Trump/Paul and the First Amendment

Respectfully, I would ask that you never support an armed conflict again for any reason regardless of the context. Asking people to die for a cause without being willing to join the ranks is, imo, the ultimate form of cowardice.

Not really. It is is simply the division of labor.

It’s a division of the risk (that is, unless you risk your life at work. I don’t really know what you do)

If I wanted dangerous work, I’d have been a logger.

Guess when they let me abstain from contributing to the military for the expressed purpose of having a standing professional military, I won’t have any expectations.

I don’t want to train to jump out of a plane or helicopter, march/run miles and upon miles, all to kill Osama Bin Laden. I still support that operation that took him out. And won’t apologize.

That’s a deeeep question.
I don’t think we need to compare people to decide what is bad or good. We know Saddam and his ruthless family were infamously evil because they did a lot of evil shit. Verifiable terrible things to many, many people.
That does not make anybody else less guilty, it’s just the wrong question.

Was Saddam bad enough to focus on and forcibly remove from power? Yup.

Should we be in the evil dictator removal process? Sometimes.

Assad is high on my list of people needing removal. We should have removed him we had the chance.
Unfortunately, nobody was down with my plans for full scale invasion of Syria. That’s what it would have taken.

I’d do it. I’d be a SEAL if I had the talent and the skills. Most of that stuff sounds fun.
What I should have done is be an Air Force Pilot. I had the one God given advantage in my youth which was really good eye sight.
B2 bomber? yes please.

In this case, that’s not your call to make.

Well, I didn’t. Nobody consulted me I promise.

I’d learn a trade and accrue whatever benefits I could until my patience ran out. . Ask not what I can do for my country, but what it can do for me.

Sometimes with our support and blessing.

No, it’s a defense for hypocrisy. “It’s ok for someone to go kill and/or die for something I believe in strongly enough that makes people killing and dying morally acceptable but I won’t get my hands dirty.”

I don’t want to die logging, but I still use wood products.

Become a Republican and you’ll get an answer.

No thank you.

Then allow me to not fund their paychecks, medical, and tuition. Then they can go die and kill for the love of country. Instead of it for the reimbursement.

If trees were people you might have formulated a better argument.

With that said, it’s one thing if a person in physically unable to go fight and it’s another to say that whether or not he was able he wouldn’t fight.

What?

But I don’t want to be a service member They do.

I don’t want to be a logger, a police officer, or a service member.