Trump Fires Comey, Cites Clinton Missteps

As stated before, there is actual evidence Israel and Saudi Arabia are meddling in US politics but because they aren’t politically sexy topics no one cares

2 Likes

There I go getting caught with using absolutes. I should know better. I guess I should have clarified. With the exception of tax laws, politicians and rich people don’t have to follow 99% of the law. Nobody fucks with the IRS, they’re terrifying.

Also I understand that outliers exist, but it’s hard to pretend like they’re forced to follow the law when you see celebrity X get busted for coke for the umpteenth time and goes to rehab while Johnny Poorfolk spends 5 years in prison. Add in the people that got out of the 07 crash with small time fines and no convictions.

Rich people pay fines (almost always) while poor people go to jail (almost always). Unfortunately that’s just how it is.

While I agree that Dems 100% shot themselves in the foot in almost all recent elections, this part is patently false. Trump’s entire campaign was about demonizing Dems, foreigners, and politicians. This was echoed by republicans across the country and it was wildly successful.

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about Trump. I was talking about the other 1000+ seats the dems lost…

Which is why I said this was echoed by republicans across the country. I mean shit, the entire platform of the GOP this time around was centered around undoing everything Obama touched. It was the main talking point to half of the entire election from top to bottom.

Like I said I’m not so sure. I imagine the IRS will lock someone up if they can’t cough up the money. But then again poor people don’t cheat the IRS out of much as they are poor…right?

As I have said many times you are a smart guy.

This is exactly right. While Obama was popular because he was charismatic and the first black President, his policies were mostly unpopular. The GOP knew this (thank God) and they went after those policies. Also, in all fairness it is difficult for one party to control the White House for three consecutive terms. Only been done twice since 1945. And I knew Hillary was not going to make it three…But I should stop there before certain people accuse me of bragging.

I was actually taking a shot at myself. I try to avoid using absolutes when they don’t make sense and sometimes I slip up.

You “slip up” less than just about any of us on these threads my friend.

As for Lindsay Lohan it’s true she was in and out of rehab many times. But she also served some jail time as well. Like I said the only advantage that the wealthy have is that they can afford the finest defense counsel. And that is a huge advantage. But I think it is countered with over aggressive prosecutors trying to take down a big name.

If I had to guess, based on the limited information we have and hunches, here is what I think occurred:

1. Trump is a vacuous, unserious man on matters of politics without any real deep thinking on any issues, and he’s also not inclined to work very hard to learn. He’s basically an empty vessel.

2. Powerful and wannabe powerful people around him know this to be true, and develop plans on using this empty vessel as a vehicle to get things they want. Witness everyone in his circles competing to try and get Trump to do things their way, according to their vision, knowing Trump is easily manipulable, flighty, and intellectually lazy. (Bannon and his alt-right nationalism, Kushner with his cosmopolitan cronyism, etc.)

3. A small group of pro-Russian instigators (Manafort, Flynn, etc.) with unsavory plans decided early to jump on board the Trump campaign, feeling confident that if he won, they could make good on some of these unsavory plans through the instrumentality of the state (Trump’s administration). They knew Trump would be out to lunch and too lazy to monitor what they were doing.

4. Once aboard the campaign, they tried to leverage their unsavory connections to help Trump get elected. Trump was likely clueless this was happening.

5. As bad info arose, Trump was compelled to do something about these individuals, but was never going to admit that he got suckered by them.

6. Trump doesn’t want this investigation to go forward because while it won’t show Trump with any direct dealings with Russians, it will show important people close to him engaged in very, very bad actions at a time Trump should have been paying closer attention to what these important people were doing on his behalf. Instead, the investigation will show him to be a lazy, naive absentee landlord of his campaign who was more concerned with farting around on Twitter insulting liberal celebrities than with overseeing important principals on his team and making sure America and the integrity of the election were protected. That result will show him as weak, unserious, and easily taken advantage of, not as the commanding CEO who has it all under control and makes the rules.

