Trump Inauguration Thread

Thanks. I’m certainly enjoying your rants.

Sorry, but it seems you don’t understand the difference between two heads of state negotiating in an official setting and private individuals ingratiating themselves with foreign dictators?

Was Ronald Reagan paid to attend the May Day parade on Moscow’s Red Square? (the equivalent of RT gala dinner) Didn’t think so…

If you’re paid to appear in a propaganda setting with a dictator (bizarrely, alongside Jill Stein and people with Hezbollah links) that’s not “business as usual” not matter how you try to spin it.

Oh don’t you worry about me, I’ll be fine.

The “I’m gonna fuck up everything so that people I disagree with get angry on the internet” mindset elected Trump in the first place.

“I burned my house down tonight so that my liberal neighbor can’t sleep with all that fire and smoke. He’ll be so angry in the morning! Tee-hee-hee-heee”

You are an entertainingly angry muppet.

I hope you’ve made as much as I have on your portfolio since the election. Oh, yea, you’re right. Burning it all down . . .

1 Like

And what you do not understand my friend is that as a business person the best possible individual that you can have negotiating with someone for something that you want is someone who already has a relationship with that specific individual.

If I want to purchase a piece of land the best person to help me out is someone who knows the potential seller. It’s done all the time in business at ever level.

I know you want to make politcal hay out of this. But, the best choice fo SOS is Tillerson!

Again, time will prove me correct. And if it does no one will say a word…that’s how it works here at T Nation political threads. But if I’m wrong I will be here for you to say “see I told you so”.

But…I won’t be wrong

We actually had two firsts.

The first time we elected a rabble rousing community organizer…who happened to be black. And the first time we elected a successful business man who happens to know what he’s doing.

I know he doesn’t speak in complete sentences oh my gosh the nerve of the man.

You guys will understand it about one year from now…You won’t admit it but you WILL undestand

Oh, come on. Loppar is the ultimate Middle Eastern and Russian businessman, and has met “assorted creeps/government functionaries and businessman from a wide variety of the world’s shitholes.” That clearly supports his claim that he knows more than “about half the President’s team.” Besides, Russia “posted a spectacular comeback on November 8th.” You gotta believe, man. You gotta believe. No evidence, mind you. He’s Jesus f’ing Chris himself. Believe.

I’d find it more believable if someone suggested that Saudi Arabia has penetrated and compromised America’s intelligence than Russia.

Why didn’t Trumps travel ban not include Saudi Arabia the Nationality of most of the 9/11 hijackers?

Boom

Here, have some of my Axis-of-evil dates, Mr. international businessman who’s all giddy because the Dow broke the 20k barrier. It seems that unlike you, I think a little bit ahead with my portfolio.

The best dates in the world, ideal post workout.

Flynn’s been busy…

I can’t believe that you’re finally asking the right question.

Does any point not go over your head? Nice dates by the way. I’m sure I’m not alone in saying we are all very impressed down here.

The night of the election I was watching TV (my bad) and was very worried…

The next day, I was phoning my friends and telling them that if I had known how the markets would respond, I might’ve actually voted for the guy LMAOOOOOLLLLL!!!

I’m selfish, shoot me.

1 Like

That’s the point I was making. Thank you. I’d love to be able to predict the future, but unlike another fellow, I know my limitations and I don’t pretend to be JFHC. I also know that I know my area of expertise incredibly well, but again, that doesn’t make me smarter than everyone else. Funny enough though, for all the prognostication about Trump burning this country down, all those investment managers pumping cash into the markets don’t think it’s happening anytime soon. Now, next week? Who the f’ck knows . . .

But dates. We gotta have some yummy dates because photos of dates prove a level of knowledge above Trump’s team. Or some such nonsense.

Edit. For the record, I was worried the night of the election, and I’m still worried. We are watching a major shift in politics and I (like the markets) love stability. That said, there is so much wrong about what we are doing as a country, and so much denial regarding it, that something must change.

[quote=“sunnbeaches105, post:294, topic:225493, full:true”]
Oh, so sorry to put you in a tizzy, but I had a board meeting and a client to attend to. You do amuse me though. Let me know when you come across actual evidence. I suspect you can’t tell the difference between evidence and speculation. What you posted is proof of that. [/quote]

Congratulations on this informative list of a pair of things you did today, but my observation about your not having clicked the provided link had nothing to do with whether or not you’d had the time to review the evidence and everything to do with the fact that you chose to burden the rest of us with your analysis (here I use the term loosely, obviously) of the evidence despite the obvious fact that you hadn’t reviewed it. One of two things is required for a person to impugn as “speculation” a set of material he hasn’t bothered to look at: stupidity or fraudulence. I’m confident that you’re working with at least a little bit of both, but only with your continued cooperation will we be able to come to an educated guess as to which is bearing the greater share of your invertebrate, dull-eyed apathy in the face of an attack on your country the size and scope of which you are not even half-interested in discovering.

