Trump/Paul and the First Amendment

Indeed. He’s only trolling, after all.

1 Like

@NickViar

As zecarlo stated…I always thought of him as being somewhat of an “enlightened” Politician who was a critic of both ends of the Political Spectrum…and just appeared to not be a part of the “business as usual” crowd in Washington. (Note: I am no where near being an expert on his Libertarian views),

He CERTAINLY was a critic of both candidate AND President Trump.

Now he is sounding more and more like a Trump Toadie, ready to pucker-up every time Trump shows his ass…

Maybe I didn’t really understand him or his views in the first place?

That’s definitely a possibility.

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Words did not equal actions, eh?

Stock market is doing fantastic so your point doesn’t work here.

Have you guys noticed how the other Senator from Kentucky (McConnell) is keeping himself free of all the chaos and has in an amazing show of political savvy, kept himself out of Trump’s Cross hairs?

McConnell is no dummy…

Has that happened or is that hyperbole?

Not sure I take the point of your whataboutism here.

Tell it to the companies that took stock market hits when Trump slagged them.

Speaking of trolls…

1 Like

My point is actions are more important than words. Not whataboutism.

Which companies specifically?

And for the record, I’m not saying none of his words matter because they do but it’s not as black and white as you may think. It was just a comment to @Mufasa and how to keep the blood pressure under check.

For example:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021784726217142273?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1021784726217142273&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhotair.com%2Farchives%2F2018%2F07%2F24%2Ftrump-im-concerned-russia-will-try-meddle-midterm-campaign-help-democrats%2F

That’s master class trolling.

3 Likes

It wasn’t made, then.

https://www.investors.com/news/technology/trump-washington-post-amazon-stock/

Not my problem. Spelled it out nicely for you.

Because he is like most people. If he agrees with something Trump does he is happy, if he disagrees then he’ll criticize. Ben Shapiro is the same way. They are only concerned about what concerns them. The thing is, a talking head like Shapiro who only needs to appeal to those who pay his bills can think that way but it’s not a good trait for someone in a leadership position. A leader, and Paul wanted/wants to be president, is judged by the totality of his actions. A good leader, if he does something that the other side doesn’t like, knows how to do it so as not to build resentment. He explains why he makes certain decisions. He doesn’t make those who disagree seem irrelevant. Trump just gives those who disagree the finger. But this is our nation today. Too many people choose who they listen to by who that person pisses off.

How about being flat-out wrong about Trump’s effect on the stock price of specific companies? Is that your problem?

Yeah ofc it happened. Bout a dozen times iirc, but the stock market has acclimated so we bearly see movement from his tweets anymore

Cockroaches know how to survive.

1 Like

It may be possible that he disagrees with Trump when he feels it warranted, and agrees with him when he feels that is warranted.

1 Like

I was genuinely curious about what companies. I don’t know enough about the situation regarding anti trust laws and Amazon so I won’t engage in your specific case(did Amazon’s stock bounce back?) but I never doubted he can have an affect on markets. Just that the stock market is doing the best it’s ever done.

My point of actions being more important than words still stands, that’s why I stated the “keep your doctor,” point.

A simple comment to @Mufasa has to be stretched so far. Trump is on an island in your head, man.

If this has happened, shame on Trump. Just seems a little hyperbolic is all.

I’m on PTO this week but remind me like Friday or this weekend if you’re interested. With the temporary spikes and dips from early Trump tweets it was resulting in billions of ‘moved value’ as the stock would inevitably mostly recover when people realized the bluffness

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks man.

Never underestimate the isolationist tendencies of libertarians. He’d rather we cozy up to evil dictators than spend blood and treasure in the ME/Ukraine etc…

As for Trump he views things like a CEO would. In business, you dissent publicly you’re fired. Brennan calls Trump a traitor, loses his clearance.

How many of Bezos’ employees speak out against him publicly without repercussion? Trump is thinned skinned and needs yes men. Nothing new.

Dumb as a bag of hair. But note: all this activity of removing security clearances and yapping at Iran (in ALL CAPS, which under Article XII of the Constitution means I’m serious as a heart attack, bro) coincides with the newsworthy event of Cohen having recordings - meaning, Trump’s actions are nothing but smokescreen to distract and try and get something else in the headlines. In other words, it’s a clumsy attempt to control the news cycle and steer it away from bad news for him.

And no idea what’s happening with Rand Paul. He’s always been unimpressive to me, and the fine people of the great state of Kentucky should do better - and it seems he really wants his name in the news.

There’s no legit reason to revoke security credentials. But that’s not the point - distraction is the point.

3 Likes