Trump Fires Comey, Cites Clinton Missteps

These are what I call conservatards. As I read this there was a solid hand full of people I know that came to mind. I think it has to do with the generational transfer of both wealth and political ideology. I can think of two families in particular where the father was a traditional conservative, worked hard and did very well for himself and family. In the next generation- unfortunately people my age (45) they become sloven imitations of the original- Decadent, stupid, and ugly. They don’t actually share the same values, in word or deed, but know the vocabulary. Basically white trash with money.

I can see it getting worse too. As the land owners of the shale gas plays become flush with more money than their entire family tree has ever seen on this continent, it’s going to get crazy. Like rocket fuel supercharged decadence of traditional conservative values type crazy.

4 Likes

I frequent all sorts of sights.

Difference is, anything that’s rumoured or a “secret source” I take with a grain of salt regardless of where it comes from.

Secondly, what you’re claiming is quite extraordinary. How can anyone buy into such a behemoth claim without damning evidence?

First of all I have never had a whole lot of “faith” in Trump. Sometimes we get into partisan debates around here and I am pro the republican philosophy of government. But I don’t believe that I have ever said I had a good amount of faith in Trump. I have always maintained that he is (and I still consider him to be) better than the Hillary. And that is the choice that we all had.

You see…I was a Marco Rubio supporter. But then you know that I’ve said it many times. I know him and donated money to his campaign. As it turns out he was more than likely a bit too young and showed a lack of gravitas. But I digress…no I am not a big Trump fan never was and I doubt I ever will be. But I am sure he has never colluded with the Russians that is just pure nonsense. A tactic used by the dems and the left wing media to slow down the agenda and disrupt the enemy.

Perhaps I should have used the word “if”

“when it is all said and done and IF Trump and company (with possibly the Flynn exception) are found to be clean the electorate will punish the democrats for wasting millions of dollars and much time”

The above I believe to be true IF Trump and company (with the possible exception of Flynn) are found to have not colluded with the Russians.

They’re trying to drag this Russia stuff out to the 2018 midterms for obvious reasons. The Democrats know the Russia stuff is bunk

1 Like

And this is something that Hillary should see coming but doesn’t for some reason. If I were her as soon as I lost the election I would have gone for a nice long vacation that would have extended to the rest of my life. But instead she is stupidly out front going after Trump.

And one should always remember to never “kick a king”.

You are spot on with this statement. And I know it infuriates some when I use the word “game” but that is exactly what is going on right now. If you cause enough bluster you can get an investigation on just about anyone for just about anything. And with the left wing media driving the narrative “why this is worse than Watergate” of course there is going to be an investigation.

But as I said when nothing substantive is turned up the electorate is going to punish the democrats severely. They get a short-term gain out of this by mudding the waters. But a long-term loss when nothing of substance shows up.

As far as the public knows, there isn’t “damning evidence” yet, hence the reason for the investigations: to find out if there is any. The fact that there was enough evidence, though - classified or otherwise - to support multiple investigations by the IC and Congress, is enough for most people to support seeing them through. I am not sure why that seems so unreasonable to you.

Truth.

#Would anyone here actually prefer to have crooked Hillary or hypocrite Bernie as President?

1 Like

Yup. Iirc the US intel community, as well as the entire EU intel community came to the same conclusion. Again, I’m in no way saying Trump caused the hacking/interfering, merely that his ideals aligned with Putin so he got Putin’s support. You can see this in the other ~6-7 countries Russia has interfered with in the past few years.

Someone should let McCain know. [quote=“zeb1, post:207, topic:229515”]
And this is something that Hillary should see coming but doesn’t for some reason. If I were her as soon as I lost the election I would have gone for a nice long vacation that would have extended to the rest of my life. But instead she is stupidly out front going after Trump.
[/quote]

I genuinely don’t think Trump has the balls to go after HRC. Especially after firing Comey. If he had the balls, he would have done so already.

It’s not that I find the above unreasonable, it’s the level of conviction people have shown to Trump’s collusion before anything has been found.

Imagine if the court of public opinion was how the justice system worked?

You might be right. But, would anyone ever bet on what Trump might do given the ideal circumstances? Hillary is gambling with the rest of her life. Not a smart move in my opinion.

You’re forgetting laws don’t apply to rich people and politicians. Since HRC is both, she’s systematically immune to actual jailtime.

It’s worth remembering a lot of the people that are so intense about the Russia collusion lived through the Cold War. Very few people from that time period get a fuzzy feeling when Russia comes up. Especially with Putin at the helm.

2 Likes

This isn’t politically feasible the way Trump played it. In fact the way he went about firing Comey it will be impossible for that to happen because of the scrutiny of both parties and the media. That’s not to say he couldn’t still be cleared anyway.

Well, I’ll give you that much for sure.

2 Likes

Basically the rift can be summed up in two words, Identity Politics. The left embraced identity politics, forgetting the identity of the majority in favor of forcing the identity of the minority on the majority and the majority didn’t like that.
The left’s response? Double down on identity politics and PC politics. The result is contraction.

If I were a republican running for office, I would be showing the Berkeley Riots, the anti-free speech movements and all the clowns in masks terrorizing people in various towns in a commercial, with the caption underneath “Is this who you want to run the country?” “You can vote for freedom or you can vote for violence.”

1 Like

There is a tiny problem with the Russia collusion, the stunning lack of evidence, still.

I’ll tell you who is not worried about this supposed collusion, those of us whose families lived on both sides of the Cold War and who were directly affected by it. None of us buy the bullshit by the democrats because most of us remember the softness of the democrats on the USSR and their cronies. This smoke and mirrors that they now actually care about Russia has not erased the memories of all the Jimmy Carter fuckups, or the more recent uncheck expansion of power by Russia under the Obama Administration.
The democrats only care about Russia because Russia butt hurt them. Conservatives and Republicans never had any illusions about Russia since the Cold War started. LBJ was the last democratic president to take a hard stance on the expansion of communism.

2 Likes

Not true. You only need to ask Martha Stewart, Richard Nixon’s relatives (not jailed by resigned in disgrace). The relatives of deceased and disgraced VP Spiro Agnew, Robert Downy Jr., Phil Spector, Wesley Snipes, James Brown, OJ Simpson, Sheldon Silver the former powerful head of the NYS Assembly and just to drive my point home further about politicians in particular here is a nice long list from just about every state in the union who have served, or are serving jail time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crime

Don’t believe the propaganda that the rich and powerful get away with criminal activities. They may be able to hire better lawyers than the typical citizen. But the are far from immune to prosecution and actually because of their fame and or title they make for a nice target and lots of good publicity for prosecutors.

I agree and if I thought for an instant it had a even a shred of credibility I would be beside myself with anger. But…I know better.

Or it could be that people were tired of getting screwed by so called ‘progressive policies’ and threw the people out who were screwing them. The republicans ran grass roots campaigns all over the country that’s why the map turned red.
It’s unreasonable to believe that the republicans bought over 1000 seats across the board for 30 mil. The dems spent much more and lost. And it goes back to what I said, the embracing of Identity Politics and PC politics. Most people hate that shit, period.
It’s not complcated, most people don’t appreciate being called bigots, racists or priviledged. Most people have plenty of problems of their own but then are told they need to give more to the government so it can fix the problems when the government caused half of the problems in the first place. Bottom line, people don’t like to be insulted and ripped off and that’s what democrats across the land promised to do.

Go tell your friends they are a bunch of dicks and they have too much, all the time and see how many friends you have left after a while…

People want to hear, ‘you’re good, we’re good and we are all going to do even better.’ That’s what republicans ran on and that’s why they won.

1 Like