[quote]
According to your first article (and other reports I’ve read), the investigation started last spring . . . And? Did you get the part about obvious errors and that the report had not been corroberated? [/quote]

This – and the drivel that came after it – is little more than a tour of your inability to grasp the basic facts and chronology of the matter about which you’ve chosen to become Mad Online today. You keep returning to the Steele memo: a puzzling impulse, given that I have cited explicit evidence in support of the proposition that the gravamen of the Trump-Russia case has nothing whatsoever to do with the work of Christopher Steele. Remember the part about intelligence collected by our own agencies? About evidence brought to us by agents working in the Baltics? About probable cause?

This is not to say that the Steele memo is totally useless: there are portions of it that are not only credible (and corroborated by case officers belonging to the most sophisticated intelligence community on Earth) but that also line up strikingly well with events that have taken place after the fact (see Oleg Erovinkin…and what was going in his workplace just before his death). Hilariously, you claim Cohen as evidence in your favor, despite the fact that both of Cohen’s alibis were lies: he claimed that he’d never been to Prague (he has, and incidentally his passport, of which he stupidly tweeted a picture in the wake of the Steele revelations, wouldn’t prove anything because of the Schengen-Area policy and its implications for his alleged visit to Italy during the summer]); and he claimed to have been in Los Angeles from the 23rd of August on (this despite the curious fact that he tweeted, with geolocation enabled, from Newark on the 24th – that’s Newark, as in the city where the international airport is). Also note that even if Cohen is innocent and his defense was faulty as a result of mere stupidity, the Prague meeting was explicitly designated the lowest-confidence allegation in the memos.

But let’s drop Steele for now (again, the OBI dossier has precious little to do with the investigations into illicit Trump-camp contact with Russians). In fact, let’s drop the whole thing. I’ve been around this block ten or eleven times on these boards, and you’re more interested in translating the numinous pronouncements of the pigeons nearby than getting an accurate read of the lay of the land. Because in the end, your guy is an avowed and despicably-dishonorable Putinite…who’s spent a humiliating year lying about everything from the Russian money in his financial history to whether or not he’s met old Vladimir to Russia’s assault on Aleppo to the unprecedented GRU sabotage of American democracy that was designed to help elect him…and now he says NATO is “obsolete” and maybe Estonia doesn’t given him collective-defense vibes and maybe he doesn’t like the look of those sanctions dragging the Russian economy down as punishment for its dangerous and anachronistic revanchism (more on this front as soon as tomorrow, according to the rumor)…

…and you don’t give a shit. You and zeb and the other pitiable, spineless quislings with whom patriots are regrettably forced to share political power in the United States of America – you don’t even want to know why all of this impossible coincidence has gathered around the the White House. So I guess all that’s left to be said is do svidaniya.

2 Likes

You know what? That’s an alternative fact you just said.

I posted the picture as a response to you because you were questioning my ME/Russian business credentials. The dates are an appropriate level of disclosure for an anonymous internet message board.

I also have some ideas where the Dow may go, hopefully I’ll be proven wrong. That’s a game you don’t play in the short run.

Holy fuck. I must be a magician. I was able to read articles without clicking through them on T-Nation. I even quoted them. When you all come up with evidence let me know. In the meantime, you can rant into the internet, insult anyone you like, and pretend whatever you like. I’ll continue to enjoy my portfolio performance and attend to my job. God I love you people!

Yep. Heard from Moscow that an Executive order is coming on Saturday… I can’t believe I typed this sentence, like I’m in a cheap spy novel

1 Like

So a time stamped box of dates prove you’re smarter than Trump’s team?

The reason I even raised the business credentials issue was to see if the discussion could go to reasonable skepticism, an analysis of what is happening, some potential risks and pitfalls, and even some pauses to consider a new angle. I also wanted to see if you were worth my time. Now, I’m just entertained.

You and your friend up there are convinced you know Trump, that you’re smarter than everyone on his team, and that you can predict the future. You’ve already tried and convicted him of high treason. I mean hell, why even bother to discuss these things.? You got this, Jesus. It’s all you.

It doesn’t prove anything. It just implies I know something about these countries that feature prominently in US foreign policy, a claim you’ve ridiculed.

We’ll see if the Russia sanctions are lifted by an Executive order on Saturday, per Volodya’s request…