Trump Fires Comey, Cites Clinton Missteps

Um guys… how did drawing funny lines make any difference in 99% of the land mass below? Can I draw funny lines in Central PA/NE/OH/TX and all the sudden get a blue district? No.

The real reason for the Reps gaining so much is that they moved left. They co-opted much of the Democrat platform.

Subsidised, regulated health care? Check.
Gay marriage? Check.
Protectionism and putting displaced worker’s welfare above free enterprise? Check.
Extensive entitlements for the poor and the elderly that can never be amended in any way? Check.

The US is now a lot more like Europe than the conservatives would ever admit. Both parties want a fair degree of government control and regulation. It’s just a matter of degree. The freedom caucus and libertarians are the real radicals wanting self determination and decreasing government power.

[quote]

My perspective on these issues is shared by former Attorneys General and Deputy Attorneys General from different eras and both political parties. Judge Laurence Silberman, who served as Deputy Attorneys General under President Ford, wrote that “it is not the bureau’s responsibility to opine on whether a matter should be prosecuted.” Silberman believes that the Director’s “Performance was so inappropriate for an FBI director that [he] doubt[s] the bureau will ever completely recover.”[/quote]

Never completely recover huh? Why are people complaining about this guy being fired again?

Mostly:

1. Because Trump did it.
  2. Because his reason is likely a B.S. cover. If not, it really looks that way

Agreed and good post - but the GOP’s ability to make inroads with this grand strategy was the Democrats’ inherent vulnerabilities. And the above quote I actually disagree with, though, if by this you mean to put its chips on simply being anti-Trump as Trump mismanages the country all to Hell. I think that only goes so far - I think the Democrats need to change and reconnect with some of their roots.

1 Like

I agree, the Dems shouldn’t rely on Trump’s malfeasance as their road from perdition–they need to step their game up at the local level, and (as you say) reconnect with alienated former members of their base. I just meant that, given their current disarray and lack of leadership, Trump’s malfeasance may be the best chance the Dems have.

In fact, the Dems should probably hire the consultants who put together Operation REDMAP and have them formulate Operation BLUEMAP. I’m sure those guys have their price, right?

1 Like

You are too gullible.

2 Likes
1 Like

Trump is not under investigation. It’s all spin

ALL of these things absolutely frustrate the shit out of me, and also make me nervous–we do NOT want to cede ground to anyone economically, no matter how much we want to avoid being the “world police”. It is a very sure fire way to make an impending bubble burst worse.

I feel as if I am watching a child dance as he burns down the house.

1 Like

Surely you don’t believe everything you read about actors. The guy was knocked out with one shot by a woman, but was also knocking out men in the same manner. Really? That’s the most ridiculous story(the entire story) I’ve ever read.

Is the point of this post catharsis?

If not the cause your frustration isn’t clear. You wanted him to sign tpp?

I’m sure it’s a mix of both. Either way it’s hilarious and a good example of an alpha male if you just assume it’s true

You believe literally anything that comes out of his mouth.

1 Like

Didn’t you post fake news from NYT earlier about Comey wanting more funds for Russian probe?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332741-comey-sought-funding-increase-for-russia-probe-before-firing-report

[quote]
The Justice Department’s top spokeswoman denied that Comey had requested more money or resources for the investigation. Sarah Isgur Flores called the reports “totally false.” [/quote]

Flores said Comey and Rosenstein last met on the morning of May 1, with no demand from the FBI director for additional resources. She said she could not address whether Comey might have asked for additional investigative steps that require the involvement of federal prosecutors.

1 Like

Her saying I don’t know is not evidence. You are attempting to connect dots to get to your desired conclusion.

This look into Russian interference into the election has been going on since summer 2016 and they still haven’t found anything that’s conclusive.

When will you accept it’s bogus?

That is not “alpha”. That is a sick fuckhead that ejaculates in peoples food.

Add this to the many indicators that you have no bearing on social mores what so ever.

You’re a deranged idiot that looks up to other deranged idiots.

It is at this point that I formally disavow any support or respect I have previously expressed for Trump, based solely on the fact that you support him.

Fuck both of you.

6 Likes

Don’t blame Trump for Raj. Every world leader is going to attract some nuts.

The Taliban and Al-Qaeda endorsed Obama over Romney. Does that mean Obama had anything to do with the Taliban or their worldview? Clearly not.

Also don’t eat anything cooked at Raj’s house, or let him near your porch.

4 Likes

I don’t, but at the same time I can no longer tolerate the idea that we both supported the same candidate that eventually became president.

I mean, I was optimistic about Trump for a number of reasons, and do want to see great things happen as a result of the tack he takes this country in, but I can’t be on the same team as Raj.

Granted, Raj only supported him because he wants to give the Donald a rusty trombone, but that just seems to make the decision even easier.

4 Likes