdog vs deep state” trope - despite controlling all branches of government, the media outlets and a round-the-clock presence in the news cycle, he was able fire up his supporters with cryptic allusions about how “they tried to thwart his plans for the country”

These are just two gregarious examples, showing that there’s nothing new under the sun - all populist elements of Trump’s campaign have been tried and tested in the various national arenas of public opinion, it’s just that it has never been done on such a grand scale, as the office of the POTUS.

5 Likes

HRC was a horrible candidate and it’s a crying shame that the Dems and Repubs gave the country these two choices. In no way have I ever on here supported her at all.

I’m guessing by wanting to talk about her though you can’t answer the question which is ok. I don’t think even Trump knows what he stands for

1 Like

If you were half as obsessed with women as you are colors we could get you with one

1 Like

You got it with your first paragraph and lost it with your second.

So you can’t put into words what Trump stands for? Ok

You may be the dumbest person on this site.

Can you read?

And then the personal attack. So you can’t do it.

No really. You’re that stupid. You presented a false dichotomy.

I asked what Trump thought the role of the government is and you’ve been dodging ever since. Typical Trump supporter try to ask about him and the answer is always Obama or Hilary.

You can’t answer the question but you can change the topic!

Keep digging, short bus