Trump Has Invited Putin to Washington for a Fall Summit

To be fair, a Patsy is just a weak person.

A puppet GETS. THINGS. DONE.

3 Likes

Putin knows he can count on Agent Orange.

2 Likes

Actually, looking at Trump media appearances following Helsinki (Tucker Carson interview being a prime example) I see that he’s repeating all standard Russian propaganda talking points which were undoubtedly explained to Trump by Putin during the two hour brainwashing session.

In the Tucker Carson interview he has mentioned Soviet WW2 casualties, how Montenegro may start WW3 (because they spurned Russia and chose NATO) and so on.

This is the stuff you can only hear if you’re on a steady diet of RT and Sputnik or if a “friend” helpfully explained it to you.

2 Likes

Ever think Putin is suspicious of his own work just based on how easy it is?

2 Likes

Nope. They did their homework. That sudden visit from then ambassador Kislyak to the WH was a test run whether they can circumvent “russophobic” Trump staff.

2 Likes

What do you guys think of Angela Merkel’s response? She has supported the two of them talking. Paraphrasing, but she said, “When world leaders meet it’s a good thing. Particularly when these 2 leaders control 90% of the worlds nuclear arms.”

She seems supportive of this fall summit, and that Trump and Putin are talking to each other.

Honestly, I think this is the apprehension talking. After all, both Putin (through his generous funding of Germany’s far right and extreme far right parties) and Trump are trying to remove her from office and she is desperately buying for time due to both internal and external upheavals until a viable alternative to the transatlantic alliance is found.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/398025-merkel-we-cant-rely-on-the-superpower-of-the-us-anymore

Grenell was very clear that the kinds of “conservatives” he admires are not the ones in Angela Merkel’s centrist Christian Democratic party, which is currently ruling Germany in a coalition with centrist social democrats (authors, presumably, of the “failed policies of the left,” the same policies that have made Germany the strongest economy in Europe). On the contrary, the one politician he named — “I’m a big fan” — is Sebastian Kurz, a center-right politician who has criticized Merkel, borrowed language from the radical right and currently rules Austria in coalition with the Freedom Party, a nativist, pro-Russian and anti-pluralist party.

In Germany, the equivalent of Kurz and the Freedom party is not Merkel. The equivalent is the Alternative for Germany, a nativist, pro-Russian and anti-pluralist party whose leader has just said that the Nazi era was nothing but “bird s–––,” an easily dismissed episode in the successful thousand-year history of Germany. Elsewhere in Europe, the equivalents are the other members of what might be called the Populist International, the nativist, pro-Russian and anti-pluralist parties that are indeed growing in strength in some countries. Just in case anybody missed Grenell’s point, Breitbart’s helpful headline clarified it: “Trump’s right hand man in Europe wants to empower European anti-establishment conservatives.”

3 Likes

So seriously this is all over timing? We should also concede that what Russia is accused of is a universal practice, one that we engage in constantly. Access wide open email accounts and release of information to the general populace. What they did was gather information and released it. They are accused of releasing the truth to the American people. As far as their invasion of the Ukraine. Yes they did, they’re bad people. But you do know that we interfered in the Ukrainian election right? It wasn’t just Russia. We have not been non-aggressive towards Russia and it’s areas of influence

2 Likes

This is a great point that doesn’t need to be underappreciated. Trump doesn’t have these kinds of facts and arguments as part of his policy “pitch”, like all other politicians at a certain level do. He doesn’t read, he doesn’t research, and he doesn’t have the background knoweldge to start citing these bits in defense of some policy or vision he has.

He’s saying them because someone recently told him to say them - these are lines being fed to a repeater. Trump doesn’t know the first thing about WW2 casualties and the like.

Was that Putin himself? Was it pro-Russian cronies, either within or (now) without the administration? No idea - but let’s all be clear that on all things Russia, Trump is touting pro-Russia factoids that are being manufactured for him.

3 Likes

Weren’t you the one who vehemently denied that Russia had anything to do with Wikileaks because “Putin said he didn’t do it”

So now they did it, but it’s all right because they were “telling the truth to the people”.

This is a nice illustration of GOP shifting goalposts - I suppose in one year’s time it will be “whatever, name me one US president who hasn’t been paid off by a dictator”

I’m all ears. Russian media claimed it was Biden and the “international Jewry”. I suppose the version circulating in the US alt-right sphere had some redacted parts.

This is also a typical Russian point, that they somehow have an “area of influence” where they can do whatever the fuck they want, international order be damned.

2 Likes

They gathered information, Verne, and selectively released it.

(Note: In no way am I justifying the DEMS behavior in the last election. In many ways, they got what they deserved in Trump).

This is the type of thing, that quite frankly, blows me away, Verne.

Trump can do and say things that would have gotten President Obama hung, drawn, quartered and burned at the stake…

Yet the worst Trump gets is “Well…we (the U.S.) hasn’t exactly been innocent…???”…or a complete pass?

Wow…

2 Likes

Illegally gathered information with the express purpose of doing damage to an enemy**

Well you must know a lot of alt right then than I do because I’ve never heard anyone who loves Putin. Not true here in Seattle we have a lot of Russians, they like him a lot. But I’ve never seen that their they are conservative in politics. I don’t think they are alt right

No that wasn’t me that I would’ve noted that it didn’t take Russian Intelligence officer to pull off that simple hack. DNC was idiotic with their security John podesta was even worse

Your insinuation that any US president has been bought off by the Russians qualifies as a bald-faced lie. Are you standing behind that or was that just you being a jerk?

The RNC needs to be hired by every Government and Corporation in the World because of their expertise in Cybersecurity.

3 Likes

Nice that you label things typical Russian propaganda. But really I don’t have the time to educate you on easily documented facts. you could look this up for yourself, but your last comment about our president being bought off makes me just label you really idiotic conspiracy theorist. I lost all respect with that comment of your

I honestly have no idea. I don’t get it.

Not strong on the reading comprehension part, aren’t we?

Extrapolating from the currently evolving GOP positions vis-a-vis Trump and Russia, I said it’s expected that in one year’s time the official GOP stance would be that “every US presidents was paid of by a dictator, so it isn’t such a big deal”.

2 Likes