That could all change - the facts may show Trump was directly dealing with Russia (whether by choice or because of being compromised). But my take is Trump didn’t know, but never cared enough to even want to know, and that will look and be terrible for him.

5 Likes

This is one of your best posts.

Question, however - after Trump won nomination (against many of our cast prelim votes), who should the extremely conservatives (eg me) throw their support behind?

I believe you posted a series of graphs showing GOP getting more conservative than all Dems getting more liberal. But l think 2 items are at play. Socially conservative Democrats (likely Southern) are a non existent relic of our past and globalist GOPers (leadership often coercing rank & file) have carried ‘Conservatism’ way to the left of tradional position.

I know you give a statement ‘Principle not party.’ But l feel the same voting, indeed living, in opposition to most of the planks of the Democratic Party and liberalism in general.

1 Like

Good synopsis and, I think, a best-case scenario for Trump (i.e. you’re being kind).

Trump hasn’t changed his ways and treats being president the same as being CEO of a company, just a larger one. Commercial real estate doesn’t have near the regulation and oversight of many other industries (especially abroad), and since he surrounds himself with yes-men, he likely often tells them to “make it happen”. While he may not see the sausage is being made, he does know what’s going on. I think it’s likely the same thing here with Russia. However, if that proves a nut too tough to crack, I won’t be a bit surprised if we see investigations into his business dealings (think RICO).

1 Like

That’s a leap of self delusion. General Mad Dog Mattis is no one’s “yes man”. And I can think of a few others that would not fit that description.

Sorry but I am belly laughing over this one. Your dislike of Trump shows through when you say things like this. Honestly…I mean…really you have to stop this nonsense.

No, it isn’t - Mattis is an exception, and has at times been marginalized for not being a yes-man. Trump can’t stand being challenged, so it’s no great surprise he surrounds himself with partisan lackeys who never say “hang on, bad idea.”

1 Like

By the way, this is what I was referring to earlier - that the rise of Trump is somehow the exception. There are literally dozens of mini-Trumps currently in power all around the world, all preceding him.

So it’s not 4D chess but straight out cheap populism, shattering the myth of American exceptionalism. It’s all been done before ad nauseam, just not on this scale before.

Yes, I know it’s the Daily Show, but for those familiar with Jacob Zuma’s presidency in South Africa, the parallels with Trump and his current behavior are striking.

1 Like

Personally, I hated, hated Obama’s policies. Most of them anyway. I liked him opening up Cuba and charging tariffs on Chinese tires, pretty much everything else I disliked.
And no government policy has ever dry fucked my asshole more than the ACA. My premiums have more than doubled and so have my deductibles. It wouldn’t have been as big a deal if I didn’t have medical issues, but I had bad back issues and 2 major surgeries which crippled me and my family.
I am still paying the shit off.
I got a long list of shit he did that I hated with a passion.
Trump may be a clown, but I will take it over obama any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Which is fine. You’re obv entitled to formulate your own opinion based on your life. But to say that Republicans ran on anywhere near a “you’re good, we’re good and we are all going to do even better” is patently wrong.

Trump’s campaign slogan was Make America Great Again. He’s quite literally saying America is no longer great. That’s the most demonizing shit I’ve ever heard out of a modern day politician. He ran on 10x the hate democrats did.

2 Likes

I’m afraid Mattis, McMaster will just lead Trump mindlessly into war. These generals often live for this crap

Then where are the people telling Trump that firing Comey when he did, then immediately meeting with two Russian diplomats, would be horrible optics? Or essentially threatening Comey this morning on Twitter? Either they’re yes-men or Trump completely ignores them.

I know you think he’s as pure as the driven snow, but there are plenty of skeletons if you’d just bother to look.

Edit:

This was posted about 30 mins ago.

Go here to get around paywall if needed.

Okay, well at least you acknowledge he isn’t a genius. The rest of what you say I can admit has merit.

1 Like