Trump Inauguration Thread

I actually like the idea of using drivers licenses as one ID for having to vote. Military ID’s could be used as well I suppose.

I know that if you look like you are under 21 and want a drink (certainly not my problem) you will be asked for an ID. But then I guess voting isn’t as important as drinking…no wait

But you do not know that they are NOT doing that as long as there are no voter ID laws.

By the way my friend I think that is where Trump is heading with his charge that x number of people voted illegally.

No reconciliation is necessary, because those things don’t contradict. He was insecure before the purported “assault” on him and his family.

Moreover, narcissists are by nature insecure, but don’t resort to reclusion - their ego won’t allow it. They have to have the last word on all slights, real and perceived. And that’s Trump.

Through hot tears and 140 characters, Trump will waste enormous time and focus jumping at every shadow. And our nation is worse for it.

I’m sure no liberal Judge could be fair to you. I could say no conservative judge upholding stop and frisk would be fair to me…but I digress…and NY still uses the policy.

Thanks for the armchair psychology. When you make a billion or so you can claim he has amateur status. In the meantime, I’ve heard the words like “amateur” and “stupid” from internet experts one to many times to give it any credence. Besides, that rank amateur has outplayed not only the establishment Republicans when everyone said it wouldn’t happen, but then won the presidency against the Democrats who fell in line behind their anointed professional. Keep ranting.

1 Like

How many of them voted for him? Right now he is hedging that they all voted for Clinton. Conservatives would never play by the same rules liberals do – Sounds legit, sounds fair, sounds like Trump.

I am curious to see what his federal investigation finds.

Voter cards are free.
The complaint is documentation to get said id cost less than 1 month of cell phone service and that is too onerous. Indigent provisions waive fees if genuinely unable to pay.

There are likely more advocates for waiving id to vote than there are examples of would be voters being suppressed

In NC they allowed you to bring a utility bill with your name and address on it…along with a few other exceptions if I remember correctly.

Utility bill, bank statement, pay check, or government document with your name and address on it.

On another note can I call this “Right Wing Drivel,” right? @zeb1

Where I’m from, I am not obligated to buy into any idea of Trump’s expertise, especially in a field in which he has no experience (public service is not business), and when I see such amateurism with my own lying eyes, I will gladly point it out. Doing so isn’t “armchair psychology” - it’s professional criticism. I know amateurism when I see it in this kind of stuff - that you don’t, or more specifically can’t, isn’t my problem to fix.

They allowed a vastly larger array of IDs in addition to the free ID they gave:
The acceptable forms of ID include:

A Georgia driver’s license, even if expired, or a Georgia photo voter ID card;
Any state or federal government-issued photo ID (which includes a student ID issued by the Georgia state college system);
A U.S. passport;
An employee photo ID from any branch or department of the federal government or Georgia state or local government;
A U.S. military photo ID; or
A tribal photo ID

Sounds more fair compared to the random restrictions in other States I alluded to earlier.

That’s funny TB

1 Like

Before joining Heritage in 2008, von Spakovsky served two years as a member of the Federal Election Commission, the authority charged with enforcing campaign finance laws for congressional and presidential elections, including public funding.

Previously, von Spakovsky worked at the Justice Department as counsel to the assistant attorney general for civil rights, providing expertise in enforcing the Voting Rights Act and the Help America Vote Act of 2002.

You decide…

Based on the track record of those with experience in public service thats a positive not a negative.

You are a smart man!

That is inconsequential. As I have already stated he is doing this as a precursor to promote voter ID laws. You never look at what a politician is doing as much as you look at what comes next.

Yes, our country is so awful and screwed up that you… decided to immigrate here.

1 Like

The only problem with not limiting the type of ID is that it makes it easier to come up with fake ID’s.

This is my Zumba gold ID…it’s good…it is…honest.

Yes. The part you keep glossing over is, there is no in-person voter fraud problem in this country. Thus, voter-ID laws are a solution in search of a problem. Further, the fact that these laws are 1) being zealously pursued by the party not favored by minorities (read: Republicans); 2) are being coupled with other legislative efforts specifically designed to suppress minority voting (see Carolina, North); 3) utterly ignore the real (albeit modest) problem of absentee-voter fraud (because much of the GOP base prefers to vote absentee, and thus the GOP is loathe to do anything that renders absentee voting even slightly inconvenient); and 4) Republican lawmakers have admitted publicly that these laws are designed to suppress minority turnout; all indicate that…Yes, Republicans are trying to suppress minority voter turnout.

Ironically, these efforts will ultimately prove to be the GOP’s undoing. The demographics of this country are becoming more and more brown, and rather than embrace this fact, the GOP is doing everything it can to sustain its ‘get elected by appealing to angry old white men’ strategy–hence the voter-suppression efforts. But those old white men ain’t getting any younger, and they’re not reproducing. So some election soon, the years and years that the GOP has engendered resentment among people of color by suppressing their voter turnout is going to come back to haunt them.

Consider: The GOP’s electoral-college map has Texas as its anchor. If the GOP loses Texas, it cannot win a POTUS election. Unfortunately for the GOP, white folk will soon be outnumbered in Texas by Latinos:

(Note that this doesn’t include Texas’ AA population numbers, and they ain’t exactly happy with the GOP either.)

So, if the GOP continues to alienate Hispanics with its xenophobic policies, in the not-too-distant future, expect to see Texas flip from Red, to Purple, and then to Blue. And if–when?–that happens, say goodbye to the GOP’s chances of winning another presidency.