Trump Inauguration Thread

Q: What does a West Virginia boy call his half-sister?

A: Mom.

1 Like

Unless you count in “timidly questioning the more insane tenets of radical Islam on Twitter” as terrorism, then no - there is no atheistic terror in SA.

Sadly, I’m not speaking metaphorically:

Fight for Al-Qaeda/ISIS and you supposedly get 3 years (you’re “rehabilitated” well before that) - in a luxury spa/prison, proclaim yourself atheist and you lose your head:

Also, it’s worth noting that Saudis behead people not only for run-of-the-mill depravities such as having a Bible in your possession, suspected for being gay, atheist or a clandestine Christian (which bizarrely includes celebrating Valentine’s Day) but also for old school transgressions such as being, and I kid you not, a fucking witch.

I have to say that I can’t get into their head because it’s such a fucked up worldview, but my understanding is that they would let (or even prod) all these imbeciles that make the rank-and-file of ISIS (including the current leadership) die fighting for the establishment of the Caliphate and then those fat Saudis would take over the Caliphate and secure for themselves a place in Paradise, without renouncing coke and hookers beforehand.

1 Like

Well…

Why would you want to do that???!!!

:smiley:

Here’s a fucked up story I just remembered - it’s sort of related to this derailed thread.

During the 1950s Tangiers in Morocco was declared an International Zone and soon attracted many thousands of Westerners and many counter-culture literary luminaries from US and UK - Tennessee Williams, William Burroughs, Truman Capote, just to name a few.

They showered Tangiers with praise in their works declaring it “a tonic for body and soul” a “beautiful, enchanting and chaotic city in Morocco” and “singularly invigorating for literary work” among other things.

The late Moroccan writer Mohamed Choukri gave a slightly different perspective on Tangiers in the 50ies.

He described how as famine ravaged northern Morocco after WW2 thousands of starving, unemployed farmhands such as himself poured out of desperation into Tangiers looking to ward of starvation by any means necessary.

As a consequence, the price of a blowjob dropped down to a dime, and Westerners started pouring in.

This is how Choukri met all of these literary greats (he charged a quarter, according to his autobiography) and decided to become a writer himself, later becoming one of the greatest modern Arabic writers.

In the 80ies the Saudis started coming in, buying several 5-star hotels and shuttling back and forth between Tangiers and Riyadh for some weekend R&R.

Rumors are that some really fucked up stuff (for which the Saudis are willing to pay) is happening in those hotels…

Not gonna lie, him throwing a baseball was the first thing that came to my head, haha.

She lost me when she said something like the first time she’s ever been proud of her country is when her husband won the presidency.

Yeah…that says a lot… and nothing very good.

But it was fun watching her face contort during the Trump inauguration speech. Oh yes…

Yeah, but it was topped by him riding his little bicycle with a helmet on.

I don’t think Obama ever really understood perception and the power that a US President can have without ever launching a missile or putting boots on the ground. No one feared Obama. They took his measure on day one and then went about their business ignoring him.

1 Like

I finally realized why I like Trump even if he turns out to be a horrible president. If he does something bad I can agree with most of the country when he gets called out on it. If Hillary did the same I’d have to watch everyone defend her and how it actually a good action. Its much easier to be displeased with one person than millions.

1 Like

Plenty of truth.

Obama ended the embargo with Cuba and ended asylum for Cuban refugees. It seems that everyone but Cuban Americans was happy.

Trump won’t commmit to sanctions against Russia and cuts off immigration from specific countries. Press makes unsubstantiated claims about Trump being the Russian Manchurian Candidate. Everyone thinks he’s a Russian Manchurian Candidate.

Hillary joins the wackadoo Green Party in challenging the election results without any evidence. Then later shrinks away. People donate millions.

Trump makes claim of voter fraud without posting evidence. The press goes bonkers.

The press posts pictures of the turnout for the Trump inauguration released by the park service with speculation as to numbers the park service is not allowed to do. Trump challenges it. Press goes bonkers.

Press claims Trump removes the MLK bust in the Oval Office. Trump attacks. Press eats crow.

I think Trump is playing with the press by gaslighting them as much as they have been gaslighting the public.

Trump is an ass. He’s orange. He can’t string a sentence together without using “very,” “great” or “yuge.” I’m entertained and think we will at least see disagreements. Besides, I like watching people lose their collective minds over basic border security, pipelines (which are statistically safer than rail and truck, and necessary unless we build refineries closer to the source), whether people in other countries get abortions paid for by the US taxpayer, calling out a major spike in homicides in Chicago, or god forbid we actually try to improve our shitty school systems. I guess the far left’s alternative truth is to believe the US border should be open (because racist), we can all just use solar, we are not only the world’s police but their free doctor, that we can really care about poor minority neighborhoods without actually doing anything to protect the residents from violent crime, and that our schools are just dandy (while they send their kids to private schools).

