Trump: Starting Re-Election BID

They would make a very interesting POTUS/VPOTUS ticket…

The weird thing is… in a world where policy doesn’t really drive votes I think they would do well, similar to how Trump’s policy positions away from traditional GOP didn’t hurt him. I’m not sure what their specific policy positions would be or currently are.

Either way I REALLY hope they don’t throw up a far lefty like Bernie or Warren and make it Trump vs. far-left, but have a feeling that will happen.

I don’t know if that was directed at me or not…but I personally don’t give a shit where Trump get’s his ego stroked…whether it’s from Moscow or Trumpkins in Iowa.

With that said…it is worthy of discussion on a POLITICAL Forum that a new President is beginning his re-election BID so soon.

2 Likes

Mufasa is 100% Right about college campuses. There are plenty of anti social justice warriors out there too.

1 Like

I took part in an empty holster protest in 2006 I think. All the pro CC students wore empty holsters to protest that Pitt was a “gun free zone” where we couldn’t carry. Oddly enough the guy that got all the cash from the lockboxes in the cafeteria was allowed to carry a 357. We can use guns to protect cash, but not ourselves.

1 Like

Does Spock have a beard?

2 Likes

Trump is probably just hoping to funnel as much money as he can into his offshore accounts before he has to flee the country. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

(Now paules! You are bringing out my inner nerd!)

It actually was Kelsey Grammar (“Frasier”) as a Star Fleet Captain who had been caught in a Causality Loop for more than 300 years!

(In terms of the Alternative Universe…I thought the emotional, bearded Spock was pretty cool!)

It a re-election bid? Since when?

Since yesterday.

If you think everything he does is demagoguery, then chances are you can’t identify demagoguery

He’s been holding post election rallies since December.

Seems relevant to the discussion. Moderates and the center need to come back. If not it will continue to be a pissing contest where both sides elect more and more extreme candidates where the litmus test is not what they can do but how much they hate the other side

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/06/22/a_call_to_revive_americas_political_center_134248.html

1 Like

raj:

There is a difference between a rally, and an official, re-election fund raiser.

Trump had his first official re-election fund-raiser yesterday.

1 Like

That’s just it though. Trump held so many positions heretical to Republicans and still got elected (gay marriage, abortion, healthcare etc). For all intents and purposes Trump is a centrist. Which is a weird thing to say.

1 Like

Okay I didn’t know that.

Trump’s campaign tactics have been unorthodox from the beginning it seems pretty in line with what he does.

Collecting while his base is hot for him seems like a smart play

I would get behind any movement that could tame the extremes that are driving the narrative right now.

I’ll give Trump credit where credit is due. He was BORN to campaign. He clearly doesn’t enjoy governing very much, but his campaigning makes most career politicians look like city council members.

How the hell did you decide he hates governing

I find it odd that a lot of opinions of Trump and his decisions start from a place of mind reading.

He does X because He’s insecure