Trump: Historical Religious Figure?

Evangelicals came out for record numbers even before trump was the nominee. They have no credibility when it comes to pretending they actually care about the conduct of a leader. Then again when people think this how can you think they are capable of anything but worshipping orange. From Jerry Falwell Jr

POST: Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?

FALWELL: No.

l
FALWELL: Only because I know that he only wants what’s best for this country, and I know anything he does, it may not be ideologically “conservative,” but it’s going to be what’s best for this country, and I can’t imagine him doing anything that’s not good for the country.

In other words, in a rather literal sense, Falwell believes Trump can do no wrong. His support for the president is complete and unshakable.”

He wasn’t joking when he said he could kill someone and these people would still love him. Probably God’s plan. He doesn’t put anything in front of you you can’t ignore and vote for. No matter how much it would contradict your so called beliefs.

1 Like

Agree.

But many people obviously do, @Sloth

The wedding cake case. Little sisters of the poor. Hobby Lobby. Abortion. Etc. Those are why he gets the support of religious people. Opposition to a party that seems outright hostile. USSC picks.

2 Likes

Lol wouldn’t want those dirty poor people to take birth control. Don’t they know the only value they provide society is reproducing?

Others see the more important question as being “do we force people in their own businesses to provide contraceptive covering insurance by default.”

The insurance wasn’t for the poor the Sisters help (the kind of poor most lefties would step right over on their way to Starbucks).

So, yeah, between that, the remaining examples above, and a crap pop culture (parades out 11 year old drag queens on mainstream Tv)…It’s not exactly a mystery how Trump gets support from religious folk. The left, and the party associated with it, seems outright hostile.

Ussc picks, folks. No mystery.

It’s a very important question. After all how will we continue to stockpile welfare babies if hobby lobby doesn’t reject the vaticans heretical view on contraceptives.

The kind of poor most everybody**

This actually makes a lot of sense in reality. Cheating on your wife with a hooker is a major step up from the normal sexual encounters we see from evangelicals.

1 Like

What?

But the left is the side worried about nuns providing contraceptive coverage in their insurance plans (which was suggested to have something to do with the mission of the nuns, helping the elderly poor).

Or it could be the issues religious folks have been talking about in the same breath as USSC nominees.

The left is worried about businesses providing contraceptive coverage to their employees in their insurance plans

Can’t it be both? After all Trump is a glowing example of a human being when compared to nearly every major religious figure in history. (At least Christianity, can’t speak much for the others)

Hello, Trump presidency. Gotta go after nuns and Hobby Lobby? Along with wedding cake bakers? The Chik fil A guy did what? Oh no! Men breaking female powerlifting records because we can’t just admit they’re men?

Really, it’s a mystery how Trump gets support?

LOL. Right. Because without trying to help poor people get birth control, evangelicals would have voted for Hillary.

Lolololol.

Seeing how it was and is an issue they’re concerned about, along with others.

One is going to pick nominees for the Ussc friendly to their causes (preserving religious liberty and saving the lives of the unborn). The other will nominate the opposite.

Where is the mystery?

How is there any confusion?

If you just have to battle nuns and wedding cake makers prepare to be resisted. This feigned confusion as to why religious folks might oppose Dems, and throw support behind Trump is silly.

1 Like

There’s no confusion at all. I’ve literally said multiple times it makes perfect sense for the religious folks to support trump.

Good god you’re atrociously bad at reading.

You’re not the entirety of the thread (and the left in general), pfury. That was a general address to everyone in the thread somehow confused as to how religious folks might pick between two nominees who would then nominate USSC justices.

And I’ll have you know I’m great at reading. In fact, I was most often chosen to read excerpts in my classes! My mom might even still have some of my reading award certificates on the fridge

My apologies, I was confused as it was a reply directly to me.

Lol this will end up mattering any day now. Any… Day…

You are absolutely not. If anyone has ever told you you’re good at reading comprehension, they did you a terrible disservice.

Seriously. From all our past convos, that comment comes straight from the heart.

Well, well…You’re bad at reading comprohensionism and stuffs! And, and, I bet you have sloppy handwriting! Yeah!

1 Like

That wasn’t the intent of the thread, @Sloth

It was about Trump…compared to Trump…and no one else… and how in many peoples minds he is actually an “agent” of God, being utilized to do his Will. On that point…and that point alone…I am simply speechless.

Because one feels that Trump is a hypocritical, narcissistic, selfish and lying human being does NOT mean that they believe in all the Left does and supports.

I’m one of them.

1 Like

How many people, the religious included, actually believe he is God’s instrument? He’s the guy not picking leftist justices as Hillary would have.

I mean, I didn’t vote for the guy, but there was a compelling argument to. Hillary. The left in general. Hobby Lobby. Sisters of the Poor. Wedding cake makers and florists. The premeditated taking of independent and innocent human lives in the womb.