Trump Fires Comey, Cites Clinton Missteps

Meh, alpha male beta male is an amoral concept.

From everything I’ve heard of Leonardo Di Caprio he is a nice guy. He hasn’t committed any heinous crimes, donates to charity etc.

But he is clearly an alpha male through and through.

Your admiration for lusty aggressive men borders on the homoerotic.

But then again, this is a bodybuilding site where we regularly cheer for guys who compete: shaved, tanned and in Speedos.

4 Likes

recognizing human nature, whether it be sex differences, male/female sexual motivations/biomechanics, racial differences is important to understanding the world around us.

I mean why do you think men in muslim countries where sexual relations are constricted are dying to get to sexually liberal Europe?

Let’s get this thread back on track.

Naturally the lefty’s on the board will hate this idea. But how do the rest of you feel?

Response: The average American is pro-choice, in favor of gun control laws, pro-EPA, and approves of Obama. I don’t see any of that in Trump. One of the great puzzles of American political history is how the GOP keeps winning seats despite their positions.

2 Likes

I see a non-issue. He should not have held Comey over in the first place. Not because he’s a bad guy, or he botched this or that, but it’s common for administrations, especially when there is a party switch to get your own picks in place for most of these positions.
It’s not going to stop any investigations, it has no effect on the FBI’s ability to investigate Russia handling or anything else. I didn’t really like Comey because I thought he would announce things before he had all the facts, at least it seemed that way. I think, if your going to drop a bombshell, make sure you’re not going to end up eating your words. The Clinton email thing could have been handle better if he concluded the investigation and then released the results. Not open, then close, then re-open, then close… It looks disorganized.

2 Likes

I don’t know buddy this poll is a couple of years old but I think most are against abortion

That’s easy: gerrymandering.

1 Like

And there is this:

Yet, at the same time I think these same folks want to make sure that crazy people do not own guns.

As to why GOP keeps winning has more to do with how far the democrats have drifted left. As I have said many times if JFK were alive today he would most certainly have to be a republican.

Agreed, but only up to a point - gerrymandering doesn’t explain the dominance of statewide elections by the GOP (Senate, governorships). It’s been a rout across the board. I personally think that rout is more about what the Democrats did to themselves as opposed to what Republicans did.

2 Likes

The discrepancy seems to be how people identify “pro life.” Some people who personally are against abortion still believe ascribe to the belief that there should be a choice.

Article says he’s “in the mix”. Whatever that means.

If you look at the most vocal of the cerebral Trump apologists - Dilbert creator Scott Adams who also subscribes, although in more convoluted terms, to this whole alpha/beta/cuck/4d chess Trump thing, you’ll see that he had by his own admission, problems with forming any kind of relationship with women most of his adult life, to put it nicely.

So its simply a matter of projecting one’s frustrations and complexes onto a political figure, an alleged ubermensch that will break down the current socio-political order and reestablish the supposed “natural order of things” where this niche of his sexually frustrated fans will be at the top of the social pyramid with unfettered access to women, something they believe has been denied to them due to a myriad of reasons, whether it’s feminism/brown people taking their women/PC culture/take your pick.

Not to mention that some of the most vocal Trump fans on the alt-right scene are gay men.

3 Likes

Google ‘Operation REDMAP’ and you’ll have your answer. Here’s a quote from one source:

"REDMAP was created in early 2010, at a point when the country’s electoral map was largely blue. In twenty-seven states, Democrats held the majority of seats in both houses of the legislature, and in six more they held a majority in one house. The Presidency, the U.S. Senate, and the House of Representatives were all in Democratic hands. To describe their own party, Republicans were using words like “wounded” and “adrift.”

And, as bad as things looked at the time, the G.O.P.’s prospects down the road looked even worse. In 2011, new census figures were due to be released, and this would trigger a round of redistricting. Republicans, Daley writes, were facing “a looming demographic disaster.”

The idea behind REDMAP was to hit the Democrats at their weakest point. In several state legislatures, Democratic majorities were thin. If the Republicans commissioned polls, brought in high-powered consultants, and flooded out-of-the-way districts with ads, it might be possible to flip enough seats to take charge of them. Then, when it came time to draw the new lines, the G.O.P. would be in control.

“People call us a vast right-wing conspiracy,” Karl Rove told potential donors to the project at an early fund-raiser in Dallas. “But we’re really a half-assed right-wing conspiracy. Now it’s time to get serious.”

BTW, Operation REDMAP only cost the GOP ~30M dollars. For that paltry sum, they flipped the map and put the Dems on their heels. Thirty. Million. Dollars.

1 Like

But that’s only part of the answer, as I noted. I hate gerrymandering and support laws establishing district drawing by independent commissions and new technology, but you don’t get to draw districts unless you win, and Republicans won first, then redrew the lines. Gerrymandering is designed to play defense on your wins.

Republicans got smart to go on full offense to win elections, especially at state and local levels - Democrats allowed state parties to wither during the Obama administration. And now they’re paying the price.

But mostly, Democrats let the character of the party drift to where it couldn’t be competitive in places where deer season matters.

Look more closely. The purpose/goal of Operation REDMAP was to win state-level races so as to allow the GOP to control statehouses. Gerrymandering Congress was the ultimate goal, but control at the state level was the proximate goal.

I don’t understand your point - of course they were trying to win state level races. The GOP wants to control statehouses, there’s nothing odd or nefarious about that. They did precisely what they should have done.

Democrats should also be (and should have been doing all along) trying to win at state and local levels.

You wondered above how it is the GOP came to dominate statewide elections. The answer is Operation REDMAP. From the source I quoted above:

“The idea behind REDMAP was to hit the Democrats at their weakest point. In several state legislatures, Democratic majorities were thin. If the Republicans commissioned polls, brought in high-powered consultants, and flooded out-of-the-way districts with ads, it might be possible to flip enough seats to take charge of them. Then, when it came time to draw the new lines, the G.O.P. would be in control.”

That is/was my point. I didn’t mean to suggest it was odd or nefarious. The GOP saw an opening, crafted a strategy (REDMAP) to exploit that opening, and implemented the strategy. It was nothing short of brilliant. The Dems were caught flat-footed, and have been playing catch-up ever since.

The best ‘strategy’ the Dems have for reclaiming the House and/or Senate can be found at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

3 Likes