3 Likes

That is a pretty good synopsis of our current state.

I’d like to know what comes out of the voter fraud thing. Doesn’t the counter to his claim also have no evidence? “Millions of illegals voted” is the same claim as “Few or no illegals voted”

This is a prime example of why Trump drives me nuts. He won fair and square. So who fucking cares? It’s a waste of time and money. If you’re worried about voter fraud deal with it before the next election, but he has nothing to base this on; except, that he lost the popular vote, which he obviously just can’t comprehend.

It’s the same thing with the crowd size. WHO GIVES A SHIT, lol…

3 Likes

No, because one cannot prove a negative. Thus, the burden is entirely on those who make the positive claim; ie, that illegal voting occurred.

Holy cow!! My friend, a superintendent at our county Vo-Tech, keeps badgering me to run for a school board seat. I had no idea people spent that kind of money on those races.

Crazy right? I’m sure there’s variation depending on where you live. I know my dad has never spent anywhere near that kind of money on a campaign in my home state.

For what it’s worth, I am very troubled by things like this - the petty disagreements and need to be right about things that a) don’t really matter or b) are outright obvious falsehoods that can be easily verified. On some of these things, I believe that DJT knows that he is wrong, but he benefits from waging a war on facts (the very existence of the phrase “alternative facts” from the mouth of his mouthpiece Conway is evidence of this, lol). It’s continuing to bang the YOU CAN’T TRUST THE MEDIA drum so that when we have discussions about facts that actually should matter, he has sufficiently desensitized people to this and gotten enough people on his side.

He’ll go out and do things like floating a trial balloon that he might create a panel on “vaccine safety and scientific integrity” that will be led by a known anti-vaccine activist with absolutely no credentials on either subject Two months ago, this gentleman launched an advocacy group called the World Mercury Project which debuted with a quote from RFK that likened vaccinating children to “assault and battery - it’s child abuse.” When Trump announced the appointment, the gentleman said “The science does matter and we ought to be reading the science and we ought to be debating the science.”

Here’s the thing: we have read the fucking science, and it has roundly and consistently and unanimously showed that vaccines do not cause autism. RFK has no interest in actually “reading the science” because there is almost 100% consensus on this issue, except in the breakaway crackpots who have realized that they personally can profit from the lie.

Point is, Trump is clearly smart enough to know that climate change exists, and vaccines don’t cause autism, and that the crowd size does not matter. He rants and raves about these things anyway because that’s part of his brand and he benefits from perpetuating this bullshit. He needs to maintain the illusion that the media is always lined up against him, and that you can’t really trust anyone or anything, because when something that really matters comes up - like, say, whether the President of the United States should have to open the books and show his tax returns so we know just how deep his conflicts of interest are - it’s just one more swordfight with the media.

Some of you may know the children’s story Matilda. At one point in the book, the protagonist is speaking with her teacher about the outrageous behavior of the school headmaster (who, in the book, does things like throwing children over the fence or making them stand in a locked closet on needles for hours on end) when her teacher says that the headmaster has figured out a great secret. If you’re going to be ridiculous, you’re better off going ALL THE WAY so no one really believes you or knows what to do with you. If you’re only HALF ridiculous, you can be more easily dismissed as a crackpot. But when you’re 100% nuts all the time, enough people start to buy into your shit that they wonder “Gee, maybe the media really IS making this up! They made up that other thing once, so maybe Trump is right that they’re all out for him!”

8 Likes

Fortunately, as I read in the Washington Post in 2015,* a careful study and survey revealed about 13% of illegal aliens also violate the law by voting, or about 1,950,000 illegal votes. That’s awful close to the 2,000,000 Donald is talking about.

This was, the authors found, sufficient to sway the 2008 presidential election and a number of other races.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261379414000973

• I’ll link when I have the time. I note the WP is being made fun of for ignoring its own, relatively recent, reporting of illegal voting.

That would be this study…

Correct, and the media are giving him gifts.

So far, on day 3 of the administration, we have:

Press lying about Nancy Sinatra being mad about her dad’s song being used by Trump-- the apologized to Nancy Sinatra

the fake MLK, Jr. bust story promoted by Time to try to make Trump look racist – Time apologized

media lying about crowd size to try to make Trump look not as grand as Obama – I think they’ve finally admitted they were wrong

ABC intentionally misquoted a Bush press secretary saying the Trump press secretary was bad – ABC apologized today

And now some bogus memo about CIA black sites with a Dan Rather fake memo to try to make Trump look like a torturer

In all, the media is doing a great job at proving they are biased about things big and small, and not remotely to be trusted.

Trump is correct. They ARE out to get him. And they will do it by any means necessary, including lying.

2 